Giftcraft Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Trevor Cohen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I work closely with our management team both in Canada and in the US (in 14 reviews)

• We have a vast inventory of product with new product releases every 8-10 weeks that can be placed in almost any retailer (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • customer service is rude to customers (in 6 reviews)

• Its challenging out there and one has to do consistent hard work to meet targets (in 6 reviews)

"A Good Company"

Pros

I will choose my words well. This is, A good co., Always trying....maybe too hard. I liked my job, my mgr, my custs, also I made good money!

Cons

These problems all common, same with competitors. New product intros ship dates were not being met. Out of stock product, that effected your shipping quota.

Advice to Management

Lastly, In this Industry, it just isn't DONE. However, I feel it is a very valuable step that should not be lost! Top Management should recognize and greet each representative at every National Sales Meeting, regardless of their performance of that Year.

2. "Territory Sales Representative"

I have been working at Giftcraft part-time

Pros

Variety of products; come out with new items every 8 weeks

Cons

Expectations are extremely high; micromanage

Sep 11, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your review. The Giftcraft Territory Sales Representative position is a full time position and we currently do not offer this position on a part-time basis. We clearly communicate the... More

"Great Entry Level job"

I worked at Giftcraft full-time

Pros

Great entry-level job into the industry.

Cons

Not a place to build a future with unless you come to them from another company with a solid base of accounts. Hard to nearly impossible to get into their 10% commission zone.

Mar 6, 2017 – HR Director

Giftcraft Territory Sales Reps are provided with a unique opportunity to work with an industry leading designer and manufacturer that has a diverse and largely proprietary product offering. There is... More

"Territory Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at Giftcraft (More than a year)

Pros

Many good customers. The company is trying hard to stay on trend. They have some good products, but you can not predict what you will make due to the constant pre-sells, customer wants and customer and company's cancellations. If you are a seasoned rep and need a full time job with a part time income...this would be the job for you.

Cons

Products don't ship on time or sit on back order for a long time, then can be canceled or are broken upon delivery. Customers get frustrated with quality of some of the products and the back orders. Per diem for motel is not enough. You end up in the hole with this expenditure and your commissions are next to nothing. They preach sell more and by selling at a certain level, your base salary is increased. Commissions don't change..still end up next to nothing. So sell...sell...she... to increase your base salary, because, that is the only True picture.

Advice to Management

Commission is based on shipping and due to cancellations this effects the shipping and the commission. Sales Representatives Sell. We don't deliver broken products, and should not be held responsible for this type of cancellation off their sales numbers.

Feb 21, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback, we feel it is important to address your comments. Territory Sales Reps are provided with a unique opportunity to work with an industry leading designer and manufacturer... More

"Good company"

Pros

They work really hard in training and helping their sales reps.

Cons

There is a lot of driving

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Sales Rep"

Pros

Some freedom in your schedule - although you are supposed to be in the field 9-5.

Cons

Pay is extremely low! And there's also the ever looming threat of them lowering your pay based on your sales. I haven't worked for a company that was based on a sliding pay scale since college. It sucks! They don't give you nearly enough time to get up and running before they hold you to your sales quota. Then there is the shipping hurdle that you have to get over before you even get paid your commission. I've been in sales a long time and have never heard of such a thing. There could be potential to make money with this job, because of the shipping hurdle, it's basically impossible to make really good money. Calling to make appointments with existing customers it's extremely hard. Most of them have had experience with broken product. There's a reason all of your customers will call the company Grifcrap. The company will tell you there's only 3% return rate. I don't buy it. There is a lot of turnover in sales. I think that speaks volumes about the position itself.

Advice to Management

Let the reps do their job and quit tracking their every move & every sales call that they make throughout the day.

Feb 21, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your post and feedback. We are sorry that you didn’t have a good experience here. However, we would like to address a few of your comments. Our employment contract is very specific with... More

"Territory Manger"

Former Employee - Territory Key Accounts Manager in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Territory Key Accounts Manager in Midvale, UT

I worked at Giftcraft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Giftcraft has a lot of products to sell and is always coming out with new products. Showing the product line one an I pad is easy and is always up to date.

Cons

Hard company to work for. Unrealistic, no support there is a reason they are called gift-crap because the products are not of good quality. High turn over of reps. Run and don't waist your time....

Oct 26, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback, we feel it is important to address your comments.

Territory Sales Managers are provided with a unique opportunity to work with an industry leading designer and... More

"Fun Products"

I worked at Giftcraft full-time

Pros

Some what independent work environment.

Cons

Expectations are high; pay is low.

Advice to Management

Create a realistic compensation package.

Feb 21, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your post. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed having independence in your work day. Independence requires discipline in order to ensure success. While we do offer our Sales Reps a... More

"Sales executive"

I have been working at Giftcraft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom to set own schedule & unlimited earning potential.

Cons

Some territories are heavy in travel.

"Success is What You Make It"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Eugene, OR

Pros

We have a vast inventory of product with new product releases every 8-10 weeks that can be placed in almost any retailer. Many sales jobs are commission only. Giftcraft offers salary and commission plus expense money for travel. Great customer support, ideas, images and videos on our website as well as very efficient software for placing orders. I love meeting new people and developing new business relationships. If you put in the effort you will reap the rewards. My district manager is awesome, supportive and available for all my questions. I really love this job!

Cons

Could use more product samples. Customers like to touch and see actual samples.

Advice to Management

Keep supplying us with all the latest and greatest product to sell!