Neptune Technology Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Don Deemer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Wouldn't want to work anywhere else!"

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time

Pros

Neptune treats their employees very well and give them the tools they need to do their job well. Hours are great, and management actively engages with employees to find out what improvements need to be made--employees have a voice, here.

Cons

Typical benefits are pretty average.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. Employees need to know that they are listened to and have the freedom to speak their mind regarding the processes they are involved in. You're already doing a great job of this and supplying us with what we need to succeed!

2. "Great work place, has few downsides"

Former Employee - Engineer in Tallassee, AL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Tallassee, AL

I worked at Neptune Technology Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, Technologically advanced, large company with the small company feel

Cons

Location isn't good, very little room for promotion

Advice to Management

Narrow out the pyramid a little bit. Seems as if it's impossible to get a promotion without being there for 20 years

3. "Hourly employees overworked"

Current Employee - Hourly in Tallassee, AL
    Current Employee - Hourly in Tallassee, AL

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits
    Stable company
    If your a salary employee your a king or queen
    Management has it made
    Not alot more pros

Cons

No sick leave, little vacation, forced to take vacation to have a day off on the weekend, hourly employees live to work here, they don't care about hourly employees having a family life, if your hourly Neptune is your LlFE.

Advice to Management

Hire more hourly employees so people can have time off work with their families.

4. "Fast Pace And I Like It"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallassee, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallassee, AL

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time

Pros

Neptune is a company that has many opportunities in the technical realm. We are a mixture of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, and more. Employees are not limited to any specific field or department once they join the company. We are constantly engaging in new technology in order to provide our customers with better software and hardware experiences. Interdisciplinary teams are one of the ways we ensure that we are meeting our customers' needs.

Cons

We are located in a rural town outside of two major Alabama cities. The additional drive time can seem a bit long to many locals. However, if you are accustomed to living/working in any larger U.S. city, the rewards of working at Neptune Technology Group vastly outweigh the additional mileage.

Advice to Management

This is an exciting time at Neptune. We are building a great future for the company and its employees. With increased changes and growth in any company, communication between management and employee is important. Continue to keep the channels open and your employees will feel confident in their work and their future.

5. "Not Perfect But Darn Close!"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Tallassee, AL
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Tallassee, AL

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Sincerely positive work culture - management makes every effort to improve quality of work life and carries the best of intentions for employees.
    -Work-life balance - Neptune has a 4 day work week schedule which is rare for any major company especially in manufacturing.
    -Solid stable company - Been in business for 125 years and counting with solid steady growth.
    - Truly a great place to work - you can really enjoy the work and the people you work with if you choose to.

Cons

-Lacking diversity in upper management in every department across the board for the entire tenure of the company. This may deter some folks who have hopes for senior executive management, not likely here, but you still can have a strong career and make an impact.
    -Not much turnover - this is usually a good thing but just know that in order to prevent complacency you constantly need to reinvent the wheel to remain a thriving, ever growing and ever changing competitor.

Advice to Management

New CEO on deck who will continue to lead Neptune in first class innovation, service and quality. Know the talent you have leading for you very well and use the talent that is being under utilized more wisely. Stay transparent on Neptune's plans on growth and changes that will catapult us through the next 125 years.

6. "Was fun, met lots of people."

I worked at Neptune Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to travel and see how other organizations worked. I was promoted fast.

Cons

The traveling eventually got old.

7. "Great Time at Neptune"

I worked at Neptune Technology Group part-time

Pros

Good management, free lunch on weekends

Cons

Can be difficult to get hours

8. "Boring"

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time

Pros

Only good thing is the pay and ceo while being moderately close

Cons

Everyone is out to try to get you honestly its sad

Advice to Management

Stop hiring complete scumbags to work for you its sad

"Average Joe"

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time

Pros

Ability to move around, promote up if you meet criteria. The people are extremely helpful in all aspects relating to the job you perform.

Cons

Some of the older people have forgotten how blessed they are to have a great job. Hard sometimes to get them to do what actually benefits the company more than themselves.

10. "Great Place"

I have been working at Neptune Technology Group full-time

Pros

Company really cares about each and every individual employee there. There is a great team feeling. Management will really listen to your ideas and take them into consideration. Lots of opportunity for growth and development.

Cons

It is in a small, remote town with nothing in it. There is no gym on site or in the small town, so, depending on your job, you could wind up sitting all day from morning till night--not a very attractive thing for people who want to be healthy and active. Neptune tries to offer a good work/life balance, but this is offset by the amount of time required to commute and the fact that there is nothing to do in town.

Advice to Management

put in a gym! Otherwise, this really is a great place to work. Hard to complain.