- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- China - All Cities
- - Beijing
- - Beijing, China Area
- - Beijing, Beijing
- Taiwan - All Cities
- - T'ai-wan
- - Tainan, Taiwan Area
- - Hsinchu
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - Palo Alto, CA
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Seattle, WA
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Bristol, United Kingdom Area
- - Bristol, England
- - Norwich, United Kingdom Area
- - Briston, England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- - Cambridge, United Kingdom Area
- - Cambridge, England
- Norway - All Cities
- - Oslo
- - Oslo, Norway Area
- - Oslo
- South Korea - All Cities
- - Soul
- - Seoul, South Korea Area
- - Seoul
Found 60 of over 64 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Graphcore? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Graphcore employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 29, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Promising hardware - Nice customer collaborations - Great people
- some UK snobbery - salary sometimes does not match work achievement
- Former Employee★★★★★Dec 10, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Talented rank and file, nice people
People in VP and exec positions don’t have the necessary experience or talent, promotions depend on personal relationships, no desire to listen to customer feedback, no adherence to stated leadership values, lacking cross team collaborationContinue reading
Firstly, thank you for acknowledging that Graphcore is made up of many talented employees – we take great pride in having some of the best people in the business, and the friendly, collegiate work environment that they enjoy. We’re sorry that you felt less impressed with senior management. Our leadership team has a long track-record of building and growing successful technology companies and had put in place processes and programmes to ensure that Graphcore’s values inform the company’s everyday actions. In the midst of the pandemic, we initiated a comprehensive multi-month leadership development programme to elevate the skills of all leaders throughout the business and bring together members from teams across the business to develop shared strategies. Weekly manager catch-ups allow all employees to feed back on any challenges they may be having, or raise opportunities for development. We also run formal quarterly annual sessions for every employee where they can reflect not only on their own performance, but that of their managers.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jun 9, 2022 - Software DeveloperRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Superb, brilliantly talented rank and file.
Truly toxic at the highest level in a way I have never seen before( and I spent 5 yrs in Silicon Valley). Some people at the very highest level have positions based on personal relationships, not somptency and all that that leads to. some truly deranged people at VP level who have no idea or experience in what their work entails.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Mar 15, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good atmosphere, nice coworkers, nice benefits
the graphs could be a little betterContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 25, 2020 - AI Specialist in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I am part of a great team. The company makes great products. The company has great people to work with.
The hardware market is very competitive and so we have to respond quickly to win business.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Exciting company to be a part of. Great co-workers that are top of their field yet humble and conscientious.Mar 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great office location (Oslo, Bristol and Palo Alto); great benefits, snacks, trusted to not be micromanaged and proactive, receptive and approachable management, great people, unlimited time off and extremely respectful of holiday time and weekends, growing quickly...
Everything is great--could improve on some things that are results of quick growth. Need to improve communication and scalability of current processes for future, but are working on items as they come up.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jun 24, 2019 - IT Engineer in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A lot of care and consideration for each employee is evident. Graphcore seeks out top talent and is respectful of everyone's opinion. You can always be yourself - let your guard down and watch the creativity flow.
N/A I wish I had joined the team sooner.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 5, 2023 - ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Engineers enjoy the challenge and the nature of AI Everyone is fully committed to make this company successful Great benefits and competitive pay
Communication needs to improve but I’m seeing improvements being made Like other Tech companies, GC is struggling. Exec need to emphasis that 2023 is a year for growth and be more realistic with messagingContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 3, 2023 - People TeamRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great working culture Full flexibility around work/life balance Lots of committees and socials to take part in Talented, intelligent people to collaborate with Exciting new direction
Communication could improve in house and externally
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb 3, 2023 - Processor ArchitectRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great team, lots of interesting challenges to solve.
Restructure last year was painful
Graphcore Reviews FAQs
Graphcore has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 64 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Graphcore to a friend and 34% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -15% over the last 12 months.
65% of Graphcore employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Graphcore 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.