OppSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Dan Metzger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent Company Culture-Start Up"

Former Employee - Demand Creation Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Demand Creation Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at OppSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership listened to my ideas and implemented some of them. I respected their experience and direction. I felt the company was headed for growth.

Cons

Can take over a year to move out of the call center role. I would say it is worth the wait if you're patient. Start Up feel leaves many opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Get rid of problem clients.

2. "Started great, went downhill"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at OppSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of potential to do some great things. Big ideas, great background from the founders, plenty of sales opportunity in a diverse Minneapolis market.

Cons

The leadership is very difficult to navigate. The three founders do not always agree and decisions can be reversed as quickly as they are made. The two halves of the company are very separate and it's difficult to feel like you're a part of a solid team. Communication is lacking almost entirely.

"Difficult situation sadly"

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at OppSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have smart people that have industry experience and decent vacation package.

Cons

I agree with the former employees reviews from a few years back. Unfortunately things have gotten worse. Back then it sounded like clients would stay for a year and now it's down to six months on average. I was a top performer but let go due to a major client leaving, which also resulted in three other being laid off at the same time. There is a major disconnect between managers and employees. Sadly I don't see this company staying afloat for too long.

Advice to Management

Please please keep managers for more than 3 months and focus better on client needs. Constant turnover is hurting this business that could have been a good one.

"Fast paced - High Energy - Fun workplace"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

We get to share our ideas, we are recognized for our contributions, and it is a fun place to work. We do have some tough assignments but are given resources and support to achieve our objectives. Our President calls us together every Monday morning to recognize a huge contributor for the past week, give an update on the week ahead, and provide a forum for sharing ideas.

Cons

It is a small business and your work (or lack thereof) is highly visible. It is no place to work if you expect to just "hang out" and not work hard.

Advice to Management

Keep selling more deals so we can keep on growing. I love my job!

5. "Not Sure, But Might Be Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

We are a small nit team albeit growing quickly, that is very passionate about what we do. We are all here to make a difference and we enjoy the challenge of helping our clients grow.

Cons

As a small company, we have to wear lots of hats sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! We love it here.

"I have been working here over 5 years - Great Culture, Great People, Great Opportunities."

I have been working at OppSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership is excellent. They are so experienced and knowledgeable, I would pay money to take a class from them. The work/life balance is wonderful, the casual atmosphere is an ideal place for brainstorming and coming up with creative and innovative ideas. There are spaces to work outside on a sunny day and a team that is more than willing to help you when you need it.

Cons

Because our company is almost like a family, a negative employee can take a lot of focus off of work that needs to get done.

Advice to Management

Continue sharing your advise and leadership, you have a very eager staff that values your experiences and ideas.

7. "Good company to start a career with!"

I worked at OppSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Pros of Oppsource are that it is a great place for someone new getting into the lead generation career to start at. Laid back and casual atmosphere. This is a great place to strengthen your sales skills.

Cons

The Cons also include the laid back and casual atmosphere, because it allows for drama to happen since there is no HR present. It is employment at will and sometimes you need to let poisonous employees go, even if you think they serve a good purpose to the company. It will only bring down the morale of the others around down, and that is a hard thing to fix. Not too much room for growth, but as the company grows, I can see this changing.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is just that, make sure you have positive employees that can take accountability and that are able to deliver the company's core values. Office culture is great, but sometimes you need to celebrate the small successes more, rather than wait for the big ones.

8. "Great entrepreneurial work environment"

I have been working at OppSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company where the pace is fast and where you get to wear lots of hats. So many great things are happening and a great group of employees who care deeply about our clients. If you want a work environment where you can make a difference and grow your career, this is a nice place to work.

Cons

Management has too much patience with bad contractors and employees. The bad apples tend to spoil the morale of us good employees. the too long.

Advice to Management

As we grow, focus on hiring employees with positive attitudes, smart, strong work ethic and who are a cultural fit.

"A Great Place To Work"

I have been working at OppSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the former employees who have left seem to want to vent their frustrations by abusing the anonymous nature of this site's reviews. The truth of the matter is that most of the issues they complain about seem to have disappeared since they've left the company. Maybe that is just coincidence, maybe they were part of the problem. In either case, I find this company a wonderful place to work where anyone can step up, make a difference and get recognized for it.

Cons

Small company where everyone knows everyone's business. If you don't like a small companies where sometimes you wear lots of hats, have lots of change, and sometimes have lots of work to do -- you should probably avoid this company.

Advice to Management

Keep searching for and hiring talented people and focus on making sure they all know how and when to row.

10. "Lack of communication"

I have been working at OppSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was nice considering the level of experience I had when I first started with the company. Very close team in my department. I enjoyed the people on my team. It was sad to see so many go, yet happy they moved on to a better place.

Cons

No communication what so ever with upper management, even after a special meeting was held to tell us there would be more communication and openness. Constant blame for failure put on one department of the company when there was very little knowledge of that department's interactions from those placing the blame. This created a lack of vision for company goals and in the end loss of motivation as well. Clear separation between call center and the rest of the company. For a company of only about 25 employees I find it very sad that you could pass someone in the hall and they could barely make eye contact with you if you were from another department.

Advice to Management

Become more in tune with what is going on within the "whole" company. Stop playing favorites because it is blinding you.