GovGistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Robert Hammond

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Inside Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The platform is outstanding and it's great when you believe in the product that you sell.

Cons

I am happy to work for this company.

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Good Sales Reps Stay"

Current Employee - Defense Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Defense Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Govgistics has a great program to make each new Sales rep successful . They have a nice pay woth commission. The facility and training program allows you to succeed-If you’re good. I saw one new sales Rep get released but it was obvious that they did not have skills. I knew it and so did others in my training class. I read these reviews and all the negative comes from sales reps that could not sell. Someone in my training class sold over 35K in 2 month-boat load of commission and won a trip to Rome Italy. I see reps making 10-15K easily (but you have to work-make the calls, do the demo's) If you are not willing to make calls, set demo’s then obviously you will not last. I have been here about 6 month and have made a nice commission each month

Cons

None yet-maybe I will edit later, but for now- all good

Advice to Management

Great start- From day one you are assigned a Trainer. He is a great ambassador to the firm. You can feel his passion immediately. Knowledgeable and makes the day fun. If you follow the steps and your good then you will make money. They give you the tools and the playbook. It is up to you to make Money. I have made several nice checks here. My wife is very happy that I am home by 5:30 and have nice checks to support the family. Thanks Govgistics

3. "Feels like jail"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Business casual and 8-5. Product seems ok but the training is so thin that it will take you forever the learn the ins and outs.

Cons

This a commission draw position don't let the recruiters fool you. Terrible work environment, feels like a prison they even make the whole place take 15 min breaks together at 10 and 3 just like "yard" time in a jail. You have to fingerprint scan in to time clock just so on Mondays they can adjust everyone's hours to 40 no matter what?? Glitchy crappy custom CRM, training is a joke. If it's true that folks are making 6 figures at this place, you sure can't tell because you see a lot of grown men getting picked up by their moms at 5 everyday. I'm not a smoker but smokers are treated like lepers. There are stories of multiple former employees OD-ing. Sales floor is dark and dingy like a dungeon. Everyone looks unhappy to be there. More of a correctional facility than a workplace.

Advice to Management

Totally change your culture. You get more bees with honey than with poison.

4. "Professional"

Current Employee - Senior Aerospace Defense Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Aerospace Defense Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From the training, opportunity, environment and management you'll have a hard time finding a finer company to build a career. Very happy Defense Analyst here...

Cons

Well, you have to show up and put in a days effort. I don't consider this a Con...

Advice to Management

5. "Good money if you work hard - Awesome system/product that sells it self."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money, great product. #1 system in the market. New office and good group of people to work with, everybody tries to help each other.

Cons

At times micro managing becomes a little bothersome.

Advice to Management

Keep on improving and doing the good job you are doing.

6. "Terrible Company - From Management to Culture"

I worked at GovGistics full-time

Pros

cant think of any that are worth writing.

Cons

terrible management, from owner to president to trainers. Dont care about employees. Worst culture I have seen anywhere. Boiler room atmosphere. Terrible CRM. Just not a good business. Waste of my time.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to run a business that makes employees want to come to work.

7. "Notice all the good reviews say the bad reviews are haters and lazy people? They only keep people they know. Very tribal"

I worked at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free ice cream and Red Bull. Good starting salary. Good product. Good commission structure. If you make it long enough to earn any.

Cons

That salary will be reduced to minimum wage when the fire you. You might get 2 decent checks if your lucky. You spend the first 2 weeks generating leads. Leads that your team leader gets to keep if they fire you.

Advice to Management

Stop being so tribalistic. I am one of those people with no skills in sales you fired. I'm now a senior account manager at a major Hedge fund.

"I have never worked for a more unethical company!"

I worked at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an outstanding product!

Cons

With such an outstanding product, you shouldn't have to be unethical to hit you numbers. The training manager boasted about selling Govgistics to a mouse trap company. He said they would never make their investment back. We were also invited to sit in on a sales call where he said the company was not a fit for Govgistics. We found that the company was a one man show. We also heard that the potential client had to leave the meeting shortly to go to his part time job, which he needed to make ends meet. The training manager put the phone on mute, made his swing of the baseball bat motion, and declared he was swinging for the fences. No moral compass. He also stated that he didn't care if you lied to get the meetings, just get the meetings.

Advice to Management

You've been sued once. Record and review your calls before you are sued again.

9. "Hate us cuz they ain't us"

Pros

An AWESOME sales job, from the top...down this company has for it going on...
    NO COMPLAINTS

Cons

Nothing bad to say at all

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on
    You all rock

10. "Defense Analyst"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High commissions, PTO, Benefits, high salary. Great work environment if you have the ability and work ethic which is needed for this job. They take care of you if you are willing to take care of your self. This job is not for the 'run of the mill' salesmen. Not only do you need to have the skills to sell you also need to have the ability to understand different markets (aerospace/defense). The job can be extremely rewarding if you want it to be.

Cons

They do a poor job screening new hires. A lot of the people which they hire do not make it. Usually because they do not have the skill set/ work ethic/ frame of mind to do the task at hand.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of screening new hires. Overall I think the company has done a great job.