Meridian Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rebecca Hage Thomley

1. "Friendly Staff and Management"

I have been working at Meridian Services full-time

Pros

Meridian Services has an open door policy like no other company that I have ever worked for. They are generous and listen to each individual. The Upper management is flexible and they even work direct care which you don't see very often. The pay is great and one of the highest in the state. The training is just as great!

Cons

Staffing but that is typical in this field

Advice to Management

The management is great!!!!!

2. "Find a better Job"

Former Employee - Direct Care in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Direct Care in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Meridian Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I wish their was one!

Cons

Management changes the rules to fit the situation. Will be denied time off, even if you gave a 2 week notice. Will send clients out in weather not conducive of what thy are wearing. Have a You don't count! attitude.

Advice to Management

none

3. "Good company"

Former Employee - Direct Care in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Direct Care in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Meridian Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really friendly staff and fantastic management who care a lot.

Cons

Need more training opportunities in the evening

5. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Meridian Services full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, great pay & benefits, supportive administration, reliable staff.

Cons

Nothing! Great company and I think you should apply today!

Advice to Management

Nothing! Great company.

"Don't do it! What a horrid place!"

Former Employee - Direct Care Staff in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Direct Care Staff in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Meridian Services full-time

Pros

Honestly, I really cant think of any.

Cons

The upper management is awful! On one of my shifts, I overheard two of the women at the administrative level laughing about letting someone go and being proud of the fact that they let them go. They are just not nice people. I do understand that the human services field as a whole is hurting for staff, but requiring us to work doubles on the weekends is a bit excessive. Just not a good place to be.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they matter. Actually take the advice that employees give you. As you can see by the numerous bad reviews, there is clearly a problem.

"Program Counselor"

Former Employee - Program Counselor in Cottage Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Program Counselor in Cottage Grove, MN

I worked at Meridian Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co workers and work environment in the home I was working in. The clients excel at so many things due to staff pursuing their best interest in the best ways possible. The staff is very driven for their clients and use person centeredness at all times.

Cons

The company does not follow policy and procedure, when it comes to clients and staff. The only time I've really seen policy and procedure followed, is when it comes time to cover for themselves. The tight knit upper admin makes it extremely hard to get anything done or to be heard. Poor communication between managers, program directors and HR. HR is usually stonewalled by admin so nothing usually gets resolved. Even when it's in the consumer and staffs best interest.

Advice to Management

I would not allow close friendships in upper admin, as it has caused clique issues when staff need to go above their managers, as well as following policy and procedure at all times, not just when it's best for the company. In doing so, the company is no longer person centered or putting the consumers first. They're putting themselves first. Better maintenance, lots of things that are being thrown under the rug that are not safe, and it's turned into lazy fixes that last maybe a week. This is autism, not Walmart, where if you misplace something you can put it back. These are people's lives.

"What happened to the reason the company was started"

Current Employee - Program Counselor in Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Program Counselor in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Meridian Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The staff at Meridian are wonderful people to work with

Cons

When the company started in St Cloud Minnesota the owner had a wonderful Outlook for the clients she took care over the years the company has grown it has outgrown its self. The company has lost sense of the clients that they take care of it's all about the money that the clients bring it. The mission statement for this company now needs to be change I loved working for this company in the beginning and after seeing the changes that the company has gone through I no longer believe that the mission statement of this company is true I believe . I was told that everybody as a staff is replaceable after working for the company for quite a few years I now see what they meant by this we are replaceable we will no longer let you take advantage of us you are now losing the best staff that you have had company-wide you are very understaffed you should look at why and figure out the root problem.

The clients some are very challenging it's the staff that run the company and make it possible for this company to exist staff do not get the appreciation for the efforts that they put in the staff that go above and beyond are the ones that are quitting.

Advice to Management

Find the root of your problem how are you going to keep your staff so that they do not move on to other companies. It makes me very sad to think that I used to love working for the company because of the mission statement and how true it was and how much you guys put into the client and now I am looking elsewhere for a job ask yourself what can you do

9. "Okay for first job out of college."

Former Employee - Behavioral Clinician in Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Behavioral Clinician in Muncie, IN

I worked at Meridian Services full-time

Pros

Great entry level opportunity for a recent college grad to gain hands on experience. Flexible schedule. "play money" available to attend trainings and tools to use with clients. Good medical benefits.

Cons

Combined sick and vacation for PTO. High productivity standards. Difficult case management/billing system. Raises were based on productivity standards.

10. "Review"

Current Employee - Program Counselor in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Program Counselor in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Meridian Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Felxible hours, benefits, laid back, promote within, paid time off

Cons

Work weekends, when asking for time off takes forever to hear back,

Advice to Management

Faster response when some one requests time off

"Feel valued as an employee"

Current Employee - Pca in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Pca in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Meridian Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, decent supervisors with emphasis on training. Benefits are on par with other companies

Cons

Not too many... I'd be nitpicking really. What can I say, this is a good company