Keolis Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Keolis Directeur Exécutif Groupe Frédéric Baverez
Frédéric Baverez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "s bonne ambiance de travail, bonne coop" (in 13 reviews)

• "Bonne ambiance, locaux en plein Paris tr" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "personnel en filiale un peu isol" (in 5 reviews)

• "Keolis' upper management treats line employees like second-class citizens, rarely deigning to speak to them, much less seek out opinions" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Ht"

Pros

He has railroad retirement which is good

Cons

Drama so much drama all the time

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Keolis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, growth, benefits, people. You can grow without a college degree. Experience is taken seriously and they promote within.

Cons

Clicky, Neptism, poor management, too many changes to keep up with, very number/data focused with little focus or attention to employees who can provide good information on how to overcome challenges.

Advice to Management

Too much to explain

3. "Great Company, good support system"

Current Employee - Assistant Chief Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Chief Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Keolis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay and treatment employees have a say in the direction we are headed. Hard working and dependable people. Good lifestyle.

Cons

I’ve had none so far and I hope we can keep it like that. Great upper management that gives support to the Team

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Feels like the amateur hour"

I worked at Keolis full-time

Pros

Great people, great mission. To this day I consider the people I worked with on the railroad to be family. I am proud of what I accomplished during my years there. I was sorry to leave.

Cons

First the French Revolution and now the British Invasion. The foreign owners don't seem to think Americans can do anything. There's no upward mobility unless you used to work for the current Gm in England. Its demoralizing everyone.

Advice to Management

Quit treating your American team like dirt.

5. "Pros and Cons"

I have been working at Keolis full-time

Pros

Good pay if you can get the right job, and decent benefits.

Cons

No workers comp, but that is all railroad workers. Schedules for new people are not ideal.

"Never work here"

Former Employee - Fixed Route Driver in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Fixed Route Driver in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Keolis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros.

Cons

Pay is awful. Management is even worse. No one knows anything about anything.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, perhaps it will stop being a revolving door.

7. "Asistant signalman"

I worked at Keolis full-time

Pros

Great pay, mandatory 40 hours a week, lots of overtime, great benefits, awesome retirement pension and 401 K

Cons

Of your a newbie do NOT let people get under your skin

"Good job bad management"

Current Employee - Locomotive Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Locomotive Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Keolis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good job good pay good benefits good train crews good job security culture like environment job like no other

Cons

Long hours you're pretty much married to the railroad Upper management with large egos will run the company into the ground company cares more about saving money than fixing the equipment or getting the job done foreign company thought they could come to Boston and do a better job than mid-level managers who have been doing it for decades totally clueless

Advice to Management

Lose the ego and learn from the people who know the system fix the equipment

"Retired Locomotive Engineer, 30+year union official (still in daily contact with current employees)"

Former Employee - Locomotive Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Locomotive Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Keolis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Like any large railroad, good pay and benefits, good pension through RailroadRetirement, a federally administered retirement system. Union shop. Some limited opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Railroad jobs in general are dangerous and involve a great deal of time away from home (often 14 hrs/day). But this company and their zeal to save money, or perhaps stop the hemorrhaging of funds due to mismanagement, creates a workplace laced with incompetence. Keolis' upper management treats line employees like second-class citizens, rarely deigning to speak to them, much less seek out opinions. This was demonstrated clearly in their first disastrous winter when a record number of trains had to be cancelled. The French-based company had no experience dealing with New England winters, and while snowfall that year was well above average, they failed to ask long time and well experienced commuter rail middle managers for their opinions on dealing with the problem. They simply failed to plow the tracks, opting to save money instead. When the snow got so deep that trains were plowing it into the track switches, the system came to a standstill. Had they but asked the people who had dealt with winter in New England for decades, the system failure could have been largely avoided. Unfortunately Keolis' arrogance continues to this day, their third year in Boston, and they have yet to learn to reach out to the people who know the system best. Trains continue to have mechanical failures and Keolis policies have alienated the workers who repair the rolling stock, and have disincentivized the very people who could best help them out. Furthermore, Keolis has unilaterally failed to followed established precedent in terms of labor agreements, basically abrogating long standing past practices and policies, creating an atmosphere of distrust in the labor-management arena.

Advice to Management

Keolis needs to learn to respect the rank-and-file employees, be willing to accept advice from experienced mid level management, stop their raid on the collective bargaining agreements, and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

10. "Not bad"

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Boston, MA

I have been working at Keolis (Less than a year)

Pros

great atmosphere. No overtime working.

Cons

Not energetic. Good place for retirement