Parallel HR Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Dash

1. "EXCELLENT RECRUITING COMPANY"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Parallel HR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working with Sara Ryndfleisz - she was AMAZING to deal with. She got me a great job and I'll be forever grateful!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

2. "I'm a Re-hired Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Parallel HR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for this company twice and was re-hired last fall. As a recruiter quality counts. In terms of clients and jobs this company has really turned around. There's much more volume, client contact, and the candidates have a higher engagement because they really like the jobs we're submitting them to. The healthcare plans have improved this year. Parallel has worked with me and my personal situation to provide flex time etc.

Cons

There's definitely times recruiting gets stressful from many things up in the air. Most of being a Recruiter involves dealing with low grade frustration and letting it all roll off.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Parallel HR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NOTHING !!! what a Joke of a company.

Cons

The Joke starts and ends with the CEO/President Michael Dash (don't call him Mike, or he yells at you). Mike leads the company like a child, he has zero management skills and he is a horrible human being. He tried 3 times to screw me out of earned commissions for sales - he tried to take credit for my hard word. Do NOT work for MIKE !!!

Advice to Management

Sell the Company - Treat people with some respect - Dont fudge your numbers so you can get another "Utah's fastest growing companies" award -

"About ParallelHR :( different crooked !!!"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Parallel HR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parallel HR Solutions is a good company to work with due to following reasons:-

1. Working environment is well and good.
    2. Opportunity to explore talent & to make good communication skill.
    3. Lot of Training's provided those who understand best for them.
    4. Salary providing good and enough

Cons

1. Very bad organization to work with for a long term.
    2. Employees are not satisfied to work on PHR either say on Utah or in Nashik location because of more micro management.
    3. Previously everything was fine but day after day all things are spoiled. There is some messed up with the organization.
    4. The employees those who works with are not satisfied.

Advice to Management

Need to be established a good relationship with all the employees, because they works as a family. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. If it ain't broke, don't fix it & Look before you leap.

6. "A great boutique IT recruiting firm"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Murray, UT

I worked at Parallel HR full-time

Pros

Experienced management that provides excellent training. Competitive comp plan. Great recruiting tools. Great list of clients.

Cons

I'm an outside sales guy. Sitting at a desk all day isn't for me. If, however, you don't mind sitting at a desk this is a great place to recruit for some of the top companies.

7. "Training and sourcing tools"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Management provides access to a lot of sourcing tools, and they are willing to walk away from bad clients, at times. Sales is generally pretty thorough about vetting jobs. They do frequent training as well.

Cons

The environment could be chaotic at times, processes were changed too frequently and roles shifted around which made it difficult to get into a rhythm.

Advice to Management

Give processes a chance to work before you change them again. Delegate more authority to middle management.

8. "Loved working at Parallel HR!"

Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Murray, UT

I worked at Parallel HR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recently I resigned my position as a recruiter with Parallel HR due to the loss of a love one and realizing I needed to put “me” first in all areas of my life! 2015 has been a difficult year for me personally; but what really mattered was the support I received from upper management, down to the newest recruiter. I will always Love the people I worked with at Parallel HR, from CEO-Michael Dash, my Manager-David Derby and HR-Brittany Davies along with everyone else. We all know when searching for a job it’s tempting to look at online reviews right away and while glowing reviews may encourage you to look closer at a company, bad ones can hinder your interest, but please maintain perspective and keep in mind that an unsatisfied employee is more likely to actively look for a place to vent his frustrations about his company than a happy employee looking to sing its praises.

For that reason, I recommend you hold off on reading reviews until you interview. Once you interview, your overall opinion of the company should come from your interaction with those you meet with and your enthusiasm for the position.

Cons

If recruiting is the career opportunity you’ve been searching for Parallel HR is a great company to work for. Just be aware that being a recruiter is not for the faint of heart, you’ll need to be focused, dedicated, put in the time, believe in yourself, and subsequently you will have a enjoyable & lucrative career with Parallel HR!

"The Dash Hack"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Watch out! This place is a hack job. They are bottom feeders....you don't get any feedback from management. Total sink or swim....small benefits. Dog eat dog culture. If you want to survive, you had better be willing to throw your buddy under the bus!

Cons

If you are a bottom feeder, love a cutthroat environment, and hate positive feedback...this is the place for you! You must also compromise on quality.

Advice to Management

I hope you run yourself into the ground! Pathetic you have to lie about your numbers to get into the magazines.....it was a good company until the change of ownership.

"Great place to work if you are willing to put in the actual work"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Parallel HR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ParallelHR is a place where you can advance your career if you come into it with the mindset of working and not looking for a handout. I left the automotive industry after working in it for over 15years with the aspirations of making it in the technology staffing industry and ParallelHR has given me the resources and opportunity to do so

Cons

Not the place for you if you are looking to just go through the motions and expect to have your hand held forever

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and excellent resources that you offer your employees

"If you want to make money in recruiting, this is a good place to do it."

I have been working at Parallel HR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked in the recruiting industry for over 5 years and for Parallel HR for more than 2. I have never worked with a better sales staff and had more access to tools to make me successful than with Parallel.
     - A sales team that isn't afraid to walk away from "bad" or "un-fill-able" jobs. They don't pad the sheet with tons of jobs that they don't have direct contact with managers on....or large vendor management systems where you are competing against 20 other companies.
     - Training is excellent. All companies have the mentality of "get on the phone"....but few actually train recruiters on technique (more than just handing out a phone and a script) as well as they do. There is access to unlimited training resources online, mentors in the company, and "how to" documents in the archives....along with books on sales and recruiting that are available free of charge to all interested.
     - Tools. They provide access to dice, monster, careerbuilder, ladders...all the typical's, but also new tools that very few other recruiting companies are aware of. Tools that find resumes and email addresses for hidden profiles on Linkedin, Indeed, and many other "non" traditional boards and databases.
     - Team mentality. There is no team of recruiters or sales people cannibalizing each other. People there respect each other and don't steal candidates or clients based on archaic "ownership" policies. If you establish and continue the relationship, you make the money.
     - Flexibility. There isn't really a come and go as you please ability hear like in some smaller companies, but I've rarely run in to occasions when I couldn't leave the office for family or other reasons and have to be nervous about a lecture or warning. If you work your hours and then some, you can make sure work/life balance is achieved.
     - Work hard, play hard. Parallel has "happy hours" where the teams have done everything from baseball games, bowling, drinks and hanging out, poker nights, to community service to help the less fortunate. They also have tons of rewards and contests in the office to reward extra effort.
     - Ability to earn here is better than anywhere else I've ever worked. While commissions aren't the highest, neither is base pay, opportunity to close deals (both perm and contract) are plentiful. If you work hard, you will make money here!

Cons

As with any company in recruiting, there are challenges:
     - Turnover. Turnover is high at the junior end of recruiters and sales. This is common and has been the case with every company I've ever worked with in the industry. Most Sr people have been there over 4 years...which is a good sign of success breeding success. Most of the turnover was with junior people who either left the industry, or returned to the companies they initially left.
     - Process. Process can be heavy handed at times. As the company has grown, some of the processes are focused more on training junior recruiters, rather than allowing sr. recruiters to run their own business successfully. The changes in process seem to ebb and flow a bit with hiring....ups and downs. Probably should be expected in a global company with 3+ offices and remote workers as well.
     - Strong personalities. The company is full of strong personalities. This is good and bad. The owner, managers, and line recruiters and sales are very diverse in background. This contributes to an atmosphere of trying to blend different cultures and backgrounds....that is a huge positive in my book. This is also (regardless of title) a SALES role. I've never seen successful sales people who weren't afraid to disagree or voice strong opinions. This is true of the owner, managers, sales people, recruiters, and even the office manager. Arguments happen, people disagree, cooler heads prevail, then everyone moves on and makes money.
     - Roles here are very distinct and separated. Sales people deal with clients, Recruiters deal with candidates. There is very little thought of changing that or implementing a "full desk" type of recruiting. That can be difficult for more Sr. Recruiters who are accustomed to both sales and recruiting....but more beneficial for junior recruiters who don't want to interact with clients.

Advice to Management

Be careful of growth. Sometimes it creates more problems that it solves. Grow slowly and carefully. Be open-minded to more flexibility or determined roles within the company, and let your best people continue to be successful, rather than bogging them down in processes designed to help less senior recruiters and sales people.