HCK2 Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

HCK2 Partners Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2019

Found 12 reviews

3.4
HCK2 Partners CEO Heather Capps (no image)
Heather Capps
  1. "So Many Good Things!"

I have been working at HCK2 Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

HCK2 has been one of my favorite places to work. The people are amazing, all team players, and I felt like part of the family on day one. There is a great culture, people really do work hard, but then we are rewarded with days off to go to the State Fair and a Rangers game together every year. I would definitely recommend HCK2 to anyone wanting to further their advertising career.

Cons

None that I can think of.

HCK2 Partners2018-09-14
  2. ""Every day is different""

Current Employee - Account Services Intern in Addison, TX

I have been working at HCK2 Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

So much opportunity to learn. I have been involved in many different accounts and types of projects. Media buying, Strategic social, research and planning, communicating directly with clients, are a few of the responsibilities I have.

Cons

Because HCK2 is a smaller agency, everyone is working on multiple accounts and being pulled in different directions daily.

Advice to Management

Create a more structured training process.

HCK2 Partners2019-08-02
  3. "Deceptive and misleading"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at HCK2 Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can bring well-behaved dogs to work. Somewhat fun work culture.

Cons

Benefits are misleading and not very competitive; pay is below market; little training provided; most agency clients are good friends of the CEO and have limited budgets; extremely high turnover

Advice to Management

Treat your non-friend employees better and make investments in tools they allow them to do their job better.

HCK2 Partners2019-02-15
  4. "SAE"

I worked at HCK2 Partners full-time

Pros

If you drink the Kool-Aid hard every day, you'll have a better chance at not being let go and maybe even a better chance at thriving.

Cons

High turnover. It's an agency so clients/work come and go, but leadership really will not hesitate to let people go about every 6 months. Don't get caught in the trap. Also, you never know when your client list will double or be cut in half. Leadership doesn't communicate work delegation to employees. They'll just add and remove you from accounts without consent.

HCK2 Partners2018-05-07

"High Turnover"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Addison, TX

I worked at HCK2 Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pretty office Company outings to places like the State Fair, Rangers Baseball game, etc.

Cons

Extremely high turnover - just take a look at the pictures of the company over the years or the fact that they are always hiring. This isn't due to growth, it's due to turnover. The leadership there is terrible and they treat employees like dirt.

Advice to Management

Train your employees, set them up for success and value their work. Consider the feedback you are receiving at every exit interview and make the necessary changes.

HCK2 Partners2017-11-20

"Had a fantastic experience here"

Former Employee - Interactive Developer in Addison, TX

I worked at HCK2 Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at hck2 for almost two years and during my time there I feel like I was given the opportunity to thrive and really hone my craft. The leadership is experienced and knows how to handle difficult projects well, and they also allow you the freedom to innovate and create quality work. The culture provides a strong work life balance and there are a lot of fun team building activities throughout the year (Rangers... games, State Fair, etc) as well as community service opportunities, both reflecting the heart of the agency. I would highly recommend this agency to anyone who cares about quality and being in a dedicated team environment.

Cons

Not really a con, but you do need to be proactive to do well here, so if you need to be micromanaged this probably isn't the agency for you. It is important to make sure you are asking your managers if you need more work or have questions.

HCK2 Partners2016-10-20

"Culture is King"

I have been working at HCK2 Partners full-time

Pros

The people & opportunities - Since starting with the agency, I have seen several deserving individuals receive promotions and recognition for their work. This agency is filled with amazing talent and wonderful teams.

Cons

This agency is located on the ground-floor of an apartment complex, which puts you at the mercy of landlords. There hasn't been any major incidents, just spontaneous and somewhat distracting renovations. With that being said, there are also many perks being located within the Vitruvian apartments, such as access to numerous facilities, including a free gym membership!

HCK2 Partners2016-05-04

"Good agency, Great culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at HCK2 Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

HCK2 really strives to make everyone feel like coming to work is more than just a job, but a place to see close friends and people willing to bend over backwards for you. After working at HCK2 for three years, I've seen the owner of the company do things for her employees I would never have expected from a "boss." She understands how important it is to ensure her employees are happy. The work is varied and... definitely a "you get what you put into it" type of place. Everyone was willing to help each other out and put in the time to ensure the clients received what they were promised. This is also a great place to grow as a professional - if you're willing to jump in and help, you will be able to take on almost any type of project within your team. Other pros - there's a bar downstairs for happy hours, a doggie day care across the street, a "fun room" for some ping pong play, friendly atmosphere, a stocked kitchen (unless they run out of Dr. P), a bunch of company events, great swag, and they have definitely improved their on-boarding process.

Cons

As with most all agencies, there are sometimes long hours involved - especially depending on which team you are on. Stress levels can be high, but this should somewhat resolve itself as they gain more employees. Generally, you are only exposed to the one team you are on (PR, Creative, Interactive) - this is great if you are only interested in one focus area, but if you are interested in learning about other areas,... you must really push to gain exposure.

Advice to Management

Improve integration throughout the agency and take time to learn from and debrief on previous work - we tend to get caught up on finishing the next task without taking time to reflect on pros/cons of completed work.

HCK2 Partners2016-05-02
  9. "99% Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at HCK2 Partners full-time

Pros

HCK2 has the best culture of any agency I've ever heard of or been with. Sports games, the State Fair, the infamous Holiday Party, happy hours, even just random Fridays when Heather (Owner) tells us to go home early because it's a pretty day. Aside from that, the work is varied and interesting (most of the time), my bosses are always willing to help with any problems I have, and my coworkers are more like friends... that I just happen to work with. Coworkers are also willing to help out with anything when their workload is low. The work/life balance is fantastic as well. I've never been expected to work late or on weekends, and never had an issue with taking PTO or needing to leave a little early for something.

Cons

Project management gets busy and it starts to feel like we're basically managing our own projects. We're constantly running out of Dr Pepper.

Advice to Management

Project management can be a bottleneck in the agency process. Ensure the PMs have the knowledge, bandwidth, and resources they need to carry out their job.

HCK2 Partners2016-04-27
  10. "Great Company and Great People!"

Former Intern - Creative

I worked at HCK2 Partners for less than a year

Pros

Hck2 had an awesome work environment! The company had many passionate and driven workers. I also found that they had a very wonderful and welcoming staff. I learned a lot while interning at HcK2 Partners and I would fully recommend working there if anyone is looking for a great internship/job opportunity, you won't be disappointed!

Cons

Just be willing to be a hard working employee.

Advice to Management

Great leadership - They are always willing to listen and give advice.

HCK2 Partners2016-02-12