Neptune Technology Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Don Deemer

1. "Great People Solid Company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Tallassee, AL

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People, Great Attitudes, Continuous Improvement, Forward Thinking, Exceptional Technology, World Class, Flexible Schedule, Great Job Security

Cons

Teams can be very unbalanced at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

2. "Neptune Review"

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time

Pros

The don't offer sick time, but they've been really good about working with you when you do need to go to the doctor or are sick.

Cons

Unless you're on the manufacturing side, there is generally no room for growth. It's a small town and a lot of people here have been in the same position for years. Their raises are below average too.

3. "Neptune"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallassee, AL

I worked at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers. Promote family time and restrict overtime salaried employees overtime

Cons

Mgmt turnover is high. Poor mgmt to employee relationships.

Advice to Management

Be more honest. Dont pay a consultant to help you improve then ignore every thing he says (wasn't me).

5. "Very good company to work for, great people, good culture"

Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Tallassee, AL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Tallassee, AL

I worked at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very family-oriented company, many employees with a lot of tenure, benefits are good. Promotion and long-term career opportunities are very good in most areas of the company.

Cons

At times it does feel like a "good old boy" network because of the long-time leadership and many friendships that seem to control/influence promotions, etc.

6. "The Best Kept Secret Near Auburn!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Tallassee, AL

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome company, amazing culture and work-life balance. Pay is more than the plants in Auburn Technology Park and GKN across the street. Benefits are top-notch and the work schedule is the best. Only a 4-day work week, off every single Friday unless you want overtime. The plant has 2 shut-downs, one for Christmas/New Year's and the other for mid-year 4th of July.

Cons

The people who have been there for a long time easily forget how good they have it at Neptune. They haven't been anywhere else and think it is better somewhere else. Those who leave to test the waters end up begging for their jobs back. Be grateful and do not take Neptune for granted, this company loves their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep seeking to grow and improve the Neptune system. It shows that you value your leadership when you seek positive changes in order to position Neptune for tremendous growth.

7. "Neptune is a friendly team oriented company where ideas are valued and employees hire to stay."

Current Employee - Engineer in Tallassee, AL

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was paid well and my work valued. Management valued my input, and let me run with my ideas. I was able to work both independently and with a team. I had 50/50 balance from being in factory, and at desk. This is defiantly a place you go to grow with the company. Average tenure was 18 years. Employees rarely had a frown on their face.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company. They are, in my opinion, a great company to work for, with little downside.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to never loose focus of employees, which many companies do. Neptune has an environment that fosters teamwork between all levels of company, and should remain so, even when trying to save money or instilling the lean manufacturing concept.

8. "Overall pretty good experience"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Tallassee, AL
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Tallassee, AL

I worked at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros:
    -Competitive pay and benefits
    -Very nice people to work with
    -Interesting/challenging projects

Cons

Cons:
    -They tend to keep too many people around who don't contribute or lack skills/motivation.
    -No incentives for meeting goals, project deadlines, etc.
    -Strict hours/no flex time, management watches the clock

Advice to Management

Focus more on employees, they are the ones who are going to make or break you in the end

9. "Could not ask for a better place to work!"

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time

Pros

Making the move to Neptune is the best decision I could have made for my career. GREAT group of people who are willing to help and support new employees. Stable company. Good benefit package. Lots of employee events throughout the year.

Cons

Neptune is located in a smaller town, but it is easily accessible and has less traffic, which is a plus.

10. "Stable company in a nearly barren small town with below average pay."

Current Employee - Software Design Engineer in Tallassee, AL
    Current Employee - Software Design Engineer in Tallassee, AL

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable Company.
    Younger Coworkers are good people.
    Good job security. They don't like firing people.
    They're technology stack is improving due to new people in the company pushing for better tools.

Cons

Lack of upward mobility
    Micro managing Software Development Directory who makes bad technology decisions.
    Below average salary
    Treats Engineers like factory workers.
    Tallassee, AL is a hole of a town.
    Attrition in Software is high due to management. Many people would leave if there were more opportunities in the area.
    As with most larger companies they have NO idea how to schedule projects.

Advice to Management

Treat Engineers like professionals. Listen to them when they make suggestions. Open an engineering building in a better town. Auburn is very close and you will attract MUCH better talent.

11. "Good place to work if you can get in with a satisfactory salary."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallassee, AL

Pros

Very close knit family feel the the company. Good and friendly atmosphere. Exec's are not above speaking to everyone even at the lowest levels. They had an excellent benefits package with a good 401k matching and great health and dental insurance. Location is great because it's not in a large metropolitan area so traffic is minimal and it's close to the Interstate. Overall it was a very pleasant place to work.

Cons

At least where I was there was little opportunity to advance without someone above leaving the company or retiring. Felt like I wasn't getting paid enough for my responsibilities and what I brought to the table.

Advice to Management

Pay more for your talent.