GovGistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert Hammond

1. "Hate us cuz they ain't us"

Pros

An AWESOME sales job, from the top...down this company has for it going on...
    NO COMPLAINTS

Cons

Nothing bad to say at all

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on
    You all rock

2. "Terrible Company - From Management to Culture"

I worked at GovGistics full-time

Pros

cant think of any that are worth writing.

Cons

terrible management, from owner to president to trainers. Dont care about employees. Worst culture I have seen anywhere. Boiler room atmosphere. Terrible CRM. Just not a good business. Waste of my time.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to run a business that makes employees want to come to work.

3. "Notice all the good reviews say the bad reviews are haters and lazy people? They only keep people they know. Very tribal"

I worked at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free ice cream and Red Bull. Good starting salary. Good product. Good commission structure. If you make it long enough to earn any.

Cons

That salary will be reduced to minimum wage when the fire you. You might get 2 decent checks if your lucky. You spend the first 2 weeks generating leads. Leads that your team leader gets to keep if they fire you.

Advice to Management

Stop being so tribalistic. I am one of those people with no skills in sales you fired. I'm now a senior account manager at a major Hedge fund.

"I have never worked for a more unethical company!"

I worked at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an outstanding product!

Cons

With such an outstanding product, you shouldn't have to be unethical to hit you numbers. The training manager boasted about selling Govgistics to a mouse trap company. He said they would never make their investment back. We were also invited to sit in on a sales call where he said the company was not a fit for Govgistics. We found that the company was a one man show. We also heard that the potential client had to leave the meeting shortly to go to his part time job, which he needed to make ends meet. The training manager put the phone on mute, made his swing of the baseball bat motion, and declared he was swinging for the fences. No moral compass. He also stated that he didn't care if you lied to get the meetings, just get the meetings.

Advice to Management

You've been sued once. Record and review your calls before you are sued again.

6. "Defense Analyst"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High commissions, PTO, Benefits, high salary. Great work environment if you have the ability and work ethic which is needed for this job. They take care of you if you are willing to take care of your self. This job is not for the 'run of the mill' salesmen. Not only do you need to have the skills to sell you also need to have the ability to understand different markets (aerospace/defense). The job can be extremely rewarding if you want it to be.

Cons

They do a poor job screening new hires. A lot of the people which they hire do not make it. Usually because they do not have the skill set/ work ethic/ frame of mind to do the task at hand.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of screening new hires. Overall I think the company has done a great job.

7. "Good place to work, but not for a long time"

Former Employee - Content Writer in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Content Writer in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Ice Cream, Free Red Bull, 15 min breaks at 10 and 3, laid-back, friendly people

Cons

Unless you are doing sales or programming, it will be hard to further your career here. I considered it more of a launching point, rather than something that was going to a 10 year thing.

8. "Bonus: To be or not to be"

Former Employee - Defense Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at GovGistics (More than a year)

Pros

They did increase bonus structure.

Cons

It was near impossible to reach the bonus back to back months

"A good place to work"

Current Employee - Defense Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Defense Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is great. Commission is even better. You have the ability to stay busy all day, If you are money motivated like me then the sky is the limit. You are selling a product that sells its self. The system generates revenue for the prospective client by driving revenue through all of the govt bid boards. It is not going to take you very long to start making commission. My first month there I made over 4k in commission. With the hourly you are getting paid that is some serious $$. Management is great they will be there to help in anyway they can, even if they have to close your first couple deals for you. If you do well you will get VIP where they buy you lunch every day and Einstein bagels for breakfast. This is a good job if you are good in b2b sales and know how to use a computer fairly well. If you are looking for a good home and want the opportunity to make 80,000-100,000 a year this is the place for you other people are doing it. I always look at the board in any sales job and see what other people are doing and I know there are people making 100 to 150k a year. You don't find opportunities like this often of you get hired make the most out of it.

Cons

Finding leads to call can be tedious, mostly all of these companies have heard of us before but just because person A didn't close it doesn't mean you cant.

Advice to Management

I would love to have a filter in market research to find companies who just got there first award ever with the dod. I think that would help with finding new leads to call.

"DON'T BELIEVE THE "HATERS""

Pros

After reviewing some of the reveiws here on GlassDoor, I wanted to set the record straight... This is a great company that rewards the employees that work hard and produce, which is the way it should be. If you were here less than a year and couldn't produce while some many others around you were doing so with ease, then you simply are not a salesman or a hard worker and therefore you will be writing a bad review about another company here shortly when you get washed out of whatever company you go work for next. They pay a great base pay + the most generous commission structure I have ever seen in sales of 75%-100% of what you sell. They also have great benefits and a VIP lounge where they will buy you lunch for the whole month if you produce. I honestly love it here and have never witnessed anything even close to what these reviews are saying about the company, management, or the owner. "Once a loser, always a loser"

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, and I have never witnessed any of the negative comments being said on this site...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work & don't listen to the "haters" aka "losers"

"Recent Client saw the Reviews and had questions. They are now a Client!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics (Less than a year)

Pros

I explained to the potential Client that the reviews are from upset past employees who did not fit or do well. They are mad that they see others do well and they must of Sucked. I explained that Every firm has this. I explained that If you are positive and understand what it takes to be a sales rep then come join us. The Web base solution of Govgistics sells its self. OMG- upgrades and new feature are on going. This company means business and wants energetic / good sales reps.
    Govgistics pays weekly upfront and ask that you cover that number in sales. EASY money if you are good and believe in yourself. Govgistics has a nice bonus plan, nice VIP room with free all day snacks, free lunch and nice couches and amenities. Al you need to do is sell and reach a goal that is very attainable. Did I mention ping pong tables and putting green.

Cons

I would like to have paid time off and or sick pay after 90 days. In return you still have to hit your monthly ales number.

Advice to Management

Keep Going, Never look back!
    How about a Sales Representive night or Weekend - Trip to Mexico for training and bonding.