Mactus Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Consultants can make good $$$ here"

Former Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

Pros

Excellent relationships across Microsoft and its partner ecosystem, meaning there is no shortage of work and projects are usually more than a few short months and thus more stable than at some other consultant shops. Colleagues are smart, capable and helpful and in general it is a pleasant work environment. The President is an ex-Microsoft employee and has been running company the past 10 years - so he has plenty of relationships and business to draw from.

Cons

Not a good place to be if you want nothing to do with Microsoft - the core of their business. Other than that, I can only say that they've treated me very well and I'd recommend them. I left to explore a new direction in my career, but otherwise I would still be there.

Advice to Management

Continue to structure arrangements with consultants as you have already been doing (in other words do not stop) - setting us up for success, avoiding crazy and unreasonable clients, and structuring agreements in a way that is mutually beneficial and financially profitable for both parties.

2. "Unethical leadership - mistreatment of all employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Mactus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of many pros.
    A majority of former employees are great people that I would work with again in a heart beat.

Cons

When I worked at Mactus my goal was always to make things great and do my best work. It is an impossible goal to achieve when the owner is sociopathic, delusional, unethical and is doing business for the wrong reasons. He thinks the rules and laws don't apply to him and try to take down anyone who gets in his way. I have never been more unhappy, stressed out and uneasy in a job. Employees are not valued at all and easily disposable. The turn over rate was beyond anything I have seen before.

Advice to Management

Close your doors, you have little to no credibility.

3. "The most dishonest company I've ever met"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Redmond, WA

I worked at Mactus Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's really hard to think of anything positive. It was nice when the owner was off on his long trips and not at the office.

Cons

I worked with Mactus at their corporate offices. The founder / owner was probably the worst manager I've had in my life. He intentionally mislead anyone and everyone he could if he thought he could make a dollar off of it. He has absolutely no understanding of how to build culture or how to effectively motivate his team.
    We were banned from Microsoft because he refused to follow the rules.
    My advice, run as fast as you can from Mactus.

Advice to Management

Get some counseling

4. "Great company to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Mactus Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff at Mactus really wanted to help me succeed! From the very first day I spoke to staff on the phone, they were helping me with my resume and getting me set up to land a job. They are responsive and great to work with. They really are in the business of helping their consultants succeed :)

Cons

Nothing bad to say about them :)

5. "Trustworthy Advocate"

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Mactus Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Mactus Group as a vendor at Microsoft years. Mactus Group have always had positive goals and made efforts to help me improve as a candidate and a professional. I recommend this company as an employer over the 3 other agencies I have worked for.

Cons

Not enough technical roles are available - focus seems to be marketing and BI

Advice to Management

Add more technical roles to diversify

6. "No opportunities here"

Former Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

I worked at Mactus Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My practice director was great, but that was the only positive about Mactus, and he is not longer there. I worked in a great team at Microsoft that treated me like a team member. Mactus tried to interfere and squeeze the client for more money, although I never asked for a raise.

Cons

Mactus was a one-trick pony, all its business was/is with Microsoft. Then they got into some trouble with Microsoft and couldn't do business there for a while. During that time my contract was not extended and I was kept in the dark until it was too late. The client wanted to keep me and I had another company that would have taken me over, but the owner at Mactus refused to release me from the non-compete and threatened legal action. He'd rather see me without a job than do right by me and the client. They had lost the business regardless. The owner is a complete sociopath, pinged me not too long ago and wanted to reconnect since he is trying to restart the business. They are dead in the water and there are no opportunities.

Advice to Management

Don't try to make people believe there are opportunities if there are none. The show is over.

"Nice Company"

I worked at Mactus Group (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with some very personable, helpful folks at Mactus who found a great contract for me.

Cons

It's a shame that a majority of their business is reliant on Microsoft.

Advice to Management

Expand beyond Microsoft.

"Founder and president not trustworthy"

Former Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

I worked at Mactus Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few Microsoft projects of varying lengths and levels. Mostly administration, operations and junior project management roles. Good with branding themselves (but not sure if they deliver).

Cons

Be careful. Employment agreements may not be honored. Owner looks for ways to line his pockets at your expense. Numerous employees have left and have no plans of ever partnering or referring the company again.

"Warning. Mactus will see your money"

Pros

They can help you get a contracting position, but once you have your job, Mactus does not advocate for you

Cons

CORRUPT! My manager at Microsoft gave me raises but Mactus kept the money without telling me. They steal from employees.

"Untrustworthy management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

Interesting work, but you have to find your own contracts for the most part.

Cons

Owner is sketchy - it always seems he is trying to trick you. Company makes huge margins but tends to nickel-and-dime contractors over rate and benefits (e.g., vacation is use or lose but since you never have time to use it, it is a benefit in name only - don't be fooled). Far less transparent and trustworthy than other vendor agencies. I suggest finding your own gig and taking it someplace else.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and fair with your vendors - they are the ones that allow you to make that cash hand over fist.