MBF Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kathy Dupuy

1. "Great agency, both for internal office staff and candidates seeking placement!"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at MBF full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

MBF has strong culture and the staff truly care about the work they do and the families & candidates they work with. There is a high standard of excellence here in providing services to families, and finding the right match between families and candidates is extremely rewarding work. Giving back to the community is also extremely important to the owners, both with financial support and community involvement.

Cons

MBF is a small company, so internal career growth opportunity is somewhat limited; however, management does a great job of supporting the staff in learning new skills, pursuing their personal and professional goals, and encouraging growth within the opportunities available.

It is a very fast-paced environment in the office and risk of "burnout" exists.

2. "Nanny"

Former Employee - Nanny in Carrollton, TX

I worked at MBF part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are able to make your own schedule and have some flexibility. The families are also put through a background check as well so you aren't put in risky situations. It also gives you the option of being a permanent nanny or just part-time.

Cons

They can be disorganized when it comes to sending out conformations of your jobs. I had issues with getting paid on time which put me in a bind a few times.

3. "Nanny"

Current Employee - Nanny in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in Houston, TX

Pros

Flexible
    Cares about their employee
    Engaging

Cons

There is nothing bad to say

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Current nanny"

Current Employee - Nanny in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in Austin, TX

I have been working at MBF full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you chose to do temp work you can pick your own schedule. I do full time work. The interview wasn't really an interview it was just for them to process my paperwork and chat with me about my preferences. I got matched with a family within a week. The real interview is when the family interviews you. The nice thing is this is where the rich families go to get babysitters and I think they have to pay you a minimum of $15/hr so the pay is way better than picking up random babysitting jobs

Cons

None, any experiences you have would depend on the family you're matched with. The con I had with my specific family is they don't take out money for taxes so I have to put aside that money myself

6. "Nanny Manager"

Current Employee - Nanny Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at MBF (More than a year)

Pros

Get to pick my own jobs and hours. Works great with school schedule. Pays more than min wage. They are very professional and the staff is really sweet to work with.

Cons

Sometimes the jobs are last min and traffic can be bad but its ok.

7. "Nanny"

Former Employee - Nanny in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Wonderful company. Everyone I worked with truly enjoyed engaging with children and providing stellar childcare.

Cons

I can't think of any! I loved getting to be a part of such a great company. I guess this definitely isn't the job for anyone that is not truly dedicated to their position as a nanny because MBF is very strict about being on your phone and they do ask for a review of your services from the families you nanny for.

Advice to Management

N/a you ladies were all so great!

8. "Best Work Environment EVER!"

Current Employee - Board of Directors in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Board of Directors in Austin, TX

I have been working at MBF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't believe this many women work together, and we get along like sisters. Seriously, we have "family time" lunch breaks, regular outings together, and the best team mentality. Everyone is encouraging and supportive. The locally owned business is owned by people who know how to find the best people for the job, and then allow them to do it, and equip them with the tools that they need. Reward, encourage and celebrate are key words for this office!

Cons

This is a staffing business, which can be a tough one. The women (and a couple of men) who work here all seem to be 100% in for the growth and betterment of this company. Everyone is personally invested in the businesses' success. Team players only!

9. "Wonderful, supportive, professional, and hard-working staff that is more of a family than an office!"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at MBF full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mom's Best Friend is such a great environment - awesome co-workers, super-high quality product (household staff), and management is very supportive of their team! The company continues to grow at a rapid rate each year, which is extremely encouraging!

Cons

I've worked here for many years, so my only challenge is personal - trying to come up with fresh new ideas for the company.

Advice to Management

Please continue to encourage inter-office bonding, because the more cohesive a team is, the more productive. The way you treat your employees trickles down into how we treat our customers. It's working great so far!

10. "Great small company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at MBF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the culture of MBF. It's nice to work in a place where you know everyone, and there is open communication between staff members. And I really like working for a company with a great reputation in the industry.

Cons

In a small company, there's often not a lot of backup. If you aren't there, the work doesn't have anywhere else to go--It just waits for you. You definitely have to bring your best effort every day to keep everything done and keep your team supported!

Advice to Management

Thanks for having an open-door policy. I feel that I can talk about what happens with my work and in my workplace and be heard.

11. "Just a few warnings.."

Former Employee - Caregiver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Dallas, TX

I worked at MBF full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- They say they hire only 5% of applicants, so that makes you feel special
    - Claim to have competitive wages and flexible schedules

Cons

- I was told I would be full-time, and was then offered four hours. That's right, 4....for the week.
    - I was told my pay was being bumped up from what they usually offer due to my experience (10 years), only to find out that a few other caregivers were receiving more (despite us being "banned" from discussion pay rates)
    - Training is only paid if you work for a week.... and it's only paid out at min wage.
    - You're told there's no "heavy lifting" and then assigned to 2-person lifts. You are also asked to clean for client's families and prepare gourmet dinners.... for hardly any pay.
    - They say they match clients with caregivers based on personalities, skills, location, etc. I was assigned to clients 40 minutes away and knew nothing about them until the day before my shift.

Advice to Management

- Pay based on experience... other companies are much more competitive and with the turnover rate in this industry, there should be some incentive and some recognition of time spent in the field
    - Actually match clients and caregivers appropriately
    - If you offer full-time, then provide full-time. If this can't happen, be honest about that.