Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Arthur E. (Bud) Morrissette, IV
  1. "Love love love"

Current Employee - Senior Long Distance Planner in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty amazing here. I came late last year after my company closed there doors and i was nervous to start over. The managenent made the transition so easy. The possibilities for growth are endless and the way they treat the staff with recognition is like no place ive ever been. It feels so good to be part of a team that all have the same goals in mind. Im so lucky i found this company.

Cons

None. At. All. Ready to make this my forever home.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing. You are changing the model of the industry and im so lucky to be part of it.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Excellent opportunity to learn and grow. The company values innovation and ideas that accelerate their growth. The company is midsize which allows you to gain knowledge by working in various roles plus you have the benefit of wearing different hats without being in a start up company

Cons

Peak season is a big deal. Allowing greater flexibility with work hours and locations would make it easier to handle the large workload.

Advice to Management

They have done a good job bringing in talent from other industry leaders to help the company grow.

3. "Decent pay bad work environment"

I worked at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics full-time

Pros

decent pay and plenty of hours

Cons

employers don't care much for workers provides little support for difficult jobs

"Misleading"

I worked at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics full-time

Pros

It’s great that they offer a 401(k) and insurance benefits in this day and age. Everyone that works there is SEEMINGLY friendly and the company has a lot of employee events.

Cons

The office politics at this company is HORRENDOUS! They will pretend that they like you and you’re doing great, everyone talks bad about everyone else the minute they turn around. In the end it will not matter whether you’re doing a great job or not, if there is somebody in a position higher than yours that doesn’t like you , they will be looking for reason to get rid of you quickly.

Advice to Management

Stop making excuses for the bad management at this company. At least 50% of the supervisors at this company need to be replaced. When you have a loyal employee that plans on making a career at your company, hold onto them. Office politics plays too much of a role in who stays and who doesn’t. Peoples work ethic should really dictate whether they stay or not.

5. "Driver"

Former Employee - Driver in Springfield, VA

I worked at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Hard work was a pro

Cons

Long hours were a con

• "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I have worked for the company for 10+ years. Its a highly disciplined, hard working, organized firm. They place high expectations on the staff... constantly challenging you to do and be your best. For those that can cut it, it provides a great opportunity for advancement. I have been promoted 4x during my tenure and I am very appreciative of the opportunities they have afforded me.

Cons

If you are looking to be a slacker and just do your time... this isn't the place for you. Everyone is expected to be a contributor and fulfill their responsibilities... not have someone do it for you.

Advice to Management

Over the last 3 years there has been more attention given to staff development, teamwork and organizational transparency which has been good... keep it up.

• "Summer job mover"

Former Employee - Summer Mover in Springfield, VA

I worked at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I got lots of hours and made the money I needed. Good group of coworkers who were other college students.

Cons

The work is physical not easy like punching a cash register. Good if you are in shape. Some people didn't want to work and you have to make up for them.

Advice to Management

Assign summer movers to a driver to keep a team together.

• "Good experience, tough job"

I worked at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics full-time

Pros

Positive and hard working team environment

Cons

A lot of dealing with angry customers and unexpected issues

"Do not work here"

I worked at Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics for more than a year

Pros

Location is not too bad.

Cons

Where to begin with this company. I worked part-time for this company for 6 months before I had to quit. From top to bottom they are an extremely awful company to work for. The pay was terrible, the management disorganized and rude, and the overall work environment was awful. I arrived 7 minutes late due to an accident on the Parkway and was docked 25% of my hourly pay. They were constantly re-arranging my hours with...

Advice to Management

Be nicer to your employees. Listen to others ideas and don't immediately shut them down.

"good for the money bad for the life"

Former Employee - Mover in Springfield, VA

Pros

great money for a summer job made almost 4,000 in a month and a half

Cons

Horrible management you will end up having no life outside the company which is how they like it

Advice to Management

Learn to schedule for the amount of workers that you have

Found 20 reviews