NetLine Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Alvin

"Great Team Environment"

Former Employee - Content Specialist in Lansdale, PA
    Former Employee - Content Specialist in Lansdale, PA

I worked at NetLine (More than a year)

Pros

With only a handful of employees working out of the Lansdale, PA location, it is really a nice little family. Management encourages a healthy work/life balance and does a good job of promoting a fun office atmosphere with an open work space, ping pong table, and weekly off-site meetings. I felt comfortable asking questions and sharing ideas – which were always thoughtfully considered. Competitive pay, good benefits -- you can tell the company cares about its people.

Cons

I don't have any cons from the time I spent at NetLine.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor your employees and recognize their accomplishments – it’s one of the best parts about this company.

"worst job ever"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Edison, NJ

I have been working at NetLine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours are not so bad.

Cons

Low pay, high expectations.
    2 bathroom breaks.
    nasty supervisor, who ate and shopped online all day.
    can't be a half of a second late.

Advice to Management

Get rid of lazy supervisor.

3. "Creative Balance"

Current Employee - Audience in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Audience in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at NetLine full-time

Pros

Creative, entrepreneurial, bootstrapped, and focused on GSD. There's a scrappy can-do-anything approach and culture that's best for those that identify with those traits on a personal level. Tons of opportunity to influence the direction and growth of the company.

Cons

Long(ish) days. Being that the company is based in the Silicon Valley, we commonly run into days that carry over into completion from home. It's not for everyone. The ability to finish work remotely from home certainly helps.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward. The recent positioning refinements are motivating and hugely compelling. It's been a fun thus far helping to build #1 B2B Content Syndication Lead Generation Network...let's step on the gas.

"Easily the worst place I've ever worked for..."

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Edison, NJ

I worked at NetLine part-time

Pros

People are friendly for the most part, convenient location if you take public transportation. HR is nice. Plenty of incentive bonuses as well, although it does feel less like a work environment and more like 2nd grade with the spinning of the wheel and the gift cards.

Cons

Where do I begin? This is a call center, and there's the call center mentality that goes with it. Everything is a numbers game. "You should be able to get x calls in y hours." Getting past that is not hard, but it's never enough. If the average is 400, and you get 500, they want 600. Get 600...you need 700. There's a definite slavery treatment that goes with that. Employees are treated poorly. It's all about the clients/sponsors. The manager is a total idiot. He has absolutely no understanding of how a call center even works. His mentality is, "If it's free, why wouldn't they take it?" Let me explain how the "free offers" work: the people who are being cold-called apparently did research on a client's website, and they're being called about some free offers that can be sent to the e-mail that is already on file. Not sketchy so far, right? Well, if they do accept the offer, while it is true that they will get the free material sent to them, this also opens the floodgates for more crap. Consider it a trojan horse, but not of the virus variety. On top of that, the sponsors now have a "lead", so they can attempt to sell these same people stuff that they don't want. I call this telemarketing without the sale (but it will lead to one later). Avoid this place like the plague, and avoid Tradepub.com and whatever sister sites they may have as well.

Advice to Management

Not everything in life is a numbers game. You're looking at this with 5th grade math logic, when there's plenty of variables to consider too. "If it's free, why wouldn't they take it?" is also the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Unless you accept every free offer given to you online, in person, on the phone, or download every single free app that's on iTunes or Google Play Store for your smartphone. There's not a single person out there who would do that. If you have to have a certain quota met, here's another piece of advice: treat your employees with respect and like actual people. Happy employees want to work for you, and will get the job done. Miserable employees...not so much.

"Hard Pass. (For those doing research, you can find better)"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at NetLine (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with in the Austin office were great - give or take a couple individuals. Downtown location was nice. Making 200+ calls a day got me over my initial aversion to outbound cold-calling.

Cons

Management - incredibly unorganized, hostile when confronted with complaints or suggestions for improvement; micromanaged to death. Unfulfilled promises. Inflated commission estimations. Vacation policy - you start with no days and earn hours week by week. Business development processes (less about quality, all about quantity).

Advice to Management

Hire better managers (ones that don't come with a Napoleon complex); don't hire 6+ people only to lay them off a few months later; focus on your under-performing sales team.

"Ouch"

I worked at NetLine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

annual salary was competitive, solid staff in most departments, sound pricing strategy

Cons

inconsistencies with the way accounts are assigned and distributed to the sales reps, poor teamwork regarding the handling of accounts amongst the sales reps

Advice to Management

come up with a sound account distribution process

7. "Business Development Rep"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at NetLine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best reason for working at Netline and Wheelhouse was they were both Remote jobs working from home. Also, there are opportunities for uncapped commissions.

Cons

The only downside i can working for Netline was the lead sure provided, which made reaching commissions unreachable on monthly basis. Whereas Wheelhouse was totally different but because they decided to grow into a 15-20 employee Virtual CallCenter put adapter on reaching commissions as well.

Advice to Management

The one thing you will get from me is Loyalty and Tenacity.

8. "Great place to start a sales career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at NetLine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start if trying to further a sales career. Good leadership and create venues to allow you to get to know others in the company.

Cons

Commute is great unless you live in San Francisco.

9. "Core lessons on marketing and lead generation"

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at NetLine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional but relaxed atmosphere. Co workers are focused on achievement. Multiple marketing approaches and methods to master.

Cons

Pleasant place to work but little opportunity for advancement. Take what you learn and go.

Advice to Management

Grow

10. "Good company"

Former Employee - Sales in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at NetLine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Werner Mansfeld (President) is a great thinker and leader. Was always open to exploring new ideas.

Cons

Marketing services and lead gen in particular is a tough and fickle industry. One day your customers love you and the next they hate you. Can be perceived as a commodity, so there is price sensitivity to deal with from a sales perspective.

Advice to Management

Keep and reward good people. If something is working don't break it.