OSTCS Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Could be better"

Current Employee - Tech Agent in Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Agent in Covina, CA

I have been working at OSTCS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're the type of person that doesn't like to move around too much then you'll love this job because you're literally sitting in a chair for 8 hours. It's also good tech experience for those of you in computer related fields.

Cons

Policies change on a weekly basis. If you're not an adaptable person this is definitely not the job for you, not to mention for the workload that is expected of you minimum wage seems highly unreasonable. You are expected to meet quotas outlines by management. Whether or not that amount of work is available does not seem to be of much concern to them. The cases we receive are outsourced by Advanced Tech Support, so if on a slow day we don't receive a lot of work we are still held accountable.

Advice to Management

Pay is probably a common complaint in any job, the thing that was extremely frustrating was when management would mention pay raises, or incentives that never seemed to be implemented. Don't feed your employees lies to get them to be more efficient.

"Do Yourself A Favor - Keep Looking Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Remote Desktop Technician in Covina, CA

I worked at OSTCS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Popcorn machine
    Free coffee/tea
    Hang around other nerds all day
    Occasional taco truck comes to visit
    You will learn how to fix computers and manually remove malware

Cons

* Extremely underpaid for the amount of work required
    * Training is a joke and does not incorporate what you will actually deal with on a day to day basis.
    * Company will constantly promise better things to come (raises, company growth, new breakroom) but it never happens.
    * No paid holidays. If you work Christmas, guess what? No extra pay
    * No paid vacations. Ever. We were promised that would change for years and it never did.
    * An entire department was fired recently because the client was sued by the FTC and shut down operations.
    * As a result, the lack of income generated from that client adversely impacted the company's profits so techs from other projects were let go to make company more profitable. Now, there are less employees working, but techs are expected to handle the same call flow as before.
    * Job requirements change all the time. We are constantly expected to perform more work, for the same amount of pay.
    * There is pretty much no room to grow, other than a floor lead position.
    * They don't accept the normal polite two-weeks notice to quit. If you give them two-weeks, you are done working instantly. They don't trust employees to not be spiteful.
    * Loyalty is not rewarded. You may have worked for years, done everything asked by Management, and they will still let you go or offer you meager wages.
    * Employees are paid depending on how many cases closed - yet management refuses to disclose the exact formula to determine wage. This has been requested for years by employees. Contrary to the five-star reviews, it is NOT spelled out clearly in your paycheck.

Advice to Management

Listen to what remaining "Senior" employees you have left. Do you wonder why there is no one "good" left? Everyone who helped build the company has left because you refuse to reward loyalty, hard work, and dedication. You view everyone as expendable, and you are quick to fire someone. After all, the less number of employees working for you is more profit in your pocket.

"AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!"

Former Employee - Remote Desktop Technician in Covina, CA

I worked at OSTCS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a foot in the tech-industry door
    You get to be around a bunch of other nerds
    Popcorn machine

Cons

Policies are constantly changing
    Work expectations increase with no monetary reward
    They fire people all the time, then expect remaining employees to cover their work plus their own.
    Severely underpay their employees ($10/hr is their base)
    They say they value their employees, but you are simply expendable to them.
    No paid vacation or paid holidays.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees - especially the few remaining Senior-level employees who still work for you.
    Your tech-manager really doesn't know what he is doing and is extremely lazy - get rid of him.
    You need to hire competent people - not your best friends (or family).
    Treat your employees like you care about them: paid vacations, higher wages. Popcorn and taco trucks doesn't cut it.
    If you raise the work expectations (18 cases minimum per day vs 10 cases minimum per day), raise the pay rate.
    Don't take on clients who end up being sued by the FTC

"Terrible company to work for"

I worked at OSTCS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not physically demanding. There is no dress code. The break room is nice.

Cons

They started me off at $8 an hour. To me, this shows that they do not value their employees. They expect you to have customer service skills as well as have a technical aptitude for the job, but yet they only pay you what they are legally required by the state. I was fired from this job, and they told me that they “Didn’t know why." I was fired from the company without being told the reason. If I did something wrong, how am I expected to learn from the mistake (if any) that I made? I am unable to learn from it, because they refused to tell me what the reason was. In the end, the real mistake was me accepting this job. I read the reviews that were written about this company and saw that almost all of them were negative. At the time, I just figured that the reviews written here were just being written by disgruntled ex employees who had an axe to grind. Well, it turns out that OSTCS really is that bad of a company to work for.

Advice to Management

Don't fire people without providing them a reason. Show that you value your employees by paying them above minimum wage. It will go a long way in showing that you value your employees. It doesn't have to be a lot more, maybe just 25-50 cents more an hour? Hey, what do I know, I'm just the disgruntled former employee who was fired (for no reason).

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!"

Former Employee - Tech in Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Tech in Covina, CA

I worked at OSTCS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

coworkers are friendly that's just about it until your coworkers get fired without reason.

Cons

Just about everything, this company is one of the most unprofessional companies I had ever work with, like the previous person mention this place is an unorganized circus, they expect you to meet a quota for each day that you work, change the rules on a daily bases fires an entire staff then rehires on a constant basis.

Advice to Management

should find replacements for themselves.

6. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Tech in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Tech in West Covina, CA

I have been working at OSTCS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if ure good at what u do, and you ask questions, and u do it quickly, and can multi task and talk on the phone and work at the same time, and have good people skills, and real tech experience and background, you can actually make decent money here. management and coworkers are very helpful with problems and collaborating, pay scale is broken down quite well despite other people's reviews, good scheduling if u request time in advance, kitchen has free tea/coffee/2 fridges/hot water/filtered water, parking is great, the view from the building is nice, air conditioning/heat is well, work space is sufficient, and they are good at firing people who are stupid and lazy and rude.

Cons

bathrooms are gross, health coverage is nice but it's HMO which is gross.

"Unorganized circus"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covina, CA

I worked at OSTCS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The five star rating is clearly written by management to bump up the rating. The only pro is the people working there.

Cons

Everything is very unorganized. Your hours are cut at any given time with little notice. No vacation, sick time, and no holiday bonus pay. The pay structure is not broken down for you on your pay check, so there is no way of determining if you are getting screwed. The owner just makes countless empty promises and boast about opportunities that will never exist. The training is almost useless as the trainer doesn't work the floor. The training also does not prepare you for the actual work and for a job that bases your pay on the number of tickets you do, it doesn't help your pay.

Advice to Management

Stop making empty promises to employees. Get freakin organized. The owner needs to open his eyes and shut his mouth. Stop expecting unrealistic numbers from your employees. Get a well developed system in place because it not only hurts the business but It makes it especially hard on your employees.

"My Opinion of Working at OSTCS"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Covina, CA

I worked at OSTCS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are some of the best people I've ever been around. They had to be in order to put up with the constant uncertainty surrounding our work with OSTCS

Cons

The cons were obvious. While we were all happy to have a job in the midst of a poor economy, our hours were constantly being changed (once I found out that our entire shift's hours had been reduced by 40% via email). The owner was incredibly janus-faced, constantly talking up non existent opportunities while failing to treat people like adults.

Advice to Management

Show some genuine respect for your work staff; stop treating them like cattle and make some effort to be honest.

9. "call center"

Former Employee - IT Tech
    Former Employee - IT Tech

I worked at OSTCS (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool and friendly people, no dress code, computers are new, able to bring keyboard headset from home

Cons

low pay, small break room

10. "Technical Support Agent"

I have been working at OSTCS part-time

Pros

- very flexible with scheduling

Cons

- no room for growth
    - does not care for employees
    - bathroom is very unsanitary (did not have soap in the bathroom for more than 6 months)
    - management does not follow through with vision and plans

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your employees.