IAT Insurance Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
William Cunningham

"LOVE it here!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with IAT for a few years and my experience so far has been wonderful. I find my job here challenging, and dynamic and I have the pleasure to work with great people each day. Everyday is something new and the opportunities for me are endless. I came in at a time of peak change, which presented it's challenges for both long-time employees as well as new employees. I think things were handled well, but aggressively. This was not received well for many but for those that have stuck with the Company I believe they are the better for it.

I fully agree with the company's mission and beliefs and I believe IAT is a strong and growing company with great things to come. The upper management team and CEO are very down to earth and always want to keep employees in the loop and provide regular updates. They are always looking for new incentives and benefits for employees, which you don't find at many companies.

Work hard and you will be rewarded. What more could we ask for?

I look forward to the future with IAT and can't wait to see where we will go. I want to thank IAT for a great few years!

Cons

Systems lag and are archaic.

"Heading in the right direction"

Current Employee - Senior BI Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior BI Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 11 years. When the new leadership came on board a few years ago there were a lot of changes that did not suit everyone. These changes were long over due and were needed but took time and there were some growing pains (for some people). Now that these have taken hold and pay for performance is now in place the company is in great shape. Many opportunities for strong performers to advance and thrive in this company. Company has a strong focus on employee engagement.

Cons

The past leadership had not invested in operating systems and some are outdated. Working is being done to replace these, but this will take time.

"Honest Review"

Current Employee - Analyst in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked here for more than five years and have seen the changes implemented over the past two years. It's changed for the worse, not the better

Cons

Management is trying to make changes, but it's not working. Moral is bad. Change is being made simply for the sake of making changes. New management honestly doesn't know what they are doing, but get jobs because they are well connected. Employees can see through their motives; make changes and complete your objectives so you can meet your goals and collects the end of year bonus.

Advice to Management

It's not working. Stop micro-managing everyone. Be honest with your employees. Most new managers can 'manage up' well, but can't relate to their direct reports. It's not an awful company, but they're headed in that direction.

"Positive Environment! Great company to work for!"

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding company! Very caring of their employees! Company makes every effort to offer employees continuous training and career opportunities. Great profit sharing and benefits.

Cons

Offer other health insurance plans in addition to current ones.

Advice to Management

Continue offering training classes! Very beneficial to employee growth!

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IAT is a great place to work. The work environment is warm and friendly. Everyone is really nice which makes it easy to go to work everyday. Over the last couple of years a new executive team was hired. The executive team is really engaged with the employees. It is exciting to be a part of building the business of a company. Casual Fridays are a huge plus.

Cons

No real downsides to working at a growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"No opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have some of the best employees but the company does NOT hire from within. All new management has come from the outside. It's very depressing

Cons

Employees are afraid to make a mistake. Those that do mess up just a little are fired. The new leadership looks out only for themselves. Co-workers have either been let go or are looking for work someplace else. Leadership is totally out of touch with the employees who do the actual work.

Advice to Management

The CEO knows that people aren't happy. Wake up and get some managers who actually are about their employees. It's hard to be positive about work when your boss never makes an effort.

"Bad and getting worse"

Current Employee - Business Solutions Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is trying to get better, but it's happening too slowly and everyone isn't on board. Many good employees, but new management is making a mess of things.

Cons

It's hard to be optimistic when all signs point otherwise. The company finally had a good year but at huge cost. Employees are leaving, voluntarily and otherwise, at a frantic pace. Those left are overworked and underappreciated. Most new managers simply don't have good management skills. Business Intelligence isn't working.

Advice to Management

Work 'with' the existing employees, not 'against' them. Help them succeed instead of looking for reasons to fire and demote them. It's bad now, but the future looks even worse.

"Mean spirited and incompetent"

Current Employee - Accountant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Accountant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are trying, but it's just not working. Having a management team located in CT when the work is being done elsewhere just doesn't work

Cons

Aside from knowledge found in a basic business book, most of the new management is in way over their heads. They are the first group to take credit for new ideas when they work and pass the blame when things to wrong. And to employee who makes a simple mistake, watch out. People have been fired for less.

Advice to Management

Most leaders in Cheshire should be let go. They are minimally skilled in both management and technology that it's close to embarrassing.

"Quite a shock"

I have been working at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are still a profitable company, but who knows for how long. It's a job and pays the bills so there's that.

Cons

The best people keep leaving, voluntarily or otherwise. It seems that every week we learn that another talented one is gone, and the new management seems inept. Great leaders in most departments have been replaced by new leaders who truly do not know what they are doing. Almost everyone I know has their resume updated and is looking elsewhere. Very unhappy employees in all locations.

Advice to Management

Being "new" management doesn't mean you know what you're doing. Stop micromanaging and let people do their jobs without living in fear of retribution.

"New CIO is scary"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at IAT Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great colleagues, new senior staff is sharp and competent, except the new CIO. Send him back.

Cons

Nobody trusts the new CIO. He's brought in his chronies who know little about the business.

Advice to Management

Professionals are not babies that need to be constantly 'coached' and given 'expectations'. Learn how to motivate people instead of scaring them. The performance management process at IAT Insurance Group is over the top. It used to be worse with almost no process. New CHRO is very good.