Cover image for IPSEN

4.0
IPSEN CEO David Loew
David Loew

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Most people are great professionals(in 50 reviews)
  • "Some good benefits(in 31 reviews)
  • "The people and culture are great at Ipsen(in 21 reviews)
  • "Salary is good, but they feel that this gives them the right to treat people badly(in 16 reviews)
  • "Lots of great colleagues.(in 16 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

One of the best if not The Best Mid-sized Pharma Biotech: Boston, Paris, Oxford, Singapore, Etc

Sep 30, 2022 - Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's mid size allows for intrapreneurial initiatives and handling all aspects of drug development in an asset teams that work like empowered agile biotech companies. One can use all past experience and acquire new ones fast due to the wide range of therapies from neuro to onco, plus rare diseases. Truly multi-functional collaboration across many functions. Non toxic people usually very friendly and happy with great working sites all over the world (for example in Cambridge fantastic river front view of Boston skyline) and truly international feeling, with a distinctive French flavor despite the very American and international very experienced colleagues and leadership coming from major Pharma, with meetings in chateauforms throughout France etc. Truly global internal mobility to anywhere in the world if you deserve and produce for the company.

Cons

If you want to specialize too much and just be responsible for a narrow technical area that is possible in a larger company but not at Ipsen where you are expected to understand and communicate often with all other functions from early pharmaceutical development to sales. That can be a con for some but I believe is actually a pro.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A mostly privately held French biotech company

Dec 2, 2022 - Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

A mostly privately held French biotech company so unlikely to be bought out. Smaller company and get to know a lot of people Not so many layers in management Not really big pharma

Cons

Because its smaller it is hard sometimes to compete with the larger more established pharma companies

3. Join the IPSEN team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Patient and employee centric but can be disorganized and decentralized

Jul 27, 2022 - Director in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very patient focused. When they say they are they really mean it. You will work with very passionate and driven employees. Size - If you are looking for a well rounded, wide sweeping experience where you dip your toes into many different topics, projects or functions this is the place. You will be exposed to many sides of the business and learn a lot in a company this size. If you embrace it, it'll make you a more well rounded business partner for your next role. Good salary and benefits. Really make an effort to retain employees. Offices are really nice. WFH policy is flexible.

Cons

Decentralized model, global is often out of touch with sites and how they function. Lots of systems/processes are localized that should be globalized, makes it extremely hard to navigate basic things like getting a PO# cut. When they try to globalize a process, its very disorganized, connecting functions not considered, so the process becomes even more cumbersome for the end user. They need to simplify, connect cross functional processes together and get away from home grown IT systems. Hierarchical/ Top heavy - consistently has plagued Ipsen. Half the time its who you know and not your performance that gets you promoted or considered. Lots of directors, managers and not a lot of doers. Makes things move very slowly through the decision process and too many stakeholders to consult.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee

Run Don't Walk...Away

Nov 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty sure there are none

Cons

Watching us go through the "supposed" integration with a recently purchased company, it's clear that Paulson leaving didn't help. The US group is beholden to the global team and is ruled by fear. Decisions are rare and churn is eternal. Legacy Ipsen held in limbo for months, employees from Epizyme cut out of the mix. Oncology business unit is a mess - both commercial and medical. This isn't the Ipsen anyone who knows what the original Ipsen was, and it's a shame on so many levels.

2 people found this review helpful

IPSEN Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience – we take your feedback seriously. All employees deserve great leaders, and we expect our managers to inspire and support their teams. Your input helps us create a better workplace for our employees, and we will pass this information along to our team.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not impressed

Nov 7, 2022 - Sales Goofer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not sure I can find anything.

Cons

Friends hiring friends. No transparency. Mgmt stab you in the back. Bottom dropped out in 2021 when they tried Covid protocol. No support in other institutions and blame lack of support on first line employee.

2 people found this review helpful

IPSEN Response

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Welcoming and Informative

Aug 29, 2022 - Senior CML in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recently On Boarded to this company and have found the process to be well designed. Along with the Training, I was also scheduled to meet team members one on one during the onboarding process which gave a nice break to all the reading and trainings and allowed an opportunity to ask specific questions about the project assigned.

Cons

None encountered, at this point in time.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sep 26, 2022 - Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are the best I have seen.

Cons

Progression can take time to achieve.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sep 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing, pretty good work life balance, very diverse.

Cons

Could do better at training lower level employees.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sep 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people, products in important therapeutic areas, growing pipeline

Cons

Operational execution can be a challenge

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Solid place to work

Aug 16, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salaries are excellent and benefits are comparable

Cons

Seems like a lot of upper management turnover

Viewing 1 - 10 of 409 Reviews
</>Embed

IPSEN Reviews FAQs

IPSEN has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 761 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at IPSEN to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, IPSEN employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at IPSEN. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

83% of IPSEN employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IPSEN 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at IPSEN to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be workplace, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with IPSEN Job Seekers