Maxsys Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Barner

1. "CSR/Technical Sppt"

Former Employee - IT Customer Service Representative in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - IT Customer Service Representative in Frisco, TX

I worked at Maxsys Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Agency provided a good contract job. Pay was okay. Recruiter provided wrong date to start, and forgot to request certain paperwork initially, therefore I had to make another long trip to office to complete certain documents.

Cons

Contract was for seasonal employment only.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Release coordinator"

Current Employee - Contractor in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Contractor in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

I always get contract resign every six months

Cons

I do not recieve any benefit

3. "Recruiter"

Pros

Great work environment and flexibility. Open door policy with bosses

Cons

Work from home policy needs to be encouraged more

"Current Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment that allows the opportunity to earn six figure compensation if willing to work hard. The company is able to change on a dime, very nimble organization. Company strives to offer a work/life balance. Good support from management, great commission plan, cohesive team, and solid benefits including 401k and profit sharing.

Cons

More industry specific, IT staffing business is very competitive and you have to stay on top of your game to continue to earn six figure income.

Advice to Management

Continue performance club trips and all the monthly/quarterly contest

"Maxsys Solution could be right for you, could not"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I worked at Maxsys Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is an open atmosphere for communication and is at time a fun place to work. With a work hard play hard atmosphere. The tier based commission structure is pretty progressive. A determined hard working recruiter could make awesome money here. Their database of IT Professional contacts is quite extensive, and it is very possible to make a placement simply by diving into this internal database. Management also has not problems what so ever investing more money into tools that can bring more success to recruiters, and they're open to recruiters asking for more tools.

There is a good amount of Team Building when things are going well. When goals are being reached management will spring for trips to fun activities and happy hours. There is also multiple opportunities to win trips, and the Christmas parties are fun.

Cons

It definitely is a "Good O'l Boy" atmosphere. If you're and ethnic minority or gay person, forget about it. They wouldn't hire you, and you wouldn't want to work there.

Management can be conveniently forgetful. Getting them to pay referral fees at times is like pulling teeth, and sometimes they flat out refuse to. Saying they've extended the time a placed candidate has to work, until they pay the person that referred the candidate, hoping that eventually everyone involved in the process forgets. Even though is says clearly on their website the conditions.

Often time getting feedback from a certain group of clients is very difficult. Sometime the response back from the Account Manager would be very vague "Not technical enough" is sometimes all you would receive. Leaving you lost when trying to find more candidates to submit to that req. There would still be high pressure on you to deliver candidate to this position, hoping that you could figure out on your own what the client was looking for.

Advice to Management

Just be a little more consistent and delivering on the things you say you will.

"High stress, but you can make $$$"

Current Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive compensation structure. It is tier based, the higher your run rate is the higher your commission rate is. A great recruiter can make $150-$200k/year.The benefits are ok for a single person because they're paid, but it's pricey if you have a family.
    -Lots of jobs to work
    -they typically hire really good people so you shouldn't have any problems making friends

Cons

-Work/life balance. I've seen a couple of current or ex employees put 5 stars on work/life balance. Wait, what? You have to be at work by 8-830 and don't try to leave before 530. Taking sick days is frowned upon, but what can you do? Most everyone I worked with would get off by 6-630, go home and do their family thing, then put in another 2 hours of work at night. If you're going to work here, be ready to do that.
    -KPI's are focused on how many calls you make and people you bring in office. 50 calls a day(the call sheet is pulled just about everyday and you know how many calls each person made), 10 interviews(having the office in Frisco isn't always close to where people live so good luck with getting 10 every week).
    -The business is owned by 3 principals and they're in the office every day. They know who you're calling, emailing, etc. If you can't handle someone looking over your shoulder, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Relax on KPI's. Experienced recruiters know where to find people and are connected. Calling people just to get a certain number of calls isn't providing quality to the candidates.

"Leeches"

Former Employee - IT Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxsys Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They managed to have at least one client. I turned that contact into a real job. Go me! Also, they can't make you show up for work. For example, in 2 months I took off 2 days for sick, 1 day for vacation, then 2 days for vacation. It hurts my pocket book but they can't say a thing.

Cons

They are getting at least double what you are getting. Negotiating for more money is a hard thing to do, especially because they have the job contact, and if you demand more money, they just put other people in to interview. All-in-all that is a business model that is similar to a leech. The people there are not knowledgeable about anything that doesn't involve mooching off your skills. They don't offer relevant advice, they can't communicate your skills to the hiring manager, they can't communicate what the hiring manager is actually looking for. It's funny to a degree, then after you solidify an interview, get the job, learn what is actually going on, you can't get more money, they have you in a contract. They don't negotiate after that. And finally you learn they are making $65 - 80 a hour minus what you get. We, as IT people, need more power and education in the hiring process. We are letting these staffing agencies walk all over us.

Advice to Management

They only time my agent called me was a) to give me a contact number, b) to ask if I was being converted, c) finally to say he thinks I am being converted. I knew I was being converted. It's not my job to bring him into the loop. I did all the work.

9. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many great advantages that come with working here including one of the top commission structures in DFW, 401k matching and profit sharing, market-competitive base salaries, and great benefits including health/dental/vision insurance. The company offers weekly, monthly, quarterly, 1/2 year, and YTD contests with cash prizes and vacations and offers a casual environment with engaged colleagues.

All of that is great but what really stands out is that I've never worked for a company that truly values their employees and treats them as family like Maxsys Solutions. They've been nothing but supportive and flexible with any situation that arises and causes me to have to put work off for a period of time. Everyone here is always willing to help.

Cons

This isn't really a "con" but this environment isn't for everyone. People who are competitive and motivated by their job in an open and vibrant environment do very well here. Someone who is only looking to collect a paycheck and go home wouldn't last long.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We have something special here and I hope to be a part of it for a long time to come. You're never going to please everyone but those are the people who will complain about anything and everything with a bad attitude no matter what you do.

10. "over all it was okk"

Pros

pay was on dot and on time

Cons

ended contract before end date for no reason

11. "General Labour"

Current Employee - General Labourer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - General Labourer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros

Putting people everyday to work within various companies among their contract.

Cons

Send people to work if they have contract.

Advice to Management

There is nothing to advise Maxsys