Cover image for LightStream

68% Recommend to a Friend
62% Approve of CEO

Found 25 of over 25 reviews

3.6
LightStream Partner Heather Gibbs (no image)
Heather Gibbs

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I enjoyed working with passionate, creative people that were more like family than coworkers.(in 3 reviews)
  • "A few team members were fun to work with(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Company - Hard Work Pays Off!

Aug 2, 2022 - Business Development in Telford, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company does right by their employees and the owners truly care about the well-being of everyone. If you work hard, maintain a positive attitude, seek feedback to better your quality of work, stay engaged, and look out for others, your efforts will not go unnoticed. Lightstream has made me feel at home. They were incredibly accommodating during COVID, remain flexible, and the partners would give the shirt off of their backs to anyone. I found this position when the job market was chaotic and I consider it to be one of my greatest blessings. Even with a remote setup, employees at Lightstream are always available and you are never alone. The owners are just a phone call or Zoom away and make themselves available for every employee. Lightstream carefully hires, and they want the best. They will trust you to perform and live up to your expertise. Prove your worth and you will find success and happiness here.

Cons

-A bit more vacation time would be nice, but I must note that they are incredibly accommodating and generous when it comes to appointments and out of pocket time. -A travel setup would be nice.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Stay away!

Oct 21, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

SOME of the people were great.

Cons

Where to begin? -management was awful. Direct contact was curt, rude, condescending and made you feel like you never did anything right. -never stood by their employees even when the client had unreasonable demands. -mentors talked poorly of the people they were supposed to be helping -lied about why they let people go and made up stories -wanted to have you make relationships with your clients but would get mad when you told them you were parting with LS - preached work/life balance but there was none. Expected you to work late. Everyday. The most toxic company I have ever worked for. Stay. Away.

3. Join the LightStream team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Interesting place to work

Aug 11, 2022 - Accounting Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly group of employees

Cons

Some lack of communication between employees

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Expect to work late nights and lunch breaks

Jul 26, 2022 - Marketing Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some members of the team are amazing!

Cons

You’re giving up worklife balance.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Genuine Leadership and a Good Work Environment

Feb 8, 2022 - Project Manager in Telford, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was a project manager for Lightstream for 2+ years. I started my position before the pandemic and decided to leave the organization purely due to personal reasons. I'm providing this review to give an inside point of view on the organization's culture and leadership. Like typical "stand-up" meetings, there are weekly organization-wide meetings where the project managers offer brief updates on top projects to keep all informed. Leadership also provides organizational updates, including process improvements or team engagement opportunities. Through the pandemic, leadership was always transparent about any changes, and they constantly asked if we needed any resources for our work from home adjustments. Over the last few months, they recently started quite a few fun, albeit still hybrid (virtual and in-person) engagement contests (like 'guess the team member' and a fun copywriting contest for a very random-but-interesting stock photo) that keep the team entertained! In a typical year, there are a few parties. Last summer the get-together was held on the weekend at a park so families could join, too. It is part of Lightstream's culture to give and provide clear, actionable feedback to team members at any level. During our weekly check-ins, my manager made a point to ask if I had any feedback to provide about a team, team member, process, etc. And to be transparent, it was my manager's responsibility to share feedback with me so that I could improve. I don't feel that this process was awkward at all. Most team members, myself included, saw value in hearing feedback when it was timely rather than waiting for a yearly review or something like that. Overall, if you are an individual with a "can-do" attitude, enjoy continuous learning and improving, this organization may be an excellent fit for you!

Cons

If you shy away from direct communication or are uncomfortable with giving or receiving feedback, you may have a more difficult time adjusting to this organization.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

A place where you’re valued

Dec 12, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lightstream consistency values and rewards hardworking individuals. They’re rapidly growing, so there has been some recent turnover when people aren’t a good fit with positions/agency life. The partners are open to change and evolving the agency as it grows. They’re open to ideas and feedback. Reading some of these reviews makes me wonder if these past employees ever raised any concerns or issues with their managers or simply decided to leave bad reviews after they no longer work there.

Cons

There are long hours/days sometimes but that’s agency life.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Mix of Good + Bad

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Great group of people • Very friendly, helpful + knowledgable • Will go above and beyond to provide work materials • Organized

Cons

• It is the expectation to work late... Business hours end at 5:30PM but will get emails until as late as 8PM • Tight deadlines and turnaround times • Stressful environment at times • Unbalanced schedule... Some days are bearable and others are nonstop from start to finish (whenever that may be) • Benefits are extremely lackluster until reaching a certain level of seniority

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The Most Toxic Environment I have Ever Experienced

Feb 25, 2022 - Graphic Designer in Lansdale, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The pay was decent - A few team members were fun to work with

Cons

- My direct report was very toxic. If she was having a bad day, we all were having a bad day. She could be very curt and condescending when she was in a mood. - They have a "pixel-perfect" standard. There were numerous times I had to move a box just a pixel to the right only to have to move it back one pixel to the left. - I confided in my direct report about my struggles with anxiety pretty early on while I was working there, and she brought it up during my 6-month review as a point to improve on. (Bonus item: my 6-month review was 3 months late.) - The work hours never seemed to have an end to them. If a client asked for a request at 5, I was expected to stay until the work was completed, even if the Project Managers had signed off for the night. My work had to be done. There were plenty of times when I worked 12 hours straight without a chance to eat because of their demands (starting earlier and working past close). On the odd happenstance that I got done with my tasks by 5:30, I was expected to reach out and ask if there was anything anyone needed help with because there was so much work that needed to be done. - I was lied to during my interview. I asked a few times about the work/life balance and I was told that they were reasonable and put family first with only the occasional late night. (I thought, "Great, that sounds pretty standard!" I do not shy away from a long day, I know they are sometimes necessary.) But this did not happen and I ended up working very late very often. - Management liked to say they cared about their employees and wanted to avoid burnout. I was not the only one who worked as late as I did, it was very common to see people online around 7, sometimes 8, and later. (Their hours are from 8:30 - 5:30) - Management does not advocate for their team when clients ask for unreasonable turn-around times. They would complain about it with the rest of us, essentially pat you on the back and we were just expected to make it happen. - Very high turnover rates. During my almost 10 months of working at this company, 8 people left. (The entire company is comprised of 50 people or less)

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

Unrealistic Expectations

Dec 7, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home was an option You work with a lot of other great employees

Cons

There is an evident lack of understanding of running a company from upper management. They tend to bleed good employees because of how dysfunctional they are. (Ask them about their employee turnover rate for this position if you interview.) That, and their expectation of asking you to work a horrendous amount of hours - an example, you are asked to check emails until 10 pm and while on vacation. The partners want you to treat their company as your own - which causes abhorrent and unrealistic expectations on the Account Executive position. You will also be required to know how to do everyone else's job around you but not be compensated for such - or acknowledged for doing a good job. A warning, this is a family-owned agency, and nepotism abounds.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0

Hard Work - Good People

Apr 26, 2021 - Relationship Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

A supportive management team and a good group of people. Small, so everyone works on a variety of different projects.

Cons

Clients really are the ones controlling the flow of work. So sometimes everything comes in at once and long days are the result.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews