Matchbox Design Group Reviews
100% would recommend to a friend
(9 total reviews)
The latest conversations about Advertising
Got a burning question about Matchbox Design Group? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Matchbox Design Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Found 9 of over 9 reviews
Updated Sep 12, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 12, 2023Lead Content StrategistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSaint Louis, MO
- Variety of clients ranging from small local businesses to large B2B companies - Fully remote position with flexible working hours - Collaborative and supportive work environment - Opportunity to learn and grow as a professional - Half-day Fridays every other Friday & paid holidays
- Lacking some internal processes - Issues with communication around project requirements & expectations internally and with the client - Understaffed
- 5.0Mar 1, 2023Junior Front End EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearKansas City, MO
Great work life balance, Right amount of challenge, good people, stellar leadership
Fairly heavy workload and low(ish) production capacity to meet the workload.
- 4.0May 31, 2022Junior Support EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSaint Louis, MO
* Work Life Balance * Variety of Work * Tight Knit Team * Mentorship * Having Direct Impact on Clients
* Smaller team can sometimes mean performing job duties outside of the job description
- 5.0Oct 13, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Matchbox is a tight-knit group while also being very welcoming and willing to embrace new people and ideas. Your coworkers are patient, competent, and relatable. The Partners do an amazing job at being connected to everyone and making working there feels like a good time.
Matchbox is fairly small by design. So you'll often find that you don't have all the time or bandwidth to pursue every opportunity.
- 5.0Dec 5, 2019Junior DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSaint Louis, MO
Leadership open to critique growth, a casual/friendly (but hard-working) culture, always innovating on their processes, quickly-growing company. Very good work/life separation. Lower-than-average hours.
It's a small company, so sometimes you end up doing a little more than what you thought would be in your job description. Not a serious/frequent problem, though, and you only take on as much as you want/can handle. Long history/large client list and small size of the company leaves it semi-vulnerable when employees leave, leaving gaps in skillsets or too much project work for the smaller team.1
- 5.0Jun 21, 2019Design InternFormer Intern, less than 1 yearSaint Louis, MO
I was an intern at Matchbox for the summer and it was a good experience all around. They really let the interns work alongside the full-time employees and weren’t afraid to try new things. Also had a laid back atmosphere which I appreciated, and the work-life balance was really nice. No crazy hours and were lenient when it came to time off.
None off the top of my head.
- 5.0Aug 19, 2018Anonymous ContractorFormer Contractor
• Good work-life balance • Half day Fridays • Fun team • Good clients
A lot of WordPress work. Could be hard if you aren't familiar with the platform.
- 5.0Jan 28, 2020SEO Account ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSaint Louis, MO
Collaborative Environment Growth Opportunities Learning Organization Home life boundaries respected Flex scheduling
Office is downtown St. Louis
- 4.0May 19, 2016Art DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSaint Louis, MO
The co-owners are extremely collaborative and nice. Projects were scheduled appropriately and workload was never too heavy. Good team environment and work / life balance.
there were no senior level coworkers from which I could use as a mentor.