Image Microsystems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Hal Compton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome Place to work"

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time

Pros

i truly enjoy my job, it is both rewarding and challenging. The people that work here are genuine and kind. Work here is just that... work, but you get what you give to any job. This place has provided a supportive environment and has given me an education as well as additional skills to further my knowledge.

Cons

I am a positive person and like to find a solution through all obstacles, upper management here supports and thinks the same way. Always working to improve.

2. "New changes and different direction"

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time

Pros

People I have work with were very nice and learned a lot from them over the course of the days working here. Laid back for as long as you do your job. After the new Owner has taken over, they seem to be more "to themselves" and not much information gets out which is a good thing considering the past when gossip was be a cancer to this place. Much more business like...(also a con as well)
    They seem to give people with a challenging life a chance. New Owners are polite and seem to be pretty good at speaking with the employees (until the relocating speech). You will definitely gain experience needed for the future and would make a decent choice to work at till you find a better spot.

Cons

New owners...If you thought the previous one was too cheap, these guys are penny pinchers to the max. Made it to where PTO (now vacation) time was not possible to stack and roll over, use it or lose it system and you don't get much to begin with. Relocating the facility and most are staying behind because it is just too far (Losing most of their workers so they will be starting with very few experienced working at Image in Austin). They plan on getting even cheaper and last we heard, looking for techs for 11.50 an hour for Techs...nearly close to what the regular labor workers get and one thing that seems to be a constant regardless of ownership...don't ask for a raise. If you plan on working here, don't expect to make a good living and you will have to be here on demand. They say they got good plans but from the looks of it, it is not in your best interest at the very least. If you plan on working here, as a tech you will be treated fine. If you are on the line, good luck holding onto your emotions because it can get pretty wild over there.

Advice to Management

Don't think just adding on responsibility is a privilege, added responsibilities should also bring rewards (especially the ones that really care)...not more despair. This company has lost too many great workers over this in the past and for the new owners, that will happen if you don't invest in them. Also, be more upfront with them. Don't wait till it is too late to tell them unpleasant news. I hope in Dallas it becomes a success for everyone and I mean everyone.

3. "Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Relaxed management.

Cons

Not enough work. Low pay.

4. "Warehouse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are good with green environment and good managers. Lots of patience.

Cons

This company has not been stable and downsizing which why I am currently lay off. They are very good with green environment but the negative about this company is they kept switching employees. I kept seeing many new faces every year and old faces are back often. Lots of people there have criminal backgrounds and pays very low. Many different foreign language people there which causes miscommunication in company.

Advice to Management

My best advice is communication is a key to success! No fear of asking any question which leads to the best performance.

5. "Image"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people working there with lots of talent

Cons

Management dishonest, cannot be trusted!

6. "Account Manager (Sales)"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are the largest refurbisher in the US for HP inkjet printers! We carry a very good product and sell them for very reasonable prices. They also have won many awards for their contribution in recycling computers and printers so do not make it into our landfills. The one word that I feel would describe the attitude and concept of IMS is "Integrity" and THAT is difficult to find anymore! The owners as well as everyone that works here I find to be very nice and very supportive. Everyone tries to help while you are learning. I have been very impressed with the fact that this company employees so many people that are from the school for the deaf. We also employee many people from other countries. The experience thus far, I would venture to say that I honestly feel that I work for one of the best companies in the Austin area! And just one more note. Something else you don't find everyday in a large corporation like this is, the owners wife has a company that also operates out of this facility called "Divine Donations". They collect furniture, clothing, etc. and help many families in need. Again, very impressive! I have been here now for a little over 3 months and it has been a wonderful experience!

Cons

Only one, they have three refrigerators, 4 microwaves, 2 toaster ovens, and yet no coffee pot! But, if that is all I find as negative I will gladly stop at the 7-11 on my way in!

Advice to Management

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to be part of this wonderful company!

7. "Relaxed Work Environment"

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time

Pros

Image Microsystems was a very relaxing place to work. Great work schedule and got along with my co-workers.

Cons

Treated like prisoners in the warehouse

No cell phones allowed, only supervisors and managers were allowed to have their phones on them. They made it seem like your phone was a threat to the company which is really silly.

Was a temp for 7 months (E-commerce/eBay Sales) and no hire on offer.

Advice to Management

Apply rules that are only necessary. Work organization.

8. "Awesome Job"

Former Employee - Ebay Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Ebay Sales in Austin, TX

Pros

Management listens to concerns, hours, relaxed environment, interesting work, do well at your job and you will get noticed.

Cons

Organization, but that is improving

Advice to Management

Keep up with recent hires!

9. "Anonymous Co-worker of Image Microsystems"

Pros

Works with the disabled people (mainly deaf). Come to work when you feel like it which can also be a con but something has to positive about this place at least as you will see why soon. Good hard working co-workers and company gives people with background issues a chance.

Cons

Doesn't follow up on procedures and work instructions. Business changes way too fast and not for good reasons either. Due to slow and relaxed work environment workers become lazy, no mid-range managers to enforce rules and acted as a buffer between the workers and the higher management. Turnover ratio is just crazy! No reviews each year and no raises. They don't do write-ups and warnings, hang yourself type of business. People has abandon this company due to questionable future and opportunities. Horrible communication and I and acted as a buffer between the workers and the higher management. Turnover ratio is just crazy! No reviews each year and no raises. They don't do write-ups and warnings, hang yourself type of business. People has abandon this company due to questionable future and opportunities. Horrible communication and can't state that enough. You have to buy and bring in your own tools and software at times to do certain jobs that this company didn't provide but they made sure that once you brought in your own stuff that you couldn't bring it back out.

Advice to Management

This company had great potential. If this company had a long-term goal this company could of been a huge money maker a few years ago up to now but we settled with mediocrity. I don't know what else to say other than work on what was said in the Cons. I don't think this business is as horrible as it seems but it has a lot of issues that causing this company to crash into the ground.

10. "Don't set yourself up to fail!"

Current Employee - Production Worker in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Austin, TX

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It all SOUNDS great. The only good is the bond everyone working for these people share while hoping the temp. service people call them for another job.

Cons

The owner and his wife make promises over and over and never commit to them. They lie to their employees as well as their customers. No room to really have a fair shot at working to your best ability because they are hoarders in the worst way. They keep everything and hardly sale anything because they are so greedy.

Advice to Management

They fired the only managers who knew what they were doing.