M/A/R/C Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2019

Found 11 reviews

2.2
Merrill Dubrow
  1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Client Service

I have been working at M/A/R/C Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not only does the company strive to deliver excellence to clients, it also aims to create a positive work environment for employees. In the last few years, there has been a renewed focus on innovation and providing offerings that are both price effective and insightful. Ultimately, for me, it is the great work environment and the friends I have made that has driven my loyalty over the years

Cons

None that I can think of.

M/A/R/C Research2019-06-17

"Clarity Needed"

Former Employee - Research in Greensboro, NC

I worked at M/A/R/C Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, benefits and bonus were very good. Some co workers were excellent at supporting other team members and the overall process.

Cons

Overall enthusiasm and work environment were lacking. Management can be oppressive and lack clarity as to their objectives and the way they want you to achieve them.

Advice to Management

Management needs to allow for more progressive and creative ideas to flourish for everybody.

M/A/R/C Research2018-10-22

"VP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at M/A/R/C Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None. Senior Leadership has been in place for 10+ years and are not effective nor forward thinking. They are stuck in the past and it’s their way and not open to change. No raises no promotions. No bonuses. Passive aggressive southern white men who think they know it all.

Cons

Senior Management is run by an ego maniac and his right and left hand men are smart but can’t manage their way out of a paper bag and are suck in the past. There’s been a few new seniors added but they don’t have a voice. Many of us middle managers had to quit because of the toxic environment. Clients suffer and it’s a shame. All they care about us the sale.

Advice to Management

Get Merrill, Randy and Rob to step down and check their egos at the door. They Old fashion and not effective. Passive aggressive men. Need to manage staff. Everyone running around with no direction. Burping and cussing isn’t funny. Open their eyes to the reason for their decline in business. Get in touch with the industry. Lots of smart people but not the right people. Shake things up and replace the employees that...

M/A/R/C Research2018-10-14

"Working at M/A/R/C"

Former Employee - Account Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at M/A/R/C Research

Pros

M/A/R/C is one of the most highly respected companies in the Market Research industry. You can expect to be valued as an employee and appreciated for your contributions. They have great people from the top down. Get on board at M/A/R/C and you will be given every opportunity to succeed.

Cons

The company used to have a soda fountain and every employee was welcome to drink free cokes all day long. It was a shame when this perk was removed in an attempt to reduce cost.

Advice to Management

Keep Bud Phillip's vision and company values going strong. Get it right the first time, do what you say you will, do it once, do it always.

M/A/R/C Research2016-10-12

"Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at M/A/R/C Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

There aren't many pros about this place.. It was close to my home and they paid me more than I have ever been offered but everything about the job and working environment was the worst experience I have ever had

Cons

There was no "team" feel to the group, the work was mostly remedial bank reconciliations, there were no instructions given with work, days usually stretched between 12 and 16 hours on the regular. No one was friendly or wanted to make any sort of relationship and management was completely incompetent.

M/A/R/C Research2015-09-21

"Good employees .....Really absent CEO"

I worked at M/A/R/C Research full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful history on talented researchers....and a well deserved reputation in the market.

Cons

The CEO has no clue of what industry he is in and what it takes to prepare for the future. He's rather go to sporting events and blog about himself than try and learn about the business he is in. He's run things on fear and efficiency and starved the business of new ideas, new perspective and new blood. Same management team for the last 10 years. Stale and mediocre.

Advice to Management

Let the CEO go back to data collection and the panel business and get a real leader.

M/A/R/C Research2015-02-23
      • "Good for starters"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at M/A/R/C Research full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place if you can't find any other job to work at. Most of everyone has a degree from a University, but the work is so easy that a high school graduate could easily catch on. Pay is decent for low level positions. Unlike my experience working for bigger stock companies in downtown, there really isn't a lot of noise in the building, the environment is pretty calm. Everyone seems to be very open and easy to talk...

Cons

There are a lot so I'll just list the main few. Very lackluster working environment. Project managers and co-workers make small workable situations seem very strenuous for no reason. Project managers to not convey instructions and information to data analyst and marketers correctly most of the time. If you're a new hire be prepared for confusion because everyone has a different side of the story and no one seems to be...

Advice to Management

Be more assertive while doing your research about the situation. Hard working management, but needs work.

M/A/R/C Research2015-01-19

"Great company. Poor leaders"

I worked at M/A/R/C Research

Pros

The bulk of employees have a long standing tenure with the company encompassing the foundation from which it was built.

Cons

The current leadership isn't focused on moving the company forward utilizing technology to remain competitive. The company is too heavy running a modern day sweat shop & the CEO manages a fear-based organization picking favorites.

Advice to Management

Oust your CEO that is sinking the ship.

M/A/R/C Research2015-01-18
      • "Eh"

Current Employee - Research Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at M/A/R/C Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good atmosphere. CEO has a very open door policy and often walks the floor to socialize with and get to know his employees

Cons

Not good training for new recruits. No clear promotional track. If you don't fit in to the culture you are often pigeon holed into a dead in job more than a career. Seems kind of "cliche'ish"

Advice to Management

Address career path and professional development opportunities.

M/A/R/C Research2014-11-24
      • "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I have been working at M/A/R/C Research

Pros

Internal programs for professional development - especially public speaking/presentation skills

Cons

Book of business is adversely affected by current economic conditions.

M/A/R/C Research2012-01-08