KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

0 Rating
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing Company

Sep 9, 2021 - Direct Support Professional (DSP)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Futures Explored promotes working as a team to create the best outcome for individuals with developmental disabilities. Staff are great, management is very collaborative and supportive. Great benefits, great people including staff, participants and management.

Cons

It is hard for us to recruit good, reliable staff these days.

2. 4.0

Great People - Great Company

Sep 8, 2021 - IT Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for Futures for almost a decade and I'm super grateful to work for such a company. The culture is centered around caring for each other and you feel valued as an employee. I've noticed that as a whole, most staff care about each other and it creates a tight-nit work environment. We have multiple staff that have worked over a decade with a company (I believe the longest working current staff started in the late 1990s). Our company is trying hard to make employees feel welcome by creating trainings on mental health, safety, and other interesting topics. We also have a fitness challenge program as a fun way to give back. There has been some recent restructuring of the programs to make them more efficient and specialized. The Exec Director is looking to continually improve and cares about employees. Happy to be part of such a great company!

Cons

Every company has cons, but I think Futures is good at balancing those out with the positive

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fulfilling work while teaching something I love!

Sep 7, 2021 - Production Coordinator in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot's of creative freedom in terms of what I can teach. Fulfilling work with the community we work with. Great staff as well!

Cons

Studio location isn't always the best for film/video projects. Lots of planes and trains!

4. 4.0

Able to Be Creative

Sep 7, 2021 - Director in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive work environment, good teams, rewarding work. I enjoy getting opportunities to be creative and think strategically in supporting the goals of our participants each day.

Cons

Could be better funded by system to give us all time to focus on being person centered in our mission

5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company provides a supportive environment to their staff. Usually mistakes are used as a learning opportunity. In working here, you get to help people every day often while doing really fun things like going to the movies, gardening, day trip to San Francisco to name a few. It offers excellent time off and health benefits and allows for a great work/life balance.

Cons

Some positions require a lot of driving.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company with passion

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission, wonderful staff dedicated to providing an awesome service.

Cons

None, I love working here

7. 1.0

Pathetic company

Jan 20, 2021 - Lead Janitor in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing is a pro with this company.

Cons

Terrible pay way under industry standards. Time wasting trainings that have nothing to do with work. Management has no idea how to run a company, fulfill contracts or order supplies.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Futures was a great job

Sep 18, 2020 - Finance Director in Concord, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Futures was a great job

Cons

It was a learning experience

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Lacks consistency, positive leadership, promotes inclusion, often fails to execute it.

Feb 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This organization has been around for a very long time, and because of this, are a staple in their community. What they're trying to succeed at is extremely noble as another reviewer put it. When it works, the participants shine bright. There is a lot of positive intentions and ideas that travel through the organization, unfortunately many are abandoned without any attempt.

Cons

• Disorganized, lacks daily and long term planning, lacks communication between management and staff. • Some employees use passive aggressive tactics to dictate what individual participants are doing right/wrong. When nothing improves, the participant continues to behave poorly until they are given enough warnings that they are asked to exit the program they are attending. • Management delegates/share responsibilities among all staff, no explanation given. When that employee fails to accomplish a task, they are ignored, criticized or it’s handled by another employee. Additionally, the employee whose official job holds them responsible and should have been given the task in the first place is penalized for not doing their job. • Management will not admit any accountability unless blatantly obvious, and at that point the damage has been done, and the staff still need to fix the issue. In conclusion, if you're looking to pay your bills, this organization is for you. If you’re looking to make a difference, apply for a company that recognizes your skills, promotes equal opportunity and inclusion. Then be an advocate for the participants so your company hires them, and they won’t have to be involved with Futures Explored anymore.

10. 3.0

Great Program Management needs help Executive Director needs to go

Sep 10, 2019 - Consumer in Lafayette, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great field trips classes are fun

Cons

closed our thrift store without telling anyone

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews