KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 226 of over 683 reviews

3.7
Gi Group CEO Stefano Colli-Lanzi
Stefano Colli-Lanzi
Pros
  • "Good work environment, great work life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "Gi Group is an MNC, good working environment(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours(in 6 reviews)

• "The working hours are not great for a work home balance- 8 - 5(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

All good

Jun 30, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. The team.

Cons

Low pay, difficult to get promoted.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company

May 4, 2021 - Business Analyst in Malta, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good Human Resources department

Cons

Not too many perks offered

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good team, warm and fun environment

Jun 1, 2021 - Chef in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casual and relaxed environment, friendly and caring ownership

Cons

Lack of vertical advancement, minimal benefits offered

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Gi Gi construction

Nov 13, 2015 - General Laborer in Auburn, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like working outside, its funny because i do different things, like building houses or sometimes rebuilding,..and I do paint, framing, tile,etc.

Cons

Its Cool Doing Construction But sometimes its hard because Is heavy job like doing framing or Roofing But weather conditions here its helpfully.

15 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Management fundamental problems!

May 8, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

While I was working at Gi Group and until understanding their lack of vision, strategy and top management abilities, it was a great working environment to be part of which gave me the chance to meet great people and develop professionally. I do regret the fact that this process has stopped at some point and the disfunctions of the young group came to surface.

Cons

The top management has a fundamental decision making problem, not carefully analyzing all the data, not considering all people and stakeholders opinion, actually I could say the decisions are taken by instinct or listening just to one-two managers, not necessary qualified but who gained the "trust" of the top manager. A typical issue in the small companies, but not acceptable in a group of this size. The above situation leads to wrong operational decisions and confusing strategies for the operational teams, with many changes and new added ongoing projects with out finding solutions to the previous initiated ones. From a qualitative approach the company moved to a quantitative approach, this way loosing professionals that helped building the company in various regions world-wide and attracting cheap unqualified people. Again, it was a great company to work for, but now I am sure it will be challenging for any professional that is willing to contribute and be part of a professional environment. Decision are taken in the ivory tower by a small group of people, independent of the field challenges and people’s opinion, fact that can become quite frustrating for the operational side. When I say decision I am not referring just to the group ones, but to the local ones as well. So their "glocal" strategy is simply not applied. Last but not least, many of the top and regional managers are lacking in critical managerial abilities, thus all is good until you have to directly interact with them, but of course it cannot be generalized. My personal case was, I didn’t leave the company, but the manager.

8 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Not bad

Nov 15, 2021 - Project Manager in Beijing, Beijing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment, good people, no pressure

Cons

Stressed, not organizing well things, but overall good

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The worst I known

Nov 24, 2021 - Machine Operator in Southampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

No one reason, better work for others

Cons

Branch in Southampton is the worst Not paying salary correctly constantly some payment missing for holiday , overtime etc and to get that payment paid takes months of calling to them without results

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Waitress

Nov 7, 2021 - Server%2FWaitress in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Great experience Meet different people everyday

Cons

There’s no downsides to say for the company

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Treat you lovely in the interview, treat you like poo when hired.

Jul 31, 2021 - Food Production Operative in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid holidays Decent pay on regular hours Great pay on over time (£22 per hour) Basically guaranteed to get the job regardless of your interview or application

Cons

Treat you terrible when you're hired. Always have an attitude towards you. Terrible management - you're supposed to ring them if you're sick so they let the company know on your behalf (they contract you out), but they never do and make you look like you didn't tell them. I MEAN TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT - I was absent due to close contact with COVID-19 and they let me go without letting me know. Rang the security to let them know I tested negative and they told me they've been told not to let me back. When I say terrible, I mean terrible - there were people underpaid who were due to get their extra hours the following week, who months later are still owed a few hundred pounds. VERY BAD COMMUNICATION.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Safety Concerns dealt with promptly

Aug 5, 2021 - Car Driver in Grimsby, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gemma and Chelsea are always very polite and efficient. I understand that it is not always easy for them as they have to deal with very dynamic situations. Gemma and Chelsea dealt with my safety concerns in a prompt, caring and efficient manner.

Cons

The manner of the car driving job means that the shifts that you are asked to do is unpredictable and shifts can be cancelled at short notice. However this is the nature of shipping and has to be accepted.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 226 Reviews