NetProspex Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
NetProspex CEO Michael Bird
Michael Bird

1. "Incredible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at NetProspex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership team really cares about employees and fights to do what is right for the people. This is a place where you could become an A-player while still having so much fun during the day. Many of the people felt like family.

Cons

No gym onsite, but there are running trails nearby and a shower. Other than that, such a killer place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

People are great to work with; an inventive and energetic environment. Can change things and make an impact. Daily challenges go along with daily support. I learn something new everyday. Upper management trustworthy and honest.

Cons

parking and commute to Waltham - say no more

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

"sales rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NetProspex (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent salary, good commissions, very good atmosphere. work hard play hard

Cons

no lead gen, no marketing

Advice to Management

hire an SDR team

5. "Lively and smart culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to move fast despite no longer being independent. Enjoyment and innovation are high on daily schedule. Management allows some grassroots when the ROI is worth it. Inter-team collaboration feels fluid.

Cons

Tech debt does limit some innovation, though it is not insurmountable. Getting involved with the tech community, aside from tech fests, would foster additional support for the "troops" to learn and apply great things.

"Great Experience and Team"

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just a very strong team of smart and talented people. EVERYONE is willing to help and everyone has good intentions and wants the best for the business. The company does not get in its own way as I've seen at other places. Instead, management allows people to do their jobs. The product set is fantastic and the direction of the company is clearly stated and everyone's on board.

Cons

Not many cons. I think the product development process could become more agile but I think we're on the path. Also, a little worried that the development team isn't empowered enough to come up with innovative ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Become a little more innovative by hosting tech jams, lunch and learns, etc. rather than making development work so transactional. Empower your developers to promote their ideas - they usually have the best ones.

"Great place to work, and grow career"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment, lots of company and career growth, hot market, "Big Data" on the resume. Company is small enough for individuals to have a big impact but big enough that the work is a team effort. Tech group works well together. Good salary & benefits. Management respects work/life balance. Work is challenging and interesting. Lots of learning experiences. Management is approachable.

Cons

Parking can be a pain, and there are currently several construction sites on the same road which can be annoying when coming/going. Limited lunch options in walking distance.

Advice to Management

More / better parking please!

"House of fools"

Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

Pros

the us data is good

Cons

sales management is thuggish, zero inbound leads, hold outs for 12 months, they turn over 30% of sales reps per quarter. total scorch and burn attitude to both employees and customers, yuck

Advice to Management

new sales management

"Great culture, hot market, growing team"

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management attention, employee engagement, culture and work environment. Also well positioned in a really hot market (marketing technology) so very dynamic place to be.

Cons

less formal reporting structures (good/bad) and parking can be a challenge (so get in early). no real training process but expected given size of company

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is seriously invested in your success as long as you give them 100% effort. Culture is great and the people are more like family than coworkers. CEO is by far one of the most down to earth people and will regularly be around the office and is more than approachable

Cons

As the company continues to rapidly grow there are some minor issues with space and time that management can dedicate to one individual. All to be expected with such high growth.

Advice to Management

Bring on/promote from within another manager or two to work as an extension of the existing managers.

"No better place to start my career than at NetProspex"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NetProspex is in high growth mode, which means there are always new people coming to join the team in our mission to help companies make their B2B contact database as complete and actionable as possible. With the frequent addition of new employees, the training never ends, even for the "veterans". I learn more and more about NetProspex and how to get better at my job every day because the people around me are always here to help. Asking questions, staying late, and contributing new ideas goes a long way. Invitations to company events are rewarded for your hard work and team outings are rewarded for group success.

Cons

- Parking can be an issue, but if you're here early enough it shouldn't matter. Unless you drive somewhere for lunch.
    - There is no 401K match program
    - Change/restructuring is always happening since we're a "start-up", but the changes don't happen too fast.

Advice to Management

Account Executives get a song of their choice played and their name displayed briefly on a TV for everyone to see when a deal of theirs is won. SDR's think we should have an opportunity alarm for when we create an opportunity for our reps.

Keep sharing your knowledge and spending time with the new employees. Daily and weekly meetings keep us focused and organized. Investing these efforts in us now will certainly pay off down the road.