MISource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Darvin Boothe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • MISource has a great work environment with great people (in 4 reviews)

• Really like the fast paced environment and the team (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Although they will blame it on the industry they take full advantage of entry level fresh out of college kids (in 3 reviews)

• Operations team is a little on stuffy side, lacks the charisma of the sales and recruiting teams (in 2 reviews)

1. "3+ years of employment! Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at MISource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel grateful to work here! The HR/Payroll/Accounting team has been amazing. Everyone is cross trained and ready to step in at any given time. There are several exciting new projects the Company is currently working on.

Cons

Small Back Office team, off time scheduling a bit challenging.

2. "Placed in a Position to Succeed"

I have been working at MISource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I accepted this position knowing very little about IT and next to nothing about recruiting. I was told if you can work hard you can be successful here. It was the truth. I was taught by management sales tactics, knowledge on IT positions, and negotiation skills. Skills not only relevant to IT Staffing but applicable across multiple fields. I've been given every opportunity to succeed at MiSource. They've invested in me by taking the time to teach what I need to know, paying for sales classes, taking me on meetings, and issuing clear, attainable goals. I feel like my best days here are ahead of me.

Cons

It is hard work. For every lucky break there will be five unlucky breaks, so you need to be able to handle rejection. I think many can do it but the line of work isn't for everybody. If you work hard, ask questions, and listen to team members then the rest will fall into place. It's an entry level position so the pay isn't great right off the bat but you have the ability to change that quickly.

3. "Good opportunity. Great culture"

Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter

I have been working at MISource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good base salary and benefits. Unlimited earning potential. Fun environment. Fast pace.

Cons

Competitive industry. Hard to find good candidates in a tight job market. Sometimes you have to work longer hours to get in touch with candidates.

Advice to Management

Take more time hiring new employees to make sure they fit the culture and are team players.

4. "Staffing/Recruiting"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at MISource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, given all the tools you need to be successful. Solid compensation plan and room to grow.

Cons

You get out what you put in. If you expect to only work 8-5 this probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to prove myself, mentoring me and giving me the tools to achieve success.

5. "Salesperson"

I have been working at MISource full-time

Pros

Really like the fast paced environment and the team. Commission structure is really competitive, doesn't take long to start making commissions. They invest in sales training and give us all the tools to succeed. They have a free dry cleaning service for the team as well!

Cons

Staffing is definitely sales in it's purest form, you have to grind every day to succeed but after a while you build up a pipeline.

6. "Working at MiSource"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at MISource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun group and a place where you are rewarded for your hard work. It's recruiting and sales, so you get what you put into it. If you make the cold calls, network and do the cold emailing you will be successful. Management is willing to spend money on Sales training and will get you the best recruiting tools to use.

Cons

Sales and recruiting is a tough but rewarding profession. If you aren't willing to hustle and work hard, you won't be successful and become frustrated and unhappy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the training and investing in Recruiters. Be sure to coach people even after training so bad habits can get nip in the bud and good habits are encouraged.

"Run!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at MISource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will say all the right things.

Cons

Without question, the owners are the biggest con. Please don't be fooled by the glowing reviews about MiSource. They are written by the owners themselves. I would not be surprised if after this review is posted a few more good reviews don't pop up to overshadow this one. There are 100's of staffing firms you can work for, this one is not worth it.

8. "Admirable Leadership"

Current Employee - Accounting in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Accounting in Tampa, FL

I have been working at MISource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Misource for 9 months and have greatly enjoyed my experience. The professional, friendly, and supportive environment starts from the top - The partners and managers concern themselves with the development of their employee's both professionally and in their specific roles.

Cons

My commute to work is fairly long but the office is in a great location in central Tampa, FL.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead well and inspire hard work!

9. "Experience at MISource"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL

Pros

MISource has a great work environment with great people. They give you all the tools and training that you need to be successful and are always willing to help out if there is something you are struggling with.

Cons

No real cons that stick out.

10. "Recruiter"

I have been working at MISource full-time

Pros

I always get a kick out of my former co-worker's disgruntled reviews. Recruiting is sales and sales is difficult and not for everyone. Yes you have to make calls and talk to people. That is the job. This company has unlimited income opportunity for those of us who are willing to work... It is also gratification helping others advance their careers as their recruiter. Very fast pace and base + commission is nice!

Cons

Company is growing so there is lack of structure at times. Office space could be nicer but not bad. In a great location.

Advice to Management

Continue to help in the coaching and development areas. Terminate the negative team members faster.