IntelliShop Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

IntelliShop Owner and Chief Client Officer Ron Welty
Ron Welty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Secret Shopping personalized to you"

Current Employee - Secret Shopper in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Secret Shopper in Omaha, NE

I have been working at IntelliShop part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Intellishop for three years now and have not had any bad experiences. I have been paid for ALL shops performed except one, which was due to an error on my part. As long as you read the directions you will be paid. You have the choice to accept a shop or not. If you read the guidelines and do not like what you are asked to do, then simply deny the shop. Some months I do 5-6 shops, some months I do one. It is completely up to me.
    Anytime I have had an issue, I simply commented to the assigner on the shop and have always been replied to within 12-24 hours,

Cons

I do wish payout was a bit more timely, but I was informed at the very beginning that payment is once a month, on the 20th of the FOLLOWING month. So if you perform a shop on April 1st, you are not paid for it until May 20th.
    With multiple reviewers, I do sometimes get mixed messages on what the questionnaire asked. For one shop I will get a 10/10 score, then an 8/10 score when doing the same shop a month later. So even though I feel I answered the same questions with very similar answers, because I do not have the same reviewer, I am not scored the same.

"Horrible Lying Cheating Disrespectful company"

I have been working at IntelliShop part-time

Pros

There are NO pros. Not one!

Cons

I've only dealt with this company once and it was a bad experience, enough for me to know to never trust them again. About a year ago, I was assigned to a phone shop with ridiculously low pay. I needed money at the time and I thought that a phone shop shouldn't be so bad. I ended up being for over an hour on the phone, plus I had follow up emails and such with the organization I was "shopping" at. The assignment included telling that I had a child, it didn't matter if I really did. So when I was submitting my report to intellishop, I simply said that I don't have a child but of course I said that I did as was requested. it appears to me that intellishop worker didn't even finish reading the sentence because he added a comment to my report saying that I was supposed to say that I did have a child. I emailed him telling him that I did, read the sentence. He ignored my email. I emailed a few more times, all emails were ignored. He gave me a bad rating and they never paid me a dime! It's unacceptable, it just shows how they treat their shoppers and don't take them for human beings. Who wouldn't finish reading the very first sentence? it's unbelievable to me. I don't trust them at all. After just reading all other reviews and seeing how many people were treated in the same manner, I say it's time for a class action against this company.

Advice to Management

Wake up before you get sued. You can't treat your shoppers like that, you just can't! It's America for crying out loud!

Jun 21, 2018 – COO

We are sorry that your experience as a shopper did not work for you. As you know all shoppers are independent contractors and not employees. Our process is to post the CLIENT requirements for each... More

"Disappointing"

I worked at IntelliShop part-time

Pros

other than it was a job nothing

Cons

Managment is awful no employee appreciation or loyalty

Advice to Management

Employee appreciation

Mar 19, 2018 – CEO

Hello,

I am sorry you felt working at Intelli-shop was disappointing. We eliminated ALL of our part time jobs in June 2017 and I find it surpising that you are posting a review in February... More

"Incredible Company!!!"

I have been working at IntelliShop full-time

Pros

Intellishop has an incredible culture, great people that support and help each other. A true mindset to exceed the customers expectations!

Cons

It can be stressful! Lots of client deadlines!

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee's and customer's needs

"Love my Job and the People!"

I have been working at IntelliShop full-time

Pros

Great people, doing interesting work! Very relaxed workplace! Employees with a passion to help clients!

Cons

Dealing with tough deadlines at times!

"Highschool all over again"

I worked at IntelliShop full-time

Pros

Some of the employees are great to work with.

Cons

Management is awful. Owner is extremely delusional and doesn't appreciate hardworking employees. He appreciates employees that tell him what he wants to hear, instead of the truth. There is no room for growth. They will simply give you more responsibilities and not compensate you for it. Turnover is high! I lost count of the number of employees that quit during my time there.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees before the last few intelligent ones leave.

Nov 19, 2017 – CEO

I am shocked by this review! We have NOT had any employees leave October, 2017 and I think this is a bogus review. If you did work for Intellishop and feel this way its probably good you are no... More

"Part timers are not valued at this company."

I worked at IntelliShop part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, work from home, occasional opportunities for advancement

Cons

Very low pay, terrible communication, high management turnover. There is absolutely no appreciation for the proofers, even though without us, they could not run their business. We were not permitted to work over 28 hours per week because they did not want to offer benefits. It's very clear that the only employees who matter are the full timers who work at the office. All the remote workers are out of sight, out of mind.

Upper management thought it was a lovely idea to have one person manage at least 100 proofers who were all working from home. It was clear that she was in way over her head and constantly under a lot of stress. She did the best she could, but it was far too much to ask of one person. Ultimately, we were considered too difficult to manage, so we were all outsourced to another company who seems to be equally ill-equipped to manage us. IntelliShop thought this would be better than simply hiring additional managers for the proofing team. In the end, the lone manager quit abruptly when she apparently couldn't take it anymore.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing the proofers was a huge mistake. You should have hired additional managers instead. We did an important job for the company and should have been compensated better.

Nov 19, 2017 – CEO

Hello, I am sorry you felt this way when you worked at Intellishop. We have eliminated part time employees and now only hire full time employees, we too felt a disconnect from employees who worked... More

8. "Quality assurance"

I have been working at IntelliShop part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, fair pay, work at home

Cons

Some proofers don't do a very good job but are not adequately penalized.

"Beware"

I worked at IntelliShop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The industry is unique and fascinating - mystery shopping. It's a great way for companies to get an unbiased representation of the quality of their goods/services and use that as a tool for decision making.

Cons

The owner. Awful. He actually believes his employees cower to him because they are in awe of their "King". In reality, they avoid interacting with him because it becomes exhausting to constantly stroke his ego. He's an angry bully who likes to use his position to make himself feel like he's a rock star. Most every other employee there is awesome (with maybe the exception of one who is his mini me and loves the drama she can create by feeding into the owner's paranoia and ego). He's extremely disliked by most everyone, but is too delusional and narcissistic to realize it.

Advice to Management

Owner needs to step out of the equation and hire someone else to run the show.

Nov 20, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry you had a negative experience working for our company. The majority of our employees have been with our company for many years ,they love the people and the clients they work with.

"Untrustworthy- Set Up To Fail"

I worked at IntelliShop full-time

Pros

The people you work with are good people. Management has good ideas but they are not listened to by the owner.

Cons

During my time there, I was told the work/life balance was a huge focus. I was excited to start after being told the owner truly cares about his employees and offers flexible schedules so that you have time for your family.

However, when I started I was offered little to no training and bullied into working extra hours. My trainer appeared to be setting me up to fail as she had no time for me and when I would have questions she would pawn me off to someone else. Instead of supporting my training, a month in I was grilled by the owner and my trainer about why I wasn't up to speed. My trainer stopped helping me and left me out to dry as it was clear she thought me getting up to speed was a threat to her.

Not only do they set you up to fail, the owner plays favorites despite the employee's skill set. If you know how to stroke an ego, you will receive your bonus.
    The owner also is of the mindset that low pay equates to high quality workers. The team always seemed like they were holding their breath for the next crisis and trying to avoid any verbal abuse from the owner. Many employees seemed to start their careers there and accept the low pay, extra hours, and fear mongering by the owner as they did not know any better.

There's a lot of potential for growth if the owner would step out of the way and let management run the business.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and treat them as human beings. Using fear to motivate and bait and switching does not build a successful team.

Nov 20, 2017 – CEO

Intellishop is a family friendly company. Employees are able to attend school functions, medical appointments, personal appointments, etc without taking vacation or sick time. All of our employees... More