KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Neighbor Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2022

Found 23 of over 33 reviews

4.9
Neighbor CEO Joseph Woodbury (no image)
Joseph Woodbury

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Culture is fun, it's a start up.(in 4 reviews)
  • "So many great people that know so much.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Everyone is excited about the work and company(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "term total earnings in terms of monetary compensation and benefits at a more established company, especially a FAANG or other large, name(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company with an awesome culture

Aug 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great projects to work on Transparency from top to bottom No politics

Cons

Probably average pay at best

2. 5.0

Nice

May 11, 2022 - Dogsitter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice to watch the dog

Cons

Kids are sometimes bad to dog

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

High-potential startup with a great culture

Apr 27, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong culture + Transparency; sprint demos & company-wide sharing of metrics + Alignment; company goals are clear; frequently repeated, and well-communicated + Investment in people; Neighbor runs multiple company-wide initiatives to grow their people; their internship program, "learn to code" classes, quarterly hackathons and weekly lunches are just the surface-level examples - Startup life! You will be given the trust & freedom to make significant contributions right away - Strong talent - all of the hires made since I've started have raised the bar, and it's clear that Neighbor's recruiting & interviewing practices are mature and prioritized

Cons

Neighbor is a tech startup with hard problems to solve; the flip-side to my "startup life" bullet above is that a lot of ambiguity typically comes with the high-trust, high-freedom culture.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

i really just want to access this site if i’m honest

Mar 29, 2022 - Nanny in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

no taxes is nice and i like that

Cons

not really that many cons tbh

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Awesome place to work and awesome product

Mar 13, 2022 - Growth Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth mindset. Fast paced. Leadership very nice and driven. Data driven model for decision making. Really smart and diverse people. Great product market fit

Cons

Growing pains. No other complaints

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome people make an awesome culture

Mar 10, 2022 - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

So many great people that know so much. I have learned so much here, and I know I’ll keep learning. I’ve always felt heard by my superiors and I feel like I have a say in what projects I work on. We are always encouraged to spend our time on the most valuable things. Overall awesome culture with lots of awesome people.

Cons

At times the self-organized nature of our engineering organization can leave you without a clear idea of what to do next. It’s up to you to take initiative and decide what projects you want to take on.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Best People and the Best Work

Mar 10, 2022 - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reasons why Neighbor has been an awesome company to work for: - Lots of unique and challenging problems - High level of responsibility and autonomy - Everyone is excited about the work and company - So many smart people to work with - Everyone is needed to succeed I have enjoyed every moment of my time here. Everyone is smart and capable at what they do. It is not often that you get to work in a startup where there are some of the smartest people you know.

Cons

While it is hard to find big cons, I would say the following: - Occasional feelings of burn out due to start up environment (never crushing) - Need to hire more people to keep up with the work

8. 5.0

Audacious Opportunity

Jan 28, 2022 - Software Engineering Manager in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The sense of community and talent density at Neighbor is as good as I have ever been a part of. I love coming to work each day, learning from and working with this team. The opportunity in front of us is exciting as we discover how to disrupt this $48 billion market. The focus and dedication of the executive team to identify what needs to be done, and then set individuals free to accomplish this crazy objective.

Cons

We are still an early-stage startup, sorting through all the things that need to happen to be successful. It requires a lot of effort and willingness to shift focus and be agile as we get this thing rolling.

9. 5.0

Exciting and challenging

Jan 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Neighbor is disrupting the $500 billion self storage industry and turning extra space people have into cash for them. It's exciting to be at such a young company, work with so many passionate individuals who are striving to improve the CX and make the company successful. The company has the potential of other gigs like Airbnb, Doordash, or Uber. The company has a high-performance and transparent culture. Talking openly about the challenges we face and the success we're having. Right now there are a lot of personal growth opportunities both in the work you do and the position. The leaders of the company are some of the smartest I've worked with. They know the industry, they know each aspect of the company, and know the direction to take the company. They don't micro-managing their teams and empower people to move and try things out, but are aware of what's going on.

Cons

The main con, and it's only a matter of time until it gets better, is the benefits and compensation, but it's a young startup still with tremendous growth. It's hard to compete with some of these other tech giants with incredible benefits, and the leadership knows that and is working to improve it. In the meantime, they offer other aspects that are just as or more enticing IMO.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best culture I have been a part of

Jan 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Neighbor. I tell my wife all the time, this is the most fun I've had in my career. Top reasons: - Mission-driven. I feel very strongly about the mission to solve our Neighbors' biggest challenges. I think about my literal role as a neighbor in my community a lot differently because of my job at Neighbor. - Neighbor has the most tangible culture I've been a part of. It is aligned with our mission. If I had to describe the culture in one word, it would be "Community." Weekly company lunch (different than how most companies do it), quarterly hackathons, all-hands, sprint demos, and being in-person with the company 4 days a week has allowed us to build a truly amazing community of co-workers. - Strong leadership. Our three founders are young, but highly competent. Our senior leadership team brings a wealth of experience from Silicon Valley, the local area, and various tech industries. - High-performance culture. I feel like I'm working side-by-side with some of the best and brightest around. - We are in the sweet spot of the startup stage where I don't feel like I'm taking a big risk to join Neighbor. We have good salaries and good benefits; not top-of-market but I wouldn't expect that. On the other end, it's still early enough that I got a substantial amount of equity that I hope will lead to a very meaningful payout someday.

Cons

- I would love to see a greater focus on diversity in hiring, particularly in leadership roles. It is something we talk about and I know it's important to leadership, but the proof is in the pudding. That's it! I'm loving it right now.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews

Neighbor Reviews FAQs

Neighbor has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 33 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Neighbor to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Neighbor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Neighbor. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

96% of Neighbor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Neighbor 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Neighbor to be management, diversity and inclusion, senior leadership and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with Neighbor Job Seekers