Gambit Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Mike Ellis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Small Boutique Staffing Firm with Tech Knowledge & Family Values"

I have been working at Gambit Technologies full-time

Pros

I cannot rave about this company enough. In my 2.5 years working here, I have had the honor to work with some of the smartest, most hard working individuals. They understand technology at a deep, nitty-gritty level in order to meet clients' hiring needs and are valued by top technologists. The management is fantastic, offers an incredible work life balance, and works hard to retain their employees. At the end of the day, it's a lean and mean organization that offers a family environment; a place where quirks are welcome and teamwork is encouraged as long as you're willing to put in the effort yourself.

Cons

Additional technical training should be offered after the initial onboarding.

Advice to Management

Recent improvements and hires have been great! Continue hiring as long as individuals are a good culture fit. Remember that a fancy pedigree or a high GPA isn't everything.

2. "If The Walls Could Talk.... & Other HR Nightmares"

I worked at Gambit Technologies full-time

Pros

They had chairs, and a desk, and I had to enter 5 words for Pros to submit this review.

Cons

Where to begin?

First off, the interview process at this place is insane. 8+ hours to get some entry level job, so much so that at the end of it you feel as though you need to have this job to justify this silly process.

The job is old school cold calling. The career development is lack luster, with the majority of "management" quitting because why would you want to stay aboard this sinking ship.

Lastly, this is just a big ol' boys club.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and realize that bringing in Munchkins on Friday mornings isn't a bandaid for the bad treatment of employees and deadbeat job.

"Good Firm with people that know technology"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Gambit Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff knows technology, there's lots demand from their clients, and they have a high bar for the type of candidates they work with. No micro management and good work life balance. Recent senior management hire is great and making significant changes to the firm.

Cons

The people there are all technical and they train you on the technology if you don't know it already so sometimes the training takes time (often months) before you're really comfortable assessing technical candidates. They also need to hire so many more people.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

"Ok place to start out, not stay"

Pros

You learn a lot about technical recruiting, working with clients and selling/speaking to candidates.

Good stepping stone to a role in HR. You also learn how to deal with a high stress job.

Cons

This place is like an old boys club with nepotism thrown in. I've never seen a more unprofessional environment. Jr. recruiters are hired and given dead accounts, so the pay is low. It's essentially a cold calling job coupled with a very stressful work environment.

Management gives no direction or structure.

Advice to Management

I know you guys are trying- you need more structure for your employees and to make sure the company culture is not one of an HR nightmare.

"good place"

Pros

Great place for students to learn. People are willing to share and teach. I would miss them.

Cons

I hope I could have more time to figure it out

"Technical Role @ Gambit"

Pros

* Flexible schedule
    * Relaxed environment
    * Nice people in the office
    * People of diverse backgrounds in the office

Cons

* Nothing really worth mentioning.

7. "Gambit is the real deal for staffing agencies."

Former Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Gambit Technologies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gambit is probably the one agency that actually does staffing the right way. They have an intricate process in which they vet candidates. They work with the biggest and best clients in the industry. Their clients and candidates love them. All of the people that work there are technical so they actually know how to screen technical candidates. I loved in there.

Cons

They need to hire more people. They have lots of jobs to work on, but need to hire more people.

"good place to work"

Pros

nice coworkers to work with

Cons

couldn't think any of it

"Recruiting Coordinator"

I have been working at Gambit Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start your career. They teach you not only the fundamentals of recruiting but how to be successful in a career. It is a small team where everyone works together for the overall success of the business and personal goals. Even if your interest lies within the HR Generalist space, it is a great place to build a foundation.

Cons

When I started, there weren't standardized processes and procedures in place. Since then, there has been restructuring, and now a process for everything to help with the flow of business.

Advice to Management

This is tough, but I think that there could be more structure around mid and annual reviews for employees.

10. "Excellent place to work"

Former Employee - Tech Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tech Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Gambit Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment and got along with my fellow employees. They have a solid client base as they deal with some of the top companies in the area. I learned the tech side of recruiting which really propelled my career forward. Another major factor ...I was never micromanaged which allowed me to grow and mature which for me was something that is hard to find at most recruiting companies.

Cons

....with that said at times I wish I would have been pushed harder, but no complaints

Advice to Management

Really enjoyed my stay and would recommend highly especially if you want to get into tech recruiting and a friendly work environment