Local Concept Reviews | Glassdoor

Local Concept Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2018

Found 9 reviews

2.1
  1. "Director of Client Strategies"

Current Employee - Director of Client Strategies in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Local Concept full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is client-driven from the top down. Every client challenge is embraced as an opportunity for growth and expansion and facilitating long-term customer engagements. Internally, the skillsets are amazing.

Cons

Managing internal communications with global locations can be a bit of a challenge but once you get used to it, it's really no big deal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Local Concept2015-08-10
  2. "it's a decent company to work"

Current Contractor - Project Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Local Concept for more than 3 years

Pros

co-workers are very nice, no stress

Cons

the administration is not good.

Advice to Management

need to change the policies

Local Concept2016-08-25

"Just, don't..."

I worked at Local Concept full-time

Pros

The employees there are supportive and helpful. When you ask for help, or if you make a mistake (largely due to lack of training, and they know that) they are very understanding.

Cons

Owner. Bottom line. He insulted me in the interview, yet I took the job our of desperation. He was unprepared and busy on his computer and rummaging through papers on his very mess desk. He is condescending, would yell at me from across the building (not addressing me, just starts talking/yelling), call me by several wrong names, doesn't appreciate his employees, doesn't listen to his employees, over charges clients..., blames other, provides no training, has no regard for personal space, is quick to fire people (I left on my own accord), and has a terrible reputation with other businesses. Salary isn't enough to stay here, especially when he tries to text you at 3am about his calendar schedule.

Advice to Management

When turnover rates in your company are extremely high, there is common denominator.

Local Concept2016-07-07

"Flawed Organization Structure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Local Concept full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small business offering growth opportunities for entry level job seekers.

Cons

Weak sales strategy and incompetent management plaque the growth of the small business.

Advice to Management

Lead by example.

Local Concept2016-05-19

"Great business that lacks strategic planning and organization"

I worked at Local Concept

Pros

Office location - prime space in Little Italy, staff diversity - employees are from all over the world, office cat, celebrations - the diverse staff makes parties amazing, interesting business & industry.

Cons

Upper management & president are just weird. Non-communicative and very hot/cold. Systems are very outdated (computer hardware, software, phones, procedures) and management is very resistant to change. Layoffs are very common as big projects wrap up.

Advice to Management

Get a consultant to show you how to run your business.

Local Concept2014-09-30

"Localization interview"

Former Employee - Localization Program Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Local Concept full-time for more than a year

Pros

Local company, that has been in business for many years. That is it.

Cons

All. Not only the offer was vary low, but the interview process is very random. I heard from other people but could not believe it. The CEO/owner will talk to you and will ask you an unusual question like 'can you send me an email with the best itinerary to visit your country?' (like if there are no Lonely Planet or he cannot browse the internet). I realized that this is to see how well you follow orders. Culture is... hire and fire. You will get sacked for no reason

Advice to Management

Offer decent salaries according to the industry. Do not treat employees like disposable people.

Local Concept2014-08-13

"Fascinating Industry, Great Coworkers, Very Weak Management"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Local Concept full-time for more than a year

Pros

Downtown San Diego office is prime. Diverse staff. Room for growth for translators and interns. Generally laid-back vibe.

Cons

No training or instruction. First notification that boss isn't pleased means you're out of there. I watched this happen to several others before it happened to me. If you interpret the unspoken rules incorrectly, you'll be laid off. Turnover is extremely high due to their lack of ability to forecast work - they hire lots of additional staff to do big projects and then lay them off. Cattiness amongst females in upper... management. Many contractors who've been there a long time - made it through rounds of layoffs - who are treated as second-class citizens.

Local Concept2014-03-10
  8. "Top management would need to be improved"

I worked at Local Concept full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the employees are nice and willing to help when you raise your hand. You got the chance to work on multiple languages of localization project, you also got the chance to not only handle translation, but also DTP or elearning. A good place to learn and gain rich of experience as it is a MLSP company not SLSP one.

Cons

Co-workers / freelancers are from the worldwide, different time-zones would bring up the communication problems especially when the schedule is super tight.

Advice to Management

Sales team need to be more strong to find more clients. Would be great if the president could delegate power to lower level, or would even better to have a senior manager to take control in more of the high-level decisions. Better to enhance the worldwide sites' collaboration.

Local Concept2018-04-12
  9. "SCAM"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Local Concept for less than a year

Pros

No pros in this company.

Cons

It's a fraud company. They propose awful conditions for freelancers and finally don't pay them for work at all. local concept feedback fraud scam blacklist

Local Concept2016-06-17