IPSEN Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 263 reviews

3.7
IPSEN CEO David Meek
David Meek
Pros
  • "il a de bonnes conditions de travail avec un bel environnement(in 10 reviews)

• "Good people that care about employees(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Inexperienced Senior management despite the company’s long history(in 8 reviews)

• "Trop de travail avec des consultants, pas assez d'internalisation (manque d'agilit(in 8 reviews)

"Treats employees really well"

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Director in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really treats employees well. Great culture, good people to work with.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly and relatively new, so there is a lot of ambiguity and building as we go. (Not a negative for me, but it scares some away)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don’t lose the fringe benefits that actually do make a huge difference.

IPSEN2019-10-11

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently joined Ipsen and have been enjoying the experience. I have seen the patient focus in action, which was very important for me when making the decision to join. The company is building and growing to support business in NA, while remaining a nimble mid-size biopharma company. People are genuine and it is a pleasure to work with the committed teams at Ipsen.

Cons

We need experienced career-oriented people to build out our teams so that we can bring our medicines to appropriate patients.

Advice to Management

It's an exciting time to be at Ipsen. Continue the patient centricity and focus. I'm looking forward to seeing the growth to come over the coming years.

IPSEN2019-10-07

"Excellent culture"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great leadership team comprised of individuals who are willing to take chances on innovative ideas. Always looking outside the box, especially with their hires.

Cons

Growing pains getting adjusted to the new HUB, but that actually makes it fun to be part of the growth!

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum and continue investing in new assets!

IPSEN2019-10-01
  4. "Solid patient focused culture with committed employees"

Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Patient focus Ambition of management and company People development focus

Cons

Would like to see bigger pipeline

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum and continue to lead with ambition

IPSEN2019-10-04
  5. "Innovative and Rewarding Company to work for"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clearly articulated vision that is shared throughout the organization Ipsen really does have a people-first culture - I have never worked at a place that shows so much appreciation for employee work . Flexible work schedule as needed Generous compensation package

Cons

Cambridge just isn't easy to get to from anywhere, unless you live in Cambridge. Recent NA Headquarter move from NJ to Cambridge resulted in some large staffing gaps. While the team has worked overtime to fill the gaps, the "new" status of so many staff can make for a bumpy road ahead

Advice to Management

One Ipsen is working! More frequent NALT communication to the extended organization - critical during growing pains.

IPSEN2019-10-03
  6. "Fantastic on boarding !"

Current Employee - Neuroscience Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been thrilled with my entrance into the company. Very adult process and professional. Homestudy lays out the materials I need to know. So far so good! The leadership and the people here are great. I have been to home office and enjoy the feel of the space !

Cons

Non at the moment . Thank you

Advice to Management

None at the moment thank you

IPSEN2019-10-01
  7. "Great Culture and Leadership"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Field, NM

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I would not be here if not for senior leadership. Amazing group of leaders that places people first and allow us to get the job done.

Cons

In the past 5 years, I've noticed a shift beginning from the small biotech feel to more of a pharma feel, although decisions are made quickly and always people in mind.

Advice to Management

Keep the small biotech feeling.

8. "Home"

Current Employee - Account Specialist

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and latitude to run your business. Truly account based selling business model. Leadership very supportive and everyone is in it together.

Cons

High quotas and cost of our medicines

Advice to Management

Continue developing and investing in people. Stay small to maintain agile and number one in field. Avoid becoming big pharma.

IPSEN2019-10-02
  9. "How things get done matters"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exceptional growth. Laid back dress policies. Lots of nice people.

Cons

Terrible management who do not care one bit about the lack of resources, established processes, and amount of hours their people are working. Intense atmosphere. No expressed interest in developing standardized ways of doing things.

Advice to Management

People are working in ways that are completely outside the bounds of what I've seen in many years of experience within the broader Finance sector. Processes are highly fractured, personalized, even ad hoc. I don't suppose that would be a bad thing if there was a strong expressed interest in moving toward more normal ways of operating but I have seen none - and no solicitation to the many newcomers to leverage... their great experience. Things are so disjointed and there DEFINITELY is not One Ipsen. The move to Cambridge has only created an additional divide within the U.S. but there also is the divide with France. People are working INSANE hours but there doesn't seem to be any knowledge of that! If there is no knowledge, why would it possibly be worth it?! Trying to throw money at things like by buying pizzas or lunch for people or having cold brew coffee taps (in SOME locations, but not all...hmmm) doesn't make up for lack of investment of time and money in the resources people need to have productive, career-developing experiences with work-life balance.

IPSEN2019-10-13

"Toxic environment"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworker in my department. Team work environment

Cons

Inexperienced senior leadership driven the company to the wrong direction by being bias to certain people, no equal opportunity, unqualified peace hired

IPSEN2019-09-24