Netfor Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffrey D. Medley

"Talent and Momentum"

Former Employee - Director in Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - Director in Fishers, IN

I worked at Netfor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

These people care and work every day to make a quality service for clients and staff.
    Leadership team is A-1.
    Client Success rocks.
    I was promoted several times as were many other people so there's definitely room to grow - and they value growth.

Cons

Maybe I should apply to work there again. More than one Pizza Friday per month would be nice!

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward! The growth rate is astounding and it's due to a focused and talented staff as well as a growing leadership team.
    If you are reading this and work there, don't leave. Stick around as this company is going places!

Netfor Response

Dec 8, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review of Netfor. Yes! We now have growth tracks for our employees and as we grow more opportunities will come around… and so will the food. We have switched our pizza days to ... More

"Good place to work for if you're inexperienced"

Current Employee - Pleb in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Pleb in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, comfortable environment. If you barely know how to work a computer they have easy instructions for solving issues. If you know how to get away with BS on your resume they'll believe you and promote you to Team Lead. Its a great place to get away with doing nothing all day if you can schmooze with management.

Cons

Management is out of touch with the agents. There is also a lot of favoritism in the office with the current leadership and certain people get preferential treatment while the rest are working hard.

I've been here for almost 2 years with no attendance (never called off or was tardy) or job performance issues and was denied a raise. Management would not give me any feedback as to how I could earn the raise.

The owner of the company rakes in probably close to $400k a year but refuses to put that money back in the company. The current building they are in has constant issues with power failure and internet connectivity. There is mold, bad plumbing, a roof that needs to be replaced, and the carpet is _disgusting_.

Most employees here are stuck doing inbound even though they've been there for multiple years. They take many calls, one after another, without a break in between. They've implemented a new phone system recently and the audio quality is worse than their previous system. This is probably because the owner wouldn't shell out the money for a legitimate voice system and the hardware to go with it.

Current leadership is only concerned with making themselves look good by bringing in new clients, they are neglecting the clients they have. Current clients are unhappy with the lack of support they receive. Netfor points fingers instead of accepting responsibility.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. Get to know all of your employees, not just specific ones. Give employees who've been there awhile more opportunity to grow. Don't promote people who have less than 6 months at the company. Change your focus when it comes to clients, we know you can rally but can you sustain? A word to the owner: Stop being so greedy and nickel and dime'ing the company.

"A good place for a student"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Noblesville, IN
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Netfor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed work environment. Games and practical jokes all around.

Cons

The pay is not the greatest, and the benefits are a joke. No upward mobility, unless you're cool with some people. Worked there 3 yrs, never once did I speak with the CEO...

Advice to Management

You may want to review the compensation plans and allow for people to have a change to move up.

"Nerf war anyone"

Current Employee - Staff in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Staff in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very relaxed environment. They have started to do career mapping with the staff and as the company grows we grow to!

Cons

It is very busy. But there is time for pizza and coffee!! We have really good coffee! There is also a pop corn machine.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to the employees

"Good people."

Former Employee - Support Agent in Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - Support Agent in Fishers, IN

I worked at Netfor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere. Supervisors were conscientious and always available to assist employees with any individual issues or problems. Pizza Fridays, free popcorn.

Cons

Growing pains during the time I was there. Netfor took on a large new client and inherited a set of inadequate knowledge base articles from whatever company had previously been supporting that client. Of course this was recognized, and the process to repair the KB articles was begun. But that can not be done overnight and it was difficult, at the time, working through a series of steps and having no resolution at the end for your customer. I have confidence that this problem was resolved by the Netfor staff.

Advice to Management

nothing relevant to say here

"Disappointment"

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual work setting, fun coworkers and flexible scheduling. I can usually get requested time off if I ask for it in advance. Knowledge Base and training resources are superior to other Help Desk jobs. But be careful, training time counts against you.

Cons

There is no guarantee on the number of hours you get per week. Combine this with low pay and poor benefits and it creates a lot dissatisfaction throughout the support team. When I took the job low pay was offered with promises of quick raises and advancement. A year later and I have seen neither. Others may have a better opinion but I would be cautious to take the raving reviews to heart. Even the perfect job has some cons.

Advice to Management

Create a better culture. Pay people well and reward good performance. Forty hours a week is not a reward for exceptional performance.

"Home"

Current Employee - Service Desk Agent in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Service Desk Agent in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relax environment
    Great Boss
    Great Coworkers
    Great Job

Cons

Low Pay and Need More positions

Advice to Management

Pay what We Deserve

"In my experience, Netfor honestly is the best company that I have worked for by far."

Current Employee - Remote Computer Technician in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Remote Computer Technician in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the office is friendly here. Management is always attempting to make it a fun environment to work in and they always accept ideas to try to improve. It is definitely a great place for new-coming computer technicians to start their career and/or for them to expand their career and knowledge for computers here.

Cons

The biggest challenge in working here is like any other Tech Support call center and that is the difficulty of the users/callers not having any knowledge about computers and attempting to solve an issue remotely and on the phone. But, that is work and many times you get a kick out of it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I really enjoy working here and would recommend friends and family to work here. Especially those whom are attempting to get their foot in the door of IT.

10. "Awesome place"

Current Employee - Support Agent in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pros: great atmosphere and culture. management goes well above and beyond what they are required in order to make sure everyone is happy and all needs are met. A lot of company incentives such as pizza friday, bi-weekly bonus opportunities based on performance, PTO accrual as soon as you start working, nerf gun battles (epic), free coffee, reduced prices on vending machines (25c sodas), etc. This company is awesome. Yes the pay is slightly on the low side, but it shoots up quick the longer you're here. Overall, I'm not upset to trade a bit of pay for such an awesome environment. Oh, almost forgot that typically you get to work overtime (which contradictory to some of these reviews is handed out like candy) from home!

Cons

Cons: The free coffee is too hot (?). Oh wait theres also free ice in the freezer. Darn.

Advice to Management

Continue to be awesome. I love my job and it would take a severe pay raise to get me to leave.

11. "A great place to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Support Agent in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Netfor is a fantastic place to come to everyday to learn, grow, expand your knowledge, and make friends. Netfor provides a pizza friday and cake friday once a month, they will contribute to company pitch ins for holidays, and management at Netfor are not corporate robots. This is a great stepping stone on your career path. Management is understanding and they will work with you to help improve yourself if you'res struggling.

Cons

Traffic sucks around rush hours times, but that's not the companies fault. There aren't very many advancement opportunities, but thats just the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and improving. It would be nice to provide advancement opportunities to strive for.