LRW Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 159 reviews

3.9
LRW CEO Dave Sackman
Dave Sackman
Pros
  • "You learn skills you can bring to other jobs, work with smart people, never boring, have a decent mix of working as a team as well as having autonomy(in 18 reviews)

• "Great People ( A lot of cool, intelligent people here)(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, demanding, administrative tasks take more than actual research tasks(in 44 reviews)

• "Terrible work life balance (it doesn't matter how diligent you are)(in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Smart People That Do Great Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time

Pros

Fun culture, top tier clients, interesting projects, smart people, great teams, unlimited opportunity. If you are willing to work hard the sky is the limit. You can move up quickly, work on amazing brands and grow your career.

Cons

Demanding clients (some of the biggest brands around) but that is also part of what makes this a great place to work. You work on big brands and projects.

LRW2019-07-26

"THE place for growth in MR!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Assistant General Manager in Century City, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you are naturally curious and looking to grow, this is the place to be. I have been here almost 15 years and we have been growing like wildfire the entire time.

Cons

It’s a challenging place, no doubt. But don’t you like a challenge?

LRW2019-08-29
  3. "Great first job"

Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunities and growth potential. Interesting clients and building a strong knowledge base of research and complex methodologies.

Cons

Grind it out culture. Not a lot of investment in employees which results in high turnover.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees to show them you value the hours they put in. It is a revolving door at this company and there really hasn't been any action taken to stop that.

LRW2019-09-17

"Innovative company that gives you opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than a year

Pros

My team is collaborative, social, super smart, and impact full. We enjoy the work we do, challenge ourselves and each other to product top quality work for our clients, and celebrate each others achievements. I feel supported by middle and senior management, and definitely have a voice within the BU and across the wider company. Training and transparency around career progression is second to none, and I feel very... grateful to have come across a company with such a fantastic culture.

Cons

The business units all operate slightly differently, which may explain some of the variation in these reviews. But if you find a team you work well with, work is a pleasure!

Advice to Management

Re: the compensation - the starting salaries are low. My advice would be to consider how this looks to the top candidates you are looking to recruit, and make sure you are competitive. Working here really is worth the compromise on salary, but there should be more flexibility and employees should be encouraged to ask for more if they feel they deserve it. It puts off top quality candidates when they are told that... salaries are non-negotiable even though they're not.

LRW2019-08-23

"Great Culture and Great People. Fast-Paced Environment that Encourages Growth."

Current Employee - Research Manager

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is clear that senior leaders really care about the employees and want to make the work experience as positive as possible. We work on teams which helps maintain a small-family feel with the benefits of working for a larger company. Managers are very interested in growing their direct reports and spend lots of time helping you to learn and get promoted. Also, we are constantly working on new projects so things... don't get boring. We work with market leaders in every industry - my team alone has projects with companies in food, fashion, finance, pharmaceuticals, transportation, beauty, tech, social media, plus others. It is fun to get exposure to so many areas and to see your work implemented in the real world.

Cons

Given that we are in client-services, daily workload can be heavy depending on client needs. This is normal though for the industry though and team leadership works to distribute work across employees. Team members are also very generous in helping out when someone has a lot on on their plate.

LRW2019-08-23

"Great People, Great Projects, Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Chief Research Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ability to grow fast and gain deep expertise in an engaging field while working with smart people and interesting clients on challenging business problems.

Cons

It is easy to over-work yourself if you are a driven over-achiever

LRW2019-08-08
  7. "Great Starting Point"

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than a year

Pros

LRW is acquiring companies like crazy so it's going to keep growing. Great company culture. You're surrounded by really smart people that are super nice and friendly. Lots of opportunity to grow IF you ask for it. Most of the employees are young where a majority of RA's come right out of college. Great way to start your market research career.

Cons

Long work hours. Tasks can be monotonous and boring in the beginning. Work doesn't get really interesting until you're SRM+ level.

Advice to Management

Manage client timelines better and allocate resources effectively. This will reduce the overtime that people work.

LRW2019-08-08
  8. "Great place to challenge yourself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at LRW for under a year and it has been a great experience. It's a challenging, dynamic environment. You're encouraged to take initiative and think outside the box. Upper management is supportive and receptive to new ideas. LRW makes an effort to make all voices heard, which is a cultural value that I've never experienced anywhere else.

Cons

I wish we didn't operate on PC

LRW2019-07-16
  9. "Suffering Growing Pains, but Working Through It"

Current Employee - Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work here are amazingly smart, kind, and helpful! The work is interesting and I learn something new every day.

Cons

Support from senior staff is consistent, but lacking thoroughness as they themselves are often overworked by the sheer amount of tasks required to make a project run smoothly. However, the company has been making large scale efforts to address these issues as the number of clients and employees grows.

LRW2019-07-14
  10. "Great company and people!"

Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Big aspirations. High quality people. High quality work.

Cons

People work hard, especially surprising to people coming out of school for a first job.

LRW2019-06-13