PRO Club Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Mark Dedomenico

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management has very outdated ideas of appropriate management" (in 6 reviews)

• "I've heard many people relate it to high school, which couldn't be more accurate" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Five Star Employer"

Current Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at PRO Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They paid for my Pilates certification. The company also pays for my Personal Training and Group Fitness certification renewals.

There are so many opportunities for clients and the ability to teach classes.

I get positive interactions with my boss at least once a month.

I have fun everyday.

I love the people I work with across the company. I work with the most talented group of personal trainers and group fitness instructors.

Big perk of having a membership for myself and another one to give to whoever I want. It is wonderful to be able to workout at the premier heath club in the northwest.

Every day is different challenging and exciting.

My job gives me the opportunity to have a positive impact on people's lives and make a difference every day.

We have the pleasure of inspiring people to better health and fitness everyday.

I see people who use our services become the best versions of themselves. It is so rewarding to see this knowing that I have helped in their success.

401K with match, medical and dental are very good.

Cons

Vacation pay could be higher.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Oct 31, 2018 – PRO Sports Club

Thank you for dedicating more than five years of your time to our members as a personal trainer! We love hearing that you have fun every day on the job - this is something we try to achieve for each... More

"Good place to come as a member, but not the place to set your roots down to work as a career."

Current Employee - Departmnet Supervisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Departmnet Supervisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at PRO Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was great to build friendships and connections that will likely build your career; there's room to move around the company if there's a department you prefer joining. Free gym membership and some free fitness classes, discounts on products from each department, and overall learning to make health and fitness a way of life instead of a chore or negative punishment. There are also some great individuals who really care about you and try to help you move forward with your goals, making for greater friendship bonds, and as always Dr. Mark's famous "Life Advice" speeches at the Christmas party.

Cons

Working under an umbrella company like PRO Club, it's really difficult working in many of the departments, because you rely so heavily on any number of departments to do your job, but upper management doesn't care that you have impossible expectations, they just want it done, so think of the high stress, little to no reward from all the hard work you do; If you're a rock star, you have a growth mindset, you want to make a difference and accomplish a lot of great things, then PRO Club is NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!

Advice to Management

If there was any advice I could give to management throughout PRO Club, I'd say It'd be nice if the PRO BEST theme and the initial HR training were integrated into the departments better.

After initially going through the HR training I was SUPER excited to work for a well-organized company that modeled it's training after the "Disney" cast member training, but when I got into work that first week, and then every day thereafter it was a HUGE let down, to see that it wasn't like working for a structured company that had a great training program and well defined procedures to model success, it was just a bunch of "departments" that acted like startup companies that were about to go under, but don't change things around cause the big "umbrella company" will just bail me out; that's a Major Red Flag! I say that because it creates this whole atmosphere where you have the lower management who aren't doing a great job in their roles, but can't be fired and replaced, so in consequence the upper management just creates high stress, toxic environments with little to no rewards for them regardless of any improvements that are made thus in the end nobody wins and you have a high turnover rate.

3. "Good first job out of college"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at PRO Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facility and especially since the front has been redone. Nice free club membership. Wearing a uniform makes it easy to know what you're wearing everyday. Relatively flexible schedule, you'll need to work split shifts though so 6am-10am and evenings 4-8pm. Bosses are hands-off so you need to be self-motivated. Pay is good for the industry but typical industry pay is horrid.

Cons

Commission job but requires a college degree for the position. Your pay will suffer during snowstorms, holidays and summer. So you will have constant income anxiety. Don't expect to make good money in this industry, period. Management will distort pay in interview but you need to factor in cancellations of clients. Client's cancel ahead of time, you don't get paid.

Very low career mobility upwards in this position.

Advice to Management

Management is actually good. Friendly and pretty supportive.

"They preach the Disney model of customer service, but much of management does not live it."

I worked at PRO Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, a good place to work. Facilities need cosmetic updates (greco roman theme is horrible, and carpet should never be in a locker room for infection control purposes) but facilities are in good shape and equipment is immaculate. They offer good benefits for many positions and the staff/managers are good overall. Many people stay simply because the pay is outstanding.

Cons

Upper management has very outdated ideas of appropriate management. The highest levels have a definite yin/yang relationship that is palpable and leads to issues for staff and mid-level managers.

Jan 23, 2019 – PRO Club

Thank you for dedicating more than five years of your time to PRO Club! We highly appreciate your contributions and positive feedback regarding our equipment, benefits, and financial compensation. As... More

5. "OK Company"

I worked at PRO Club full-time

Pros

You will meet some of the best people there! Good benefits, good advancement opportunities, room to grow, etc.

Cons

The higher up management are not good people.

Advice to Management

Get new senior-level management.

Jan 14, 2019 – PRO Club

Thank you for dedicating your time to our PRO Club community! We greatly appreciate the time you spent with us and the positive impact we are sure you had on our members. We agree that both our... More

6. "Administrative Assistant"

I worked at PRO Club full-time

Pros

Free membership and great people

Cons

Wages could be more competitive

Dec 13, 2018 – PRO Club

Thank you for your review and for the time you dedicated to our members at PRO. We agree that the free membership is a significant perk and that out community of employees add to our corporate... More

"Junior Stylist Program"

I worked at PRO Club full-time

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay.

Cons

I was hired on as a junior stylist with prior experience solely in men’s hair. They show you what to do then you are tested on everything without going through what exactly you are being tested on. After a week they fired me because I failed a portion of the test. They tell you one day they want you and if you fail then they will make you go through the portion with extra education again. That was a lie. There was a lot of confusion in scheduling as well. Just be wary if you get hired on you are on thin thin ice.

Advice to Management

If you hire someone on you should focus on training them not testing them. A week is not long enough to be fully educated and comfortable with something. Unbelievable and a waste of time.

Dec 11, 2018 – PRO Club

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. Our Junior Stylist Program is fairly new and therefore we appreciate the feedback as we continuously strive to improve the program. In our... More

8. "This Company Rewards Hard Work"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PRO Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Free gym membership. Second to none teamwork/community. Opportunities for promotions. Great leadership in my department.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind for me. I'm very happy to have found this company after college.

Advice to Management

Trust your directors. Nobady knows their department and well as the directors. The Seattle management team knows the building like the back of their hand. Before making a big change always go over it with the relevant team and trust their opinion. They spend 40+ hours a week in their respected departments.

Oct 31, 2018 – PRO Sports Club

Thank you for dedicating more than three years to our members and our community at PRO Club! We are happy to hear that the teamwork and community aspect of our close knit cast has been rewarding. We... More

9. "Personal Trainer"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at PRO Club full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job focused on positive in the world: improving people's health and fitness. Meet lots of interesting people and have access to a ton of knowledge and great equipment.

Cons

Like any job you have frustrating days due to bureaucracy.
    Change sometimes feels slow but often I've found for good reason.

Advice to Management

Continue to look to lead not follow.

Oct 30, 2018 – PRO Sports Club

Thank you for dedicating more than 10 years of your time to PRO Club as a personal trainer! That is quite a feat and we are grateful for the positive impact you have made on our community. Our... More

10. "Fantastic People, working hard together to create exceptional experiences and improve lives"

Current Employee - Group Fitness Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at PRO Club full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Morally fulfilling
    Great Benefits
    Lasting Relationships
    Competitive Pay
    Rewards hard work and dedication
    Amazing Human Resources always there for support and guidance

Cons

If you don't enjoy wearing a uniform or looking and acting professional, do not work here.

Advice to Management

Continue to do a great job of holding people accountable for our standards of show readiness and enthusiasm and respect towards members, guests and cast members.

Oct 30, 2018 – PRO Sports Club

Thank you so much for dedicating more than 8 years of your time to our PRO Club community! We agree that working for PRO is fulfilling in many ways and leads to lasting relationships both with fellow... More