Nutrien Reviews | Glassdoor

Nutrien Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2019

3.6
Nutrien CEO Charles (Chuck) Magro (no image)
Charles (Chuck) Magro
Pros
Cons
  • "The work life balance is poor all the time - its a struggle to take any time off at all(in 5 reviews)

• "Several talented people where placed in the wrong position or let go(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company! Sound future!"

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Nutrien full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities for development and training. Skills learned here will help you achieve your career goals or be transferrable elsewhere if need be.

Cons

Nothing really - this is a sound company with good business fundamentals.

Advice to Management

Improve frequency and impact of leadership training.

Nutrien2019-07-18
  2. "Great place to learn and work."

I have been working at Nutrien full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers and upper management invests time into you as a person.

Cons

Sometimes feels unorganized and laying off a lot of employees due to market conditions.

Nutrien2019-10-15
  3. "Great Company- horrible into"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Nutrien full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, wage, environment

Cons

lost as a new employee, there should be procedures in place to have someone else set up new employees systems " do you have Cassport?" I don't even know what that is. same for signing up for a company credit card, Fleet, Month End Reports, Tap etc. either someone should do this for them or there should be a list. I don't know what i'm not knowing to do. hope our audit goes ok :o|

Advice to Management

if there are guidelines and checklist.... I haven't found them. Although, its been bearable because the people are so amazing the beginning here has been rocky.

4. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Nutrien full-time for less than a year

Pros

Although relatively new to the organization, I really appreciate the support and the available training. So far its been a steep learning curve but I am really enjoying it.

Cons

none so far that I can think of

Advice to Management

keep up the direction you're going.

Nutrien2019-10-15
  5. "Growing Rapidly and a Lot of Room For Growth"

Current Employee - Busineess Analyst in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Nutrien full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Decent salary - Innovative work environment - Opportunities to make a difference - Competitive bonus structure

Cons

- Benefits could be better (maternity leave is below industry standards but I believe I heard that it was changing) - No Dependent Care FSA available - Onboarding is lacking, even getting on company-wide distribution lists takes follow up through several people and several weeks

Advice to Management

Improve onboarding, maternity and paternity leave still needs improvement- is far below industry standards and hard to even understand

Nutrien2019-10-10
  6. "Great company"

I worked at Nutrien

Pros

Great pay, benefits, 401k, holidays, pto

Cons

None to name at this time.

Nutrien2019-10-06

"St. Paul Branch - Very Poor Management"

I have been working at Nutrien full-time

Pros

-Helpful individuals at other branches -Excellent communication and help from the staff in Loveland -Very helpful and knowledgeable Assistant Manager -System is easy to learn and use

Cons

-Lack of training -Negative office environment -Power struggle in the office -Assistant Manager is not treated as an assistant manager -Select employees are played "favourites" -Very poor branch management -Limited structure -Limited respect -Pay is low for the amount of responsibilities

Advice to Management

My advice to division management would be, invest your time and money into a manager who has an agricultural background. As well, the St. Paul branch needs a manager who lifts all of their employees up to see everyone strive and be successful. There are positive attributes and employees which make this office successful, but the negative ones drag it down. It's sad when you hear customers complain about the... management as well.

Nutrien2019-10-18
  8. "Growing Company That Cares About Their Employees"

Current Employee - Accountant in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Nutrien full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nutrien is truly trying to be one of the top employers and I think they are on their way. They care about their employees by offering good benefits, several employee resource groups, and opportunities for education and growth. I look forward to going to work because of the great people that work here.

Cons

Communication has been a pain point in the past but they are making great strides to be open and communicative with their employees.

Nutrien2019-09-18
  9. "Exceptional company"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Nutrien full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company has an emphasis on safety, inclusion and diversity. They offer great career opportunities and advancement within the company

Cons

No cons to mention. Great place to work.

Nutrien2019-09-13

"Care about our well being!"

Current Employee - Safety in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Nutrien full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pay is descent and the benefits are very inexpensive. Good conservative people working here. Fun and good people in the field like a family.

Cons

Safety is a joke. We have safety minutes to discuss when we join a call but the program is screwed up and managed badly. They terminated one poor safety leader and left two bad directors still here. They ignore all reports we provide and then ask us to go on here to give them a good rating because HR was telling them about the complaints. I didn't even know about this site but since they asked us to go on and give... a good report of safety, I will now use this site to tell the truth as this covering up the truth has to end. Bring in someone better than the two senior directors running the show in Colorado. They lie and don't care. I just hope I don't get fired for doing this note . I was warned that they will run you out if we complain outside the department.

Advice to Management

Help us fix it. One of the three was not enough. It is worse now. I typed my location on this report saying I am in Loveland because that is where the problem is. Also, if I write down the area I am in, they will know who I am and fire me.

Nutrien2019-08-29

Nutrien Response

August 30, 2019Senior Manager, Listening and Performance

You’ve raised some important and concerning issues in your review. As a reminder, safety is a core value at Nutrien, and nothing we do is more important than operating in a safe manner. We strongly encourage employees with safety concerns to bring these issues to their leader. If action is not taken, these concerns can be taken directly to your Executive Vice President, or to our confidential Ethics and Compliance hotline. Our Code of Conduct also strictly prohibits retaliation for any form of good faith reporting. All reports are taken seriously and investigated immediately, and we will never terminate an employee for making a report in good faith. At Nutrien, we believe it’s important to give all employees a voice, and to place action behind this belief, we do ask employees to submit reviews on Glassdoor. We make it clear that we want all reviews – good and bad, as this is how we get better as an organization. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to submit this review, thank you.

Found 118 reviews