Mudd Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

Mudd Advertising Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2019

Found 62 reviews

3.2
Mudd Advertising CEO Jim Mudd Jr. (no image)
Jim Mudd Jr.
Pros
  • "Fast paced environment prepares you for tough situations(in 7 reviews)

• "It's a fast paced environment and I'm never bored(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "You are under constant pressure to sell to car dealers(in 4 reviews)

• "Fake, low pay, crazy family, no raises, lots of yelling at employees(in 4 reviews)

1. "Improved Work Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Waterloo, IA

I have been working at Mudd Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everybody is super friendly, and the benefits are really nice. Passionate workforce.

Cons

Theres a bit of an old school mentality.

Advice to Management

Give clear direction to employees

Mudd Advertising2019-06-18
  2. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Mudd Advertising part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Something new everyday Good cafeteria food Friendly co-workers

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth Everything is still done very traditional

Mudd Advertising2019-07-02

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Cedar Falls, IA

I worked at Mudd Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

The gym and cafe were nice amenities. Coworkers were great, but misery loves company I guess.

Cons

They won't pay you well. They will probably fire you without warning or reason and then try to fight your unemployment claim after assuring you they wouldn't. If you miraculously don't get fired, you'll be expected to work like a pack mule in order to make up for the lost productivity after they fire your friends, even though you were already understaffed beforehand. Very unorganized management. If they make you... any promises, make sure you get it in writing or it isn't going to happen. They don't care about their clients, just their money. And then they act surprised when clients get fed up and leave. Basically, this company doesn't care about it's employees. They say they do, but they don't. Some great people work here (or used to), but the company itself is incredibly scummy.

Advice to Management

Nothing I can say will make you change your ways, you've made that clear. I never planned on giving Mudd Advertising a bad review. Originally, I was going to stick to the middle ground at 3 stars. But you've made it clear recently that you don't even deserve the one star I'm obligated to give you here.

Mudd Advertising2019-05-07

"Awful Awful Awful"

I worked at Mudd Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

-the cafeteria and gym are nice perks, and all your coworkers are as miserable as you are.... misery loves company.

Cons

Micromanagement. They lie to you and your dealers. They do not care about the relationships they build with clients, as long as they are getting paid. The coworkers that you do work with are so mean and rude. If you don’t share the same beliefs as them politically, religiously or even on certain topics they will call you out. They will take it to social media. It’s like being in middle school all over. Your... ‘manager’ also has their own territory to call on, so don’t expect much help here. Your ‘manager’ could also be a useless, catty, drama filled person as well. Shared personal information about everyone with everyone else, including sickness, deaths and pay. HR is never in office and is pretty much useless. They have a habit for not paying people their last commissions which is “normal” as put. They do not have respect for you, especially if you leave. 9/10 they will walk you out when you put your notice in. You are simply just a number to them. Chris Mudd cares nothing but making more money. Jim Mudd Jr is so disconnected from the business.

Advice to Management

Shut down. The “perks”, hours are not worth making $12 an hour, having a gym and a cafeteria are not worth sticking around. This place will go down in flames.

Mudd Advertising2019-02-19

"Family First"

Current Employee - Creative in Cedar Falls, IA

I have been working at Mudd Advertising full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for the Mudd Family for nearly 10 years. Recently two of my family members experienced major health crisis with chronic and ongoing serious medical conditions. The Mudd family has treated me and my family like their own family. Jim Jr and Chris have been incredibly kind, supportive and encouraging. They have been so unbelievably accommodating allowing me to work at the office in the mornings and... set me up to work remotely from home in the afternoons to allow me to be there as a caretaker for my sick family members. There are obviously many companies out there but very few if any that would be as gracious and loving as the Mudd family has displayed to me and my family. I will never be able to repay their kindness and will always count myself as extremely blessed to have the privilege to work with my family at Mudd Advertising.

Cons

None that I can express at this time

Mudd Advertising2018-11-17

"Great place to start"

I have been working at Mudd Advertising full-time

Pros

There is a lot of upward mobility if you are willing to work for it. Nice employee amenities like the cafe and gym. Generally friendly atmosphere and capable people to work with. Pay was about as expected for my entry level position.

Cons

Benefits like health insurance aren't great. No sick days either, you have to use PTO. Maternity leave is better than some, but still only half pay for not even 2 months. Don't think paternity leave exists here. Company doesn't understand why anyone would want to leave. Most of the time, if you turn in your two weeks notice, they just tell you to leave right then and there. They don't seem to understand that... company loyalty is virtually dead, and that the best way to move up for many people is to move on.

Advice to Management

Learn to handle your employees leaving with grace and respect. Not everyone is going to stay for life. In fact, most won't. If they give you the courtesy of notifying you when they plan to leave, do them the courtesy of graciously accepting their notice. Your employees don't owe you anything, so be thankful for the notice instead of shoving it back in their face.

Mudd Advertising2018-06-26

"I could make more $ at Mcdonalds!"

I worked at Mudd Advertising full-time

Pros

The only pro is that no one paid attention to the staff, so you could show up late and leave early and no one would even notice or care.

Cons

I worked as an unpaid intern for almost a year while in school. Upon graduating, they let me work full-time, but only paid me $12 an hour with no benefits, vacation days, or anything. Literally all 30 people I worked with quit within a year including the leadership team. This was the worst job experience I have ever had!

Mudd Advertising2018-07-20

"Worst place I've ever worked"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Cedar Falls, IA

I worked at Mudd Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of my colleagues were smart, awesome people

Cons

CEO is illiterate Entire Mudd family are awful human beings Don't care about their customers Don't care about their employees All the positive reviews on here are almost certainly fake.

Advice to Management

There's no redeeming you.

Mudd Advertising2018-07-16

Mudd Advertising Response

July 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

We are sorry to learn about your frustrations with your former position. I would really like to know more about what happened to make you feel like you do about Mudd Advertising. Please call me or email me to set up a time to talk. Wendy Jermier

"Creative Dept."

Former Employee - Creative in Cedar Falls, IA

I worked at Mudd Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I honestly can't think of any pros.

Cons

Good first job to get foot in door and move on. Low pay unless family or upper crust of management that golfs with the family members.

Advice to Management

Quit telling people to see HR with complaints - that's you're ticket to the unemployment line. Knock off the Gung Ho b.s. It's a joke.

Mudd Advertising2018-07-10
  10. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Cedar Falls, IA

I have been working at Mudd Advertising full-time

Pros

Great Money, Great Hours, Great Atmosphere

Cons

NONE if you do your job

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Mudd Advertising2018-05-14

Mudd Advertising Response

May 14, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your kind words.

Found 62 reviews