Gambit Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Gambit Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2018

4.3
Gambit Technologies CEO Mike Ellis (no image)
Mike Ellis
  1. "Truly Stellar Recruiting Agency"

I worked at Gambit Technologies

Pros

Gambit is an organization that embodies excellence at every level of the recruiting space. From first contact, all the way to signing the offer, Gambit is with their candidates every step of the way. As a deliberately developmental organization, they encourage personal and professional development, and give you the tools that you need to succeed along with the guidance to meet the goals that you set for yourself.... Gambit is poised for explosive growth in the coming years, and there’s so much opportunity to challenge yourself and take on new responsibilities. For anyone looking to get into recruiting at a firm that sets reasonable goals, challenges you to grow, and offers hands on mentorship, I cannot recommend Gambit Highly enough.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that Gambit needs to ramp up hiring, but they’re already aggressively doing that. It’s a great opportunity to come in on the ground floor, and really build something with a team that exudes positivity and passion.

Gambit Technologies2018-07-21
  2. "Great company for long term career goals!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Gambit Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company has grown so much in the past 4 years I've been here. The people, goals, and quality of work has always been fantastic. In the past 2 years, there has been a huge amount of dedication towards the growth and development of employees including clear career paths, tons of mentoring, and a variety of opportunities for growth. It's such a blast to come to my "home away from home" and be challenged on a... daily basis. MGMT is fantastic!

Cons

None at this time. :)

Gambit Technologies2018-04-30

"If The Walls Could Talk.... & Other HR Nightmares"

I worked at Gambit Technologies full-time

Pros

They had chairs, and a desk, and I had to enter 5 words for Pros to submit this review.

Cons

Where to begin? First off, the interview process at this place is insane. 8+ hours to get some entry level job, so much so that at the end of it you feel as though you need to have this job to justify this silly process. The job is old school cold calling. The career development is lack luster, with the majority of "management" quitting because why would you want to stay aboard this sinking ship. Lastly,... this is just a big ol' boys club.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and realize that bringing in Munchkins on Friday mornings isn't a bandaid for the bad treatment of employees and deadbeat job.

Gambit Technologies2017-06-15

"Small Boutique Staffing Firm with Tech Knowledge & Family Values"

I have been working at Gambit Technologies full-time

Pros

I cannot rave about this company enough. In my 2.5 years working here, I have had the honor to work with some of the smartest, most hard working individuals. They understand technology at a deep, nitty-gritty level in order to meet clients' hiring needs and are valued by top technologists. The management is fantastic, offers an incredible work life balance, and works hard to retain their employees. At the end of the... day, it's a lean and mean organization that offers a family environment; a place where quirks are welcome and teamwork is encouraged as long as you're willing to put in the effort yourself.

Cons

Additional technical training should be offered after the initial onboarding.

Advice to Management

Recent improvements and hires have been great! Continue hiring as long as individuals are a good culture fit. Remember that a fancy pedigree or a high GPA isn't everything.

Gambit Technologies2016-11-04

"Good Firm with people that know technology"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Gambit Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff knows technology, there's lots demand from their clients, and they have a high bar for the type of candidates they work with. No micro management and good work life balance. Recent senior management hire is great and making significant changes to the firm.

Cons

The people there are all technical and they train you on the technology if you don't know it already so sometimes the training takes time (often months) before you're really comfortable assessing technical candidates. They also need to hire so many more people.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

Gambit Technologies2016-08-15

"Ok place to start out, not stay"

I worked at Gambit Technologies

Pros

You learn a lot about technical recruiting, working with clients and selling/speaking to candidates. Good stepping stone to a role in HR. You also learn how to deal with a high stress job.

Cons

This place is like an old boys club with nepotism thrown in. I've never seen a more unprofessional environment. Jr. recruiters are hired and given dead accounts, so the pay is low. It's essentially a cold calling job coupled with a very stressful work environment. Management gives no direction or structure.

Advice to Management

I know you guys are trying- you need more structure for your employees and to make sure the company culture is not one of an HR nightmare.

Gambit Technologies2016-08-10

"good place"

I worked at Gambit Technologies

Pros

Great place for students to learn. People are willing to share and teach. I would miss them.

Cons

I hope I could have more time to figure it out

Gambit Technologies2016-01-27
  8. "Best staffing company I've worked with"

Current Contractor - Management Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Gambit Technologies for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, helpful, and proactive staff who are very responsive and understand the market. They went the extra mile with placing me in my current contract position.

Cons

None, all my interactions with them thus far have been positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Gambit Technologies2015-08-05

"Technical Role @ Gambit"

I worked at Gambit Technologies

Pros

* Flexible schedule * Relaxed environment * Nice people in the office * People of diverse backgrounds in the office

Cons

* Nothing really worth mentioning.

Gambit Technologies2015-06-12
  10. "Great place to start interning"

Former Intern - Recruiting Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Gambit Technologies for less than a year

Pros

Gambit is a great place to intern if you want to get into recruiting or HR. They will teach you the basics, secrets and tricks of recruiting. You will walk away from the internship with skills that other companies do not normally take the time to teach and they are skills that companies look for. The work environment, culture and people are great. They are pretty laid back but really know their stuff.

Cons

The internship program was fairly new and not as developed, but they are always open to suggestions and are continuing to improve the program each semester.

Gambit Technologies2014-01-14