KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

LexBlog Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2020

Found 13 of over 13 reviews

3.9
LexBlog Founder/CEO Kevin O'Keefe (no image)
Kevin O'Keefe

248 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company to work for if you're interested in career growth

May 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

LexBlog encourages a self-starter approach to career/personal growth which is fantastic if you're looking to get outside of the normal office tedium. The clients are challenging but fascinating, and the legal industry is just starting to catch on to this "technology" thing, so there's still plenty of room for growth.

Cons

LexBlog is still a small company, so be prepared to wear a lot of hats! Probably not a "con" if you're into that though :)

2. 4.0
    Former Intern

It was a great experience

Oct 16, 2020 - Projects Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company Easy access to CEO

Cons

Small company Lack of company structure

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great if you are good at working on your own

Nov 7, 2019 - Projects Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, free food and drinks, lots of free time

Cons

Lack of guidance, confusing hierarchy

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great team to work with - small but mighty company.

Oct 13, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite part about working at LexBlog is the people. We work together to learn, share solved problems, and help commit to our mission. Also, we're committed to health and having a life! Unless you choose, you don't have to live at work. You can work a full (8-hour) day, and leave without feeling pressured to stay and work longer. At some previous companies I've worked for, over-working was a point of pride - as a result, I burned out. I have yet to burn out here! And, if you like dogs (especially 70 pounds + dogs), you will be happy here! There is usually one dog (occasionally two) here.

Cons

LexBlog is no longer a startup, but we still have some startup baggage that can be stressful if you're not ready to be flexible. Specifically, we are a small company - so you wear many hats in every role. And, once every 6 to 15 months, there is a larger change organizationally, resulting in shifting duties. Two other (possible) cons about the office depending on you: 1 - If you have an actual fear of dogs this is not the office for you. 2 - Most workspaces are in our open layout so it is sometimes loud. If you need a consistently quiet, private workspace, you will need to work in an upper position (part of the executive/leadership team). Otherwise, a pair of noise-cancel headphones is a worthwhile investment!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to grow and maintain a good work/life balance!

Jun 6, 2017 - Designer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

LexBlog is a small team, which I felt was a good thing because it allows you to wear many hats and grow professionally. Leadership is good at hiring people with similar personalities so your coworkers will feel like your siblings in no time. Work/life balance is great! You will work 8-9 hour days and it will not require you to even think about work during the weekends. Paid-Time-Off is unlimited. Having family out of state, I took my fair share of days off and my supervisors never gave me a hard time. The office is a relaxed setting as long as you get your work done. At your 6 month mark you get a toy helicopter, and yes you can play with it between clients!

Cons

The company's main clientele are lawyers which can be a bit tough at times. They are demanding and can be impolite. Patience is required. Thankfully management is aware and understands, they will always have your back. Most of your training is done through documents and not one-on-one so be prepared to do lots of reading.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

A great place to work

Apr 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

LexBlog is a great place to work. I can best describe it as a mix of a SAAS, blogging, legal publishing, and web design company all-in-one, so I felt like I got to experience a lot of different industries while there. The job itself was not stressful and usually an hour or so of your day can be dedicated to your own special projects, document writing, and learning. Pro-List 1. Unlimited PTO, relaxed atmosphere 2. Insurance is fully covered 3. Small but dedicated team of great people that care about the product and the customers. 4. Little to no call volume. 5. Company is doing very well and continues to become efficient with internal processes. Their software/services continue to improve and they actually take feedback very well. 6. No bureaucracy, red tape, or office politics.

Cons

If you don't have either coding(html, CSS, java), web design, or blogging experience, you may find the learning curve to be rough, There's really no training outside of your own reading and trial-and-error. This may change though as the company shapes itself to the needs of its employees and customers.

7. 5.0
    Former Contractor

Amazing Culture, Bosses Who Care

Feb 8, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Culture: LexBlog's culture is like none other I've experienced. Everyone genuinely likes each other, and it's not uncommon for employees to spontaneously start talking about how much they're happy with LexBlog's culture. I experienced zero pettiness and drama that I've seen slow down results and wear on enthusiasm at other companies. -Great managers: Everyone in a management position deserves to be there. These are people who've worked hard to get where they are, and know their subject area as well as how to delegate, manage and mentor. Work/life balance: Actually exists here! Opportunities for growth: LexBlog is small enough that there's great opportunity to make an impact--whether it's with something in your job description or not.

Cons

Very few. LexBlog is significantly more stable and established than most tech startups, but if you can't stand shifting priorities or don't want your role to evolve it might not be the best fit.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great learning environment on the cutting edge of social

Oct 9, 2014 - Marketing Intern in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that truly wears its beliefs on it's sleeve. From the executives to the account managers, everyone is constantly working to provide the best service and expertise for their clients. There is plenty of opportunity to learn from every level and gain a better understanding of everyone's roles within the company. This has been an enlightening experience for me and I feel involved in several different aspects of this team.

Cons

Right now there is a lot of transition happening and trying to keep everyone on the same page could be difficult. That being said the "open and frank" communication goes a long way.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A great brand name in the industry, but going through some considerable shifts as a company

Apr 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has been around for quite a long time for a small software company, which is a rarity nowadays. Has a strong brand name in the legal industry.

Cons

In my opinion they've been going through so much upheaval in the last 2 years that if you are looking for a stable working environment, I would advise you to keep an open mind that the dynamics of this company may shift rapidly.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

In the red

Dec 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's potential value if you care to learn all about blogging & SoMe - albeit you'll need to self-teach. We also had excellent benefits the years I was there. It's a great job for anyone just graduating.

Cons

Patriarchal leadership & obvious male favoritism; lack of guidance; company is bleeding money yet chose to move to Dexter Horton - things like this show irresponsible choices being made. How long can their blog concept & platform last? It seems to be at the end of its lifeline, hanging on to big $$ firms. Most of the staff was laid off or have moved on to bigger & better things.

3 people found this review helpful