KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Herc Rentals Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2021

Found 252 of over 255 reviews

3.6
Herc Rentals CEO    Larry Silber (no image)
Larry Silber
Pros
  • "I enjoyed getting to work at Herc, Good benefits, employee stock plan, and 401k match(in 11 reviews)

• "Great pay, great hours (sometimes makes it difficult for a work/life balance), and great benefits(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "More recognition for employees from upper management(in 11 reviews)

• "Low pay too much micro managing(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Herc Rentals and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Great Place to work

Dec 21, 2020 - District Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, above average vacation time, Pays well

Cons

i have none at this time

2. 5.0

Opportunity

Jul 22, 2021 - Manager in Bonita Springs, FL, Optional[FL]
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is opportunity to move up. Everyday is different, lots of good smart people here.

Cons

Some bad behavior is tolerated by weak managers.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee

Toxic culture and poor employee treatment in IT.

Jul 26, 2021 - Information Technology
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, flexible time off.

Cons

Toxic culture and poor employee treatment in IT. The problem is at the management level. Management is extremely aggressive and treats and talks to people like they are stupid and nothing they can say is good enough or they are wrong if they disagree with the Management . There are no asks there are only demands. This just trickles down to lower management. They always say their door is open but when you talk to them they get angry at you and say it must be a you problem. Everything is about C.Y.A. so you don't get in trouble or get fired. Management yells, degrades and threatens you then sets you up for failure every time with impossible goals. You fear for your job every single day. I would never recommend even my worst enemy to work in IT here.

Herc Rentals Response

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am very concerned about your assessment and would truly like to spend some confidential time with you trying to understand how I can help. I feel that our leadership team in IT is growing and that they are committed to building a great culture. I want to understand how you see that differently and how your views can help make an even better place to work. Please email me @ thomas.wirtz@hercrentals.com. This will be 100% confidential.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you like the movie Multiplicity

Jul 27, 2021 - Equipment Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced , great experience for a wide range of equipment, pretty cheap rentals, se habla español, free water, large locker room, indoor plumbing, great uniforms and service, nice pond to cool off in the back on hot summer days.

Cons

Workload at times can be overwhelming, being outside in the elements, constantly pulled in several directions at the same time, everyone wants to know when you have a minute can you..., bulky radio.

Herc Rentals Response

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this review... sometimes humor makes these posts that much better. If you feel like it, reach out to me and let me so I can thank you in person when I come to your branch. Thomas.wirtz@hercrentals.com or 239-451-9942. Thanks again!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing fast, constantly learning and improving

Jul 28, 2021 - Senior Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Herc Rentals is well positioned for growth, and investing a lot in the company, fleet and people. There is a lot of opportunity to have a positive impact.

Cons

At times we are slow to embrace more progressive ways of working but our leadership team is evolving.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Company

Jul 30, 2021 - An Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

IT adopting new technologies, great place for anyone who has fire in the belly

Cons

Nothing out of ordinary, same as in any leading company

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, fun atmosphere and everyone works towards the same goals. You feel like you are offering a valuable service to your customers.

Cons

The pay is lower then you will find in other industries. To many fees and services charges passed on to the customer.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome culture and great family

Jul 28, 2021 - Cyber Security
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing IT talent Great Pay Employees are treated fairly Amazing COVID response! Job Growth if you work hard Mentorship Opportunities Free Starbucks Coffee

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

9. 5.0

We are family at Herc

Mar 11, 2021 - Cyber Security Team Lead in Bonita Springs, FL, Optional[FL]
      Business Outlook

Pros

Herc is a company that works very hard to do right by its employees. Pay is honest, and there are opportunities to succeed if you work hard! I have worked for hip companies and more traditional but large corporate companies for nearly 30 years. This is the best place I have ever worked for, and I consider my co-worker's family. Herc also works hard to support our military and tries hard to get women in tech! If you are a female and you want to feel welcomed, empowered, and truly respected, then this is the place for you. EVERYONE is treated fairly, and it is part of our culture here at Herc.

Cons

Many people outside of South West Florida have never heard of Herc. Many people are reluctant to apply for a position at a company they barely know. I can assure you that if someone takes the time to know more about this amazing company, recruiting would not have to work so hard!

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Job Review

May 19, 2021 - Sales and Operations Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good, pay is decent but you need to fight for it, coworkers locally are awesome, training is there at your finger tips and you have to show initiative to grow.

Cons

Slow when it comes to pay raises and training material is either not completely relevant or non existent.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 252 Reviews