Parksite Reviews | Glassdoor

Parksite Reviews

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
George Pattee

"Great place to work, however..."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Parksite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great co-workers, great hours.

Cons

ESOP shares are divvied based on your salary so unless you make six figures don't expect much, Company let me go months before 100% vested so I lost my shares (around $37,000) I don't think that was planned but I think those shared go back to the pot and are distributed.

Advice to Management

Overall was happy with my position and the company, I just got a bad taste in my mouth from being let go just short of being vested, to no fault of my own. Company consolidated inside sales operations to another location. Did not offer me another position with the company even though I came from the warehouse and worked my way up into the sales office.

2. "Perfect company for a self-motivator, hard-worker and results-oriented individual."

Current Employee - Commercial Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Commercial Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Parksite full-time

Pros

Parksite is focused on their employees, from the top of the chain down. They expect results and expect their employees to work without needless micromanagement and oversight. Employees who can not manage their own time and generate results based on their own drive and initiative are usually the employees who complain about the company (see some of the other reviews).

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and keep caring for us.

3. "boring daily grind with no room for advancment"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Parksite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

a paycheck, local manager and coworkers

Cons

no schedule, bad purchasing of material, internal transfer of inventory,always received damaged and unsellabe

5. "Company spiraling to oblivion"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Batavia, IL
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Batavia, IL

Pros

Great salary- virtual office- no micromanagement

Cons

Instability of the company
    They fire at the drop of a dime

Advice to Management

Pay attention to great performers

6. "Excellent atmosphere to work in."

I worked at Parksite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone strives for excellence.
    ESOP culture.
    Opportunity for promotion is great and they actively source within before filling positions from outside the company.
    Professional attitudes abound at all levels.

Cons

Unless your expectation is to just show up, not produce, and collect a paycheck and benefits without negative results, there really are no "Cons".

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

7. "Not much room for advancement"

Former Employee - Administrative Assist - Sales Support
    Former Employee - Administrative Assist - Sales Support

I worked at Parksite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked most of the people that I worked with. My daughter used to have sleepovers at my direct manager's house with her children.
    The pay was decent for the work, I was an admin assistant and also sales support for the rubber mulch rep.
    At least I my location, there was a sense of family. I actually miss them every once in a while.

Cons

The reason I left? There really is no room for advancement. Unless someone quits or dies you will be stuck in your position indefinitely. This is mainly due to the size of the company.
    However, when an opportunity did present itself that I was more than qualified for and I inquired about, I was told that they "didn't know if customers would be able to deal with having a black salesperson". Interestingly enough the person telling me this was not being racist at all. They actually seemed to be more concerned with how I would be treated by the typical customer. Which, for lack of a better description, were shortsighted southern men. Rednecks if you will. I mean there was a guy in the office that thought black people were still referred to as "colored", so this is what I'd be dealing with.
    Anyway after that conversation, I decided it was time to move on.

Advice to Management

Be more open minded when it comes to supporting your employees. You can't cave in to the ignorance of others, especially when there is someone within the business that will work their tails off to be successful.

8. "ESOP company.This company is more concerned with profits than the welfare of its employees."

I have been working at Parksite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stability at present time. This, however, changes with the economy.

Cons

Multiple locations with centralized purchasing, logistics, human resources, IT, and accounts receivable. Purchasing and logistics do not work.

Advice to Management

The management within this company epitomizes narcissism. Parksite needs a new leader with a fresh vision. Parksite needs someone who can work with its employees and not against them. Someone who will listen and adjust as the economic picture dictates.

9. "Good people...great culture"

I have been working at Parksite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People seem to genuinely like each other
    Lots of celebrations - Wii tournaments, ping pong, cookouts, etc...fun culture
    Not a ton of bureaucracy - stuff usually gets done faster than it would at other companies
    Pretty open with financials - monthly calls

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement or growth...you can get pigeon-holed in your position

Advice to Management

Career ladders, mentoring program, special assignments outside of your normal department...help employees understand the business and grow their careers within the company.