Morgan Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard J. L. Senior

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "District Manager"

I have been working at Morgan Services full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere. In control of your own success

Cons

Long hours at times. Not much room for growth

Advice to Management

Stay bottom-up not top-down when it comes to area success

2. "Awful Company"

Former Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at Morgan Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few of the people who work there really care and try very hard to make the best of a bad situation. The main plant is a great facility.

Cons

Lacks a true competitive advantage in the marketplace; but operates as if they're the only way for restaurants to get napkins. Standard product really is no different from the competition (supply chains are all the same for all the linen companies). They could process their product and deliver a premium product, but there's a lot of cost cutting.

Sales is allowed to promise anything to new customers and there's no follow through to even try and deliver what was promised. Some of the management team will laugh about the grotesque ways that customers are ripped off (ie overcharged); and if you're not laughing with them chances are you won't be there long. I'm not saying that they don't have a right to take money, but nickel and diming profitable long term customers and sticking them with annual price increases and being able to change unit pricing any time that they want is bad business.

Sales is admittedly of being put in an impossible position - trying to sign customers up for a 5 year contract at premium pricing for something that really is closer to a bottom tier service is tough.

Advice to Management

Exit the markets that you're losing in while you still have something to exit with before they drag down the smaller cities that you are able to have some success with. Identify the toxicity in your mid to senior level managers and eliminate them instead of constantly turning over new hires.

3. "Programmer"

Pros

Great place to grow, great atmosphere.

Cons

Old fashioned business, not much aside from that.

Advice to Management

Reward your corporate staff

"Sales Assistant"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dayton, OH

I worked at Morgan Services full-time

Pros

The employees/co-workers are great and friendly

Cons

Management is awful and their turn-over is proof. Friendly co-workers but management creates an awful environment

Advice to Management

Try change from the top, down rather than the bottom, up. You have great, dedicated employees that should be treated with respect.

5. "Management is a joke"

Current Employee - Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Morgan Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good people stuck working there, it's to bad that they are all treated poorly!

Cons

Everything about this place, from the top of the management all the way down to the cockroaches and rats running around everyone is out for themselves and that's it!!

Advice to Management

Blow it up and start all over, from the top all the way down!!

6. "Service Representative"

Current Employee - Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Morgan Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours, you get paid for 40 hours even if you only work 36 but overtime for any hours over 40. Awesome benefits. Once you get it down, the week flys. A good place to work.

Cons

You will never make enough $$ to survive. Raises are only 2% every 18 months and starting wage is $15. There is no room in the budget for any wiggle room.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. The service reps have too many responsibilities for what the pay is.

"Chicago Division Sales Department"

I worked at Morgan Services full-time

Pros

I feel that I need to give credit to the sales manager of the Chicago Division because he is a great boss, but also a great mentor and teacher. My first professional job was working underneath him. I never had a job before I worked at Morgan Services. He literally sat next to me and showed me what it means to be a sales professional. He taught me how to bring in and close orders. He also supported me at times when the customers were rough or when competition was high. To anyone that is considering to take a job as a sales rep in Chicago, I would highly recommend taking the position. You will learn from someone that has years of experience and is a good teacher and good guy. The sales manager that I am talking about worked at Morgan in 2012. I would not be surprised if he left Morgan for another company because he has what it takes to be a director or a vice president of sales at another company.

Cons

It is a sales job.

Advice to Management

Pay the people that make results what they are worth, or they will go somewhere that pays better.

"Service rep."

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Waterford, MI
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Waterford, MI

I have been working at Morgan Services (More than a year)

Pros

Work route on your own. Abel to open new accounts or up sell items. Even if you wor 35 hours you still get paid for 40 hours.

Cons

Multiple errors plant that affects rep. Does not have extra help in case of call offs. If injured on job management will tell you to "ice" the injury 24 hrs before going to clinic. Trucks are garbage. Should be leased and not owned. Not able to maintain a solid sales team. Reps are told to do complete 5 peoples jobs through out business day.

Advice to Management

Need to upgrade systems. To much paper waste. Everything needs to be in electronic format.

9. "sales admin"

Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Morgan Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great place to work at

Cons

Nothing bad about this company

10. "Junior Developer"

Current Employee - Junior Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Junior Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Morgan Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close knit environment. Great to work for. Heart of downtown.

Cons

Small office. Not a big corporate feel. No wall dividers in the office, sound travels from cube to cube.