Lanmark Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lanmark Technology"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer/Systems Integrator in Mount Airy, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer/Systems Integrator in Mount Airy, MD

I have been working at Lanmark Technology (More than a year)

Pros

Customer focused, Dedicated to Security

Cons

No growth strategy apparent, not focused on current staff

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Crystal City, VA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Crystal City, VA

I worked at Lanmark Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great camaraderie among LMT staff at client site. Coworkers willing to go extra mile to assist, and ensure technical projects were completed within deadlines and met client expectations.

Cons

LMT is cheap to its employees. Pay raises are rare [1% raise given in 5 years], and the benefits package is skimpy. Employees at the client site in Crystal City had to pay for parking. Staff reduction meant that the employees with higher salaries [PhDs or technical SMEs] were let go to minimize company overhead, and remaining employees were expected to cover the increased heavy workload.

Advice to Management

Put efforts towards expanding the client base in Washington DC metro area to improve employee opportunities, and provide annual raises and/ or bonuses.

"Only Accept Employment As A Stepping Stone To Another Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at Lanmark Technology (More than 3 years)

Pros

It does provide a paycheck.

Cons

Low pay. Inexperienced management. High turnover in HR department. No long term career prospects. Company is so small that there is no real chance to stay with the company in other positions after the company loses contracts.

"Simply Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Lanmark Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some very dedicated employees working very hard to support the customers, and some of the contracts directly support the warfighters. Otherwise, that's about it for Pros.

Cons

Horrible leadership without any evidence of strategic vision or daily consistency. A very negative atmosphere in the office. It is definitely a blame the messenger type of working environment. Save yourself the aggravation and pursue your career with another company. There certainly are worse companies out there, but this one is at the bottom of the pile.

Advice to Management

I absolutely concur with another reviewer who said “Close this company--you are not doing any good for your clients, the few you have left, and you are a horrible employer.”

"It was good to support JIEDDO and the WarFighter while working for LanMark."

Former Employee - ORSA in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - ORSA in Washington, DC

Pros

Excellent JIEDDO Leadership and support while deployed for contract LMT employees.

Cons

The benefits are poor versus other Companies of similar size in terms of cost. I was not impressed by HR whatsoever. Make sure you get everything in writing on your compensation.

"LMT Senior Management and it's CEO/President have no regard for it's Customers or Employees."

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Crystal City, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Crystal City, VA

I worked at Lanmark Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They fill positions with unqualified warm bodies, becoming a star is a matter of coming to work. There is no managerial oversight due to constant turnover, your GPOC is your only concern.

Cons

Everything else!!! No management, no room for promotion, terrible benefits, low stateside base salaries, and no bench for loss of contract. Not one HR representative has lasted more than year. The CEO praises her own efforts and corporate spending on Hollywood fundraisers and Movies at the Annual State of the Company Address rather than the people who form the foundation of her company. LMT is not a mathematic optimization company, which does not allow business and government to transform otherwise ambiguous data into clear and actionable insight. Not one employee has a true understanding of, education in, or experience in the field of Operational Research ... especially the Trainers, on-site PM, and OCONUS PM. Few, if any, Analysts have the pedigree to fulfill contractual requirements.

Advice to Management

Quit while you are ahead and abandon ship. When your two Prime Task Orders are shred to nothing by OUSD (AT&L), this company will have no leg to stand on. Lani is not fit to be the CEO/President nor does she have the military experience education, business savoy, and selflessness required to truly serve her customers.

"Poor Leadership; CEO is Power-Hungry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at Lanmark Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really aren't any positives. If the CEO likes you, you'll get compensated well and get showered with gifts.

Cons

The CEO was too concerned about her own image and created a culture of fear. I'm sure there are other comparable CEOs but she was exceptionally disrespectful, inappropriate, and spiteful. She did not treat her employees well and does not know how to lead, which is evident through the high turnover rate, including numerous COOs that have come and gone like a bad habit.

It's one thing to have high expectations and push your employees to strive for their best it's another to treat them poorly and never have a consistent standard to uphold. Too often decision-making was based on her mood of the day.

Advice to Management

As a previous comment said, what does it matter? The CEO wouldn't listen anyway.

8. "Great career move for me. This company has a bright future."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Lanmark Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LMT gives its employees all of the resources that they need to do their jobs, and then some. Meeting the high expectations set by LMT's leadership is rewarded well, and is a great motivating factor in advancing your career here. 2014 is an exciting time for LMT, with a lot of new opportunities on the horizon. This is a company where everyone is accountable for their investments into the company. In this time of growth, every business unit must work hard together to maximize LMT's potential, and is not a place to "fly under the radar." The corporate team really bonds over working hard to meet the high expectations set by our CEO, and the bar that she sets is no less ambitious or attainable than any other growing contracting firm. There are things that have to be done to ensure our continued success, and sometimes there can be some "growing pains" or long hours here and there, but our efforts are rewarded in a variety of ways. This company is going places, and it was a great career move for me coming from a larger contractor in the same federal space. LMT runs lean and fast, which allows us to maneuver into spaces in the market that larger contractors may have trouble reaching with the same urgency, and that is what gives us our edge.

Cons

Would like more flexible telework accommodations. Corporate communication sometimes lacks clarity, but is getting better.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed and excited about the important growth opportunities for the company that are imminent.

9. "Exciting direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Lanmark Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You make an impact at work in many different ways.

Cons

Would prefer more flexible work options such as a 4-10 or 9-80 work week.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management: Don't forget to let all staff know of the good things that are happening.

My Review:
    I love my job. I’ve been there 2+ years and the current direction of the company is pretty exciting. Is the CEO demanding and does she hold everyone accountable? Absolutely! However, she is no more demanding on me than I am on myself. I would not want a CEO that does not have high expectations from her staff. I go to work to make a difference and that is what I feel like I do at LMT.

Every company has something unique about their culture and not every company is right for every person.
    If you want a job where your work is status quo, LMT is not for you.
    If you want a job where you do not have to wear multiple hats (the “do what it takes mentality”), then LMT is not for you.

If you want a job where you are content being an individual contributor without a thought for what is right for the team, then LMT is not for you.

HOWEVER, LMT is right for you if you have a desire to make a difference with what you do at work (and with the world in terms of our work with National Security). The most exciting opportunities in your career are those that give you the ability to have a very direct impact on the strategy and future of the organization. This is what you get at LMT.

Team-driven and results-driven. It is a great foundation that has been established as this company continues to grow. Exciting things are happening at LMT.

"More Turnover than a McDonald's"

Current Employee - Finance in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Finance in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Lanmark Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can find.

Cons

This company has the highest turnover rate than I've ever seen. There is an obvious lack of leadership and direction. I agree with the majority of previous reviews that this is a nightmare of a work environment.
    The CEO, Lani Hay, was in a pretty telling article in Elle magazine. I suggest Googling it as it should tell you all you need to know. HR has said that the benefits are not aggressive and fall short in a comparative analysis with others in the government contracting arena.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter, she wouldn't listen anyway