Miracle Ear Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Miracle Ear Owner Benjamin Norris
Benjamin Norris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Helping people reconnect with life (in 7 reviews)

• small offices, commissions, hearing aids (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Hearing aids were grossly overpriced in a highly competing market and management was not open to suggestions on lowering to drive higher sales (in 8 reviews)

• No room for growth except to pile years onto how long you've been working here (in 3 reviews)

1. "hearing aid specialist"

I worked at Miracle Ear full-time

Pros

Minimal supervision, paid marketing and sales leads, no working weekend or holidays (unless you choose to), high paying commission, supportive staff(depending on the franchise), you get to help people

Cons

None that I can think of

"Company Review"

Current Employee - Training in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Training in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Miracle Ear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working under Audrey, a very experienced and professional individual with valuable insight on keeping patients as long term partners in our business. Having a mentor/guide to becoming an outstanding consultant is very valuable to me, I appreciate the knowledge she has to share from her 27 years with this company. All of her patients compliment her highly, I can only hope for the same when I am a consultant in a store. I truly enjoy my job.

Cons

Contacting some superiors - they are very busy individuals it's hard to get into contact with them, and then not feel bothersome to some extent if you have to contact them more than once for the same concern. I feel like this is common with many companies though as well.

3. "Miracle Ear experience"

Current Employee - Hearing Aid Specialist in Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - Hearing Aid Specialist in Pearland, TX

I have been working at Miracle Ear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Miracle Ear is a great company to work for with an extremely supportive staff. Miracle Ear is a franchised company so most offices are not under the same franchise and do not function the same way; however, all offices in Texas are under the same franchise leadership. Since starting with Miracle Ear out 2.5 years ago, I feel like not only have I grown professionally but also in my personal life finding why I started in the field of hearing in the first place. Our franchise has a very supportive corporate staff who is always readily available and happy to help with any issues that arise. I have been given every tool to jumpstart a successful career and help my patients. Along with the support I receive in the office, every member of upper management has shown their support in personal trying times and I know that is a rare find with employers. If you work hard and truly want to succeed with Miracle Ear you will, and everyone will make sure they help you in achieving that success.

Cons

On occasion it is required to work hours outside of the regularly scheduled day, where this is not a problem for myself I can see where it could be for someone.

Advice to Management

More structured protocol with new hires and interview process, as well as first year of employment as a consultant. Openness with employees about ideas and thoughts of moving forward and future oversight.

4. "Highly Recommend"

I have been working at Miracle Ear full-time

Pros

I am able to help those that are in need of hearing better, so that it can bring better quality of life to them!

Cons

None really. They are all very supportive

Advice to Management

Doing a Great job. Thank You!

5. "Patient care coordinator"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Miracle Ear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of for this company is sometimes you get off work at 4oclock.

Cons

Everything. The management is a joke. HR is an even bigger joke. Management does not listen to you, they only look out for themselves and liars. They will lie straight to your face about anything and everything just to cover their butt. I met one nice person in the company and that's it. All the company cares about it making sales. They say they care about the patients but they don't all they care about is getting that commission. I do not recommend this job. To anyone. PAY SUCKS.

Advice to Management

Take some management classes and listen to your employees. This job would have been much more enjoyable if my manager was better. Go back and take a few business classes. Change your perspective from sales to your employees.

6. "No growth or respect for OA's"

Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Utica, NY
    Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Utica, NY

I have been working at Miracle Ear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers are the only good part of coming to work and the only reason I'm here, not the Frasier family. Greedy people.

Cons

Poor pay little above min wage while salesmen make top $ you do all the work and they get parties and recognition OA's are looked down on and disrespected.

Advice to Management

Learn mutual respect for all staff and especially front office who make you shine!

7. "Employment"

I have been working at Miracle Ear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

small offices, commissions, hearing aids

Cons

telemarketing, advertising, prices, its about money and not patient care

8. "hearing aid specialist"

Pros

can take time off for your children when you need to

Cons

no advancement and management was very hard to work for

9. "Great company"

I have been working at Miracle Ear full-time

Pros

We sell a great product, we have control of our schedules, we get our own office, we work together a team to build our business

Cons

They do not match 401k

10. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Miracle Ear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great bunch of people that I work with! Helping the community is a plus!

Cons

Having to re-establish the brand name in the community, as the last franchise owner kind of walked away.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!