Image Microsystems Reviews | Glassdoor

Alex Abadi

1. "Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Relaxed management.

Cons

Not enough work. Low pay.

2. "Warehouse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are good with green environment and good managers. Lots of patience.

Cons

This company has not been stable and downsizing which why I am currently lay off. They are very good with green environment but the negative about this company is they kept switching employees. I kept seeing many new faces every year and old faces are back often. Lots of people there have criminal backgrounds and pays very low. Many different foreign language people there which causes miscommunication in company.

Advice to Management

My best advice is communication is a key to success! No fear of asking any question which leads to the best performance.

3. "Image"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people working there with lots of talent

Cons

Management dishonest, cannot be trusted!

5. "Account Manager (Sales)"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are the largest refurbisher in the US for HP inkjet printers! We carry a very good product and sell them for very reasonable prices. They also have won many awards for their contribution in recycling computers and printers so do not make it into our landfills. The one word that I feel would describe the attitude and concept of IMS is "Integrity" and THAT is difficult to find anymore! The owners as well as everyone that works here I find to be very nice and very supportive. Everyone tries to help while you are learning. I have been very impressed with the fact that this company employees so many people that are from the school for the deaf. We also employee many people from other countries. The experience thus far, I would venture to say that I honestly feel that I work for one of the best companies in the Austin area! And just one more note. Something else you don't find everyday in a large corporation like this is, the owners wife has a company that also operates out of this facility called "Divine Donations". They collect furniture, clothing, etc. and help many families in need. Again, very impressive! I have been here now for a little over 3 months and it has been a wonderful experience!

Cons

Only one, they have three refrigerators, 4 microwaves, 2 toaster ovens, and yet no coffee pot! But, if that is all I find as negative I will gladly stop at the 7-11 on my way in!

Advice to Management

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to be part of this wonderful company!

6. "Awesome Job"

Former Employee - Ebay Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Ebay Sales in Austin, TX

Pros

Management listens to concerns, hours, relaxed environment, interesting work, do well at your job and you will get noticed.

Cons

Organization, but that is improving

Advice to Management

Keep up with recent hires!

7. "Don't set yourself up to fail!"

Current Employee - Production Worker in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Austin, TX

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It all SOUNDS great. The only good is the bond everyone working for these people share while hoping the temp. service people call them for another job.

Cons

The owner and his wife make promises over and over and never commit to them. They lie to their employees as well as their customers. No room to really have a fair shot at working to your best ability because they are hoarders in the worst way. They keep everything and hardly sale anything because they are so greedy.

Advice to Management

They fired the only managers who knew what they were doing.

8. "Terrible Experience- Owner lies and male alot of promises that never come true"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are nice to work with- everyone works hard but gets nothing to show for it-

Cons

Owner makes alot of promises- but they never are followed up with- they will tell you what you want to hear for the minute- but things will change 2 seconds later. If you are related to the owners you have a job for life- if not- beware- Should have known something was up when over half the employees quit in 60 days or less of me working there- The people who work the hardest are the lowest paid employees- upper management doesn't do anything and get paid very well

Advice to Management

Tell the truth to your employees- Don't make promises you will not keep- Quit hiring 4-5 people to do a one person job- Quit hiring spreadsheet employees- technical advisers who know nothing about the business and let go the people who do know the business and can make you money

9. "You get what you Pay for"

Former Employee - Like A Boss in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Like A Boss in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning Sign Language to speak with the Deaf (TSD) local students, Learning E-Commerce and trade skills, Above all Computer knowledge that I did not know before employment

Cons

A serious lack in management of workflow, unsafe work environment, does not meet the qualifications of OSHA and ISO as announced. No regards for achievements or sales goals to each dept. No reviews or supervision on employees makes for employees laziness, and the ones who take on the responsibility for these missing positions do not get pay for them. No raises or compensation, if anything you will be deducted of pay. No regards for procedures or keeping up with the documentation. Replacement of missing employees (fired or quit) does not happen. If the team of employees who have been there more than 6 months were not managing the workflow, this company would crumble.

Advice to Management

You will get only what you give, Invest in internal evaluation and restore what was once good.

10. "Challenging"

Former Employee - Depot Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Depot Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company and your wear many hats

Cons

Small company, CEO never follows through on promises.

Advice to Management

Let your managers do their job

11. "A bad company to work for, but a good place to honing computer troubleshooting and repair skill"

Current Employee - ComputerRepair Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - ComputerRepair Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers, good place to work, relax environment

Cons

No benefit, no raise, no chance of advancement, bad management.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Invest in parts. Turn on your AC.