Netfor Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Netfor President & CEO Jeffrey D. Medley
Jeffrey D. Medley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Bayonne, NJ
    Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Bayonne, NJ

I have been working at Netfor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work remote so for me that is already a pro. I have never seen the building or even the inside of it because I started off remote. From what I have been told or see on line Netfor seems like a very clean and well kept building. My co-workers are amazing even though I only talk to them through chat. I have made so many friends in the short time I have been here and only see myself making more. This is a great company to be in if you want to learn and move up from what I have been told. I have only been here a few months and have already been told it is a possibility.

Cons

The only con I would say is pizza and cake Monday/Friday should also be given to remote agents. There are a lot of times free food is offered in chat but us remote agents don't get that luxury. I think it would just be fair.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Also, make sure that when someone says they are ready to leap and move up you give them that chance. Don't just blow smoke and say ok in 2 weeks and 2 months passes and they are still in the same spot.

2. "Missed Opportunity"

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Catered lunches monthly
    +PTO accrual from the start
    +Really good quality coffee
    +Ability to work remote
    +Looks great on a resume
    +Good for the inexperienced
    +Relaxed office culture and dress code

Cons

-Opportunities for growth are slim
    -Upper management leads you on and never follows through with interviews or discussions
    -Pay is very low compared to rest of industry
    -Benefits are laughably bad
    -HR is a mess (there lack of)
    -Building is falling apart (supposedly new building is coming, but I've heard that since I started and has never happened)
    -Training (initial and ongoing) is very limited due to lack of training department/manager
    -Lots of upper management quits
    -High turn over rate
    -Clients have unreasonable demands of agents
    -No paycheck incentives to work harder
    -Workload is unbalanced and unfair
    -Very few one on one meetings with supervisors
    -Agents do not receive career pathing plans
    -Business doesn't feel like it's moving forward

Advice to Management

You've been around for 20+ years, this is not a startup company. You need to invest in your people who work the front lines. Pay them appropriately and realize what they deal with every day, if you want to know what it's like, pick up a phone and walk a day in their life, then you'll understand. Pay your people more, give them the tools to succeed (ongoing training that doesn't stop after the first 3 days), honor your commitments and follow through with your promises, and above all else listen to what your people are telling you! Give seasoned agents a chance to move upwards, nobody likes being on the phones for years, that's not what a lot of us came in here expecting. Get out of this building ASAP, it's embarrassing. Get clients that don't abuse agents and please try to go to an outbound model, we're not all call center customer service career professionals and have hopes and dreams that extend beyond being yelled at over a printer.

Also, please get your HR situation sorted out, it would be nice to actually have an HR department so we can bring up issues we have.

3. "Good Intentions"

I worked at Netfor full-time

Pros

Working at Netfor was a challenge some days but when I left work I could leave it at the door. I never had to think about work after I walked out of the building.

Management also made efforts to improve morale and make high performing employees feel recognized. They also had special things such as Pizza Fridays, popcorn and coffee.

One of the things I liked most about Netfor was the private workspace and relaxed dress code. As long as you were doing your job well and showed up on time everything was chill.

Cons

Two things can sum up the Cons...lack of growth and lack of opportunity.

Netfor is not a startup...they have been in business for over 20 years and it felt as though they were stagnant. Opportunities and promotions were often promised and never followed through on. That being said, with new leadership I think this could change in a positive direction.

There is a lot to be learned at Netfor and hopefully new leadership will find a way to recognize talent and utilize it.

Advice to Management

Be more strategic in how you hire and retain. Encourage employees to cultivate projects that might be highly valuable to the company in the long term. Making an investment in talent and industry knowledge is the only way the company can grow and be successful..

"Very Exciting Times"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Desk is maturing. There is a lot of upward motion for the company as a whole and new ideas are being reviewed and implemented almost daily. Other recent improvements include a new phone system and we will soon be moving to a new building with more space, features and a superior layout.

Four years ago I started as a Support Agent and now I'm one of the Team Leads. By being involved with the goings-on in the office and volunteering for every opportunity that came along I have had a very fulfilling and enriching experience here, and doors have opened for me because I wouldn't be satisfied by being just an asset in the Cube Farm. Teams leads (Myself included) and their management are extremely interested in helping the agents prosper and grow. Extensive systems are in place to support the agents on and off the call. Opportunities for Deskside support (As in, being deployed to the Client's office for personal, Hands on work) do come around periodically and everyone is invited to apply. At the time of this writing, we have three Agents deployed and another opportunity was just posted!

Cupcakes for birthdays, A company banquet every month, Free coffee and snacks and a relaxed Dress Code all show how the Company tried to keep the agents Confortable and happy. New hires are even given a Nerf Blaster to shoot co-workers and supervisors with!

Cons

Working in an Outsourced Support Call Center is a hard job. Not only do we have to have, follow and enforce out own rules and culture, we must also adopt and emulate the cultures of each of our clients. The work is difficult and meticulously detailed and it's easy to believe the pay isn't the greatest. It's a difficult Industry to work in. "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

It's a partitioned work environment so it's easy to be hidden behind a cubicle wall. A lot of work goes in to enhancing and enriching the agents as well as their time here, but many don't see it because they aren't seeing the money.

Advice to Management

Cut the Hype. Employees don't need to be reminded of how great the company is, or be told that about great and wonderful things that are happening that either have nothing to do with them or boil down to their jobs becoming more difficult. Share rewards and save the marketing for the clients.

5. "Fun place to work"

I worked at Netfor full-time

Pros

-Good people
    -Great location
    -Employees sometimes bring their dogs in to socialize
    -Regular meals/snacks provided by the company
    -Perfect starting job for IT

Cons

-Low pay for the average employee
    -Not particularly career worthy, there's no real room to move up
    -Health insurance offering is paltry at best, considering the immense cost

6. "Opportunity"

I have been working at Netfor full-time

Pros

NETFOR is a rapidly expanding company. From onboarding new clients to creating new job titles for employees, NETFOR has provided nothing short of an opportunity to grow with the company. What I have found, is that if your willing to put in the work, management will give you more opportunities. They have always put their employees first and try to give the company a "family" vibe. If you are looking to expand your horizons, NETFOR is currently in a position were new and hardworking employees are praised and very welcome.

Cons

Everyone is too nice I guess?

Advice to Management

Communication with employees is key. Many efforts have been made to fix the communication issue already, keep at it!

"Good place to work for if you're inexperienced"

Current Employee - Pleb in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Pleb in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, comfortable environment. If you barely know how to work a computer they have easy instructions for solving issues. If you know how to get away with BS on your resume they'll believe you and promote you to Team Lead. Its a great place to get away with doing nothing all day if you can schmooze with management.

Cons

Management is out of touch with the agents. There is also a lot of favoritism in the office with the current leadership and certain people get preferential treatment while the rest are working hard.

I've been here for almost 2 years with no attendance (never called off or was tardy) or job performance issues and was denied a raise. Management would not give me any feedback as to how I could earn the raise.

The owner of the company rakes in probably close to $400k a year but refuses to put that money back in the company. The current building they are in has constant issues with power failure and internet connectivity. There is mold, bad plumbing, a roof that needs to be replaced, and the carpet is _disgusting_.

Most employees here are stuck doing inbound even though they've been there for multiple years. They take many calls, one after another, without a break in between. They've implemented a new phone system recently and the audio quality is worse than their previous system. This is probably because the owner wouldn't shell out the money for a legitimate voice system and the hardware to go with it.

Current leadership is only concerned with making themselves look good by bringing in new clients, they are neglecting the clients they have. Current clients are unhappy with the lack of support they receive. Netfor points fingers instead of accepting responsibility.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. Get to know all of your employees, not just specific ones. Give employees who've been there awhile more opportunity to grow. Don't promote people who have less than 6 months at the company. Change your focus when it comes to clients, we know you can rally but can you sustain? A word to the owner: Stop being so greedy and nickel and dime'ing the company.

Netfor Response

May 8, 2017 – Human Resources

Dear current employee –

Thank you for sharing what you do and don’t like about Netfor. What we would honestly love more than anything, is if you would come talk to us in person. Our HR manager... More

8. "I've Never Been Treated Better By a Company"

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management actually cares about the employee. As in; actually listens to them and simply wants them to be happy...even if they aren't on a career track at Netfor.

I've never had a company so flexible with my schedule and understanding of my lifestyle. They understand that not every employee aspires to move up in the company or are career oriented. They appreciate that some people are simply comfortable working quietly in the position they are in.

That said, there is ample room for upward mobility. I've seen people skyrocket upward after just a few months on the job. Management recognizes your talents, skills and motivation and rewards them.

It's nice to see all the changes and progress at Netfor. Even if I'm not there forever, I wish them all the best, as they have wished the same for me.

Cons

I work remotely now, so the biggest "con" is not seeing my co-workers....and pizza Friday/Monday. ;-)

Advice to Management

Never stray away from your "human-centric" style, it's the thing that truly sets you apart as an employer.

"A lot of work to do"

I worked at Netfor full-time

Pros

Not a lot of pros but there are some loyal long-term employees. Newer leadership seems like it could be the difference and change that is needed but it will take a very long time. I've heard they actually are training agents now so that is an improvement.

Cons

Quite a few, but the highlights:
    I've never seen a company have to work so hard to make a client happy.
    Terrible environment - moldy ceilings and out-dated everything.
    Low pay but it is a call center so it's probably unfair to expect much.
    CEO - just nothing nice to say about him. I never met him but he didn't have a good reputation with the people I worked with.

Advice to Management

Sounds like things are improving so keep doing whatever it is you are doing!

"Ready to grow"

Pros

New President now in place who is positioning the company to grow to the next level. Leaders are more connected and truly listen to feedback, good and bad and adjust accordingly.

Cons

Company has outgrown its space but is looking to move soon to larger digs. New lines of service have been started and have been slow to gain traction .

Advice to Management

Keep listening to staff and encouraging career growth. Keep the fun culture in place, it makes an average paying job enjoyable to come to every day. Don't ever let that change!