PartnerComm, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Amazing place to work!"

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time

Pros

PartnerComm is an incredible place to work! I started at PartnerComm years ago and—from day one—I was given the freedom and authority to work on challenging, complex projects. Leadership is there for you if you ever need them, but they never, ever micromanage. Colleagues are an incredible source of support and encouragement, and they are always available to brainstorm or troubleshoot. Love my job.

Cons

We work a lot of hours from July to October because that’s when companies enroll in benefits. But, there is a solid work/life balance the rest of the year and everyone works together to make the enrollment season as manageable as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. I’ve always felt supported, appreciated, and encouraged by our leaders.

May 3, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your absolutely positive and encouraging review! Here at PartnerComm, we are proud to offer our employees the freedom and authority, as you say, to take ownership of their projects and... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super work environment, impressive client list, competitive holiday and vacation benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

Jun 29, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your positive review! We appreciate the feedback and we appreciate you! ~David

3. "Not recommended"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really nice people working here

Cons

Undoubtedly the worst company I've ever worked for. Management is incredibly unorganized and unprofessional and reeks of favoritism, making it super difficult to progress. The employee turnover is the highest I've seen as they specifically hire for the four month busy season and lay off right after busy season is over. Furthermore, during busy season, employees are overworked putting in up to 80 hours a week without overtime or any acknowledgement of increased efforts.

Advice to Management

restructure your client work flow, do away with favoritism, work on your business practices and ethics, do not overwork employees without any acknowledgement or over time

"No career growth, Favoritisim & Headaches"

Former Employee - Designer in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Designer in Arlington, TX

I worked at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PartnerComm seems like a great place to work, the pay is good, and the work is relatively easy.

Cons

I do not recommend working here, do not take this job because you need a job, the headaches are not worth it. Communication is PartnerComm's biggest flaw ironic because Comm stands for communication.

There is absolutely no way to grow in this company, you can grow financially but your title will be the exact same. I always found it odd and very disrespectful that I came in with a small amount of experience but I had the same title 'Designer' as others who had been design professionals for 15+ years. Almost anywhere else, there is a separation in title.

Be sure to read over and double check their PTO policy or you will be screwed over when you leave.

For about 3 months your life will be PartnerComm, expect to work 65+ hours. Consultants will be very intrusive on your life and will expect things at the drop of a hat. Consultants can be hit or miss you either have wonderful understanding consultants to work with or you have ones that will micromanage you. Personally, the consultant position needs to be restructured, they have (or at least think they have) final say on a design piece.

Advice to Management

LISTEN and TRUST your Art Department. Collectively you have a wide range of skills from drawing, illustration, gaming, web, layouts, etc. They know what they are doing they are trained in design and have an eye for it. The consultants who do not have any formal design education nor an eye for design should have final say as to what looks best.

THE CLIENT is who were are trying to please not upper Management. Many times I was told to change things that the CLIENT requested because Upper management did not care for it.

STOP with the FAVORITES. You are overlooking and pushing away several talented individuals because you are caught with who you think is great. When someone messes up multiple times they should be reprimanded or at least told they messed up and what they did wrong but when they are Upper managements favorite nothing happens.

Apr 17, 2017 – CEO

Hello, We're sorry that you feel this way because we want all employees to be successful at PartnerComm. Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way as hard as we both try. And we know you... More

"Couldn't have asked for a better first job."

Former Employee - Writer/Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Writer/Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Level of responsibility for young employees.
    PartnerComm is set up on a flat structure. All of the consultants are consultants, designers are designers, and video team are videographers. Above that are the owners and principals of the company. As a recent college graduate or young employee, you are given the opportunity to have a ton of responsibilities very early on. Yes, at first new employees will learn the ropes and take some time to settle in, but after that you'll most likely be on a project and be client-facing very soon. That being said, be ready to be "thrown into the fire" a bit on your first project. But, there are so many people around who understand and would love to help when that happens.

The people.
    Working at PartnerComm, you will work for and with some of the greatest people you will ever meet. The owners truly care about you and what is going on in your life. You can let them know (to a reasonable degree) when you are having an outside of work issue and might need to make an appointment or work from home. Likewise, they hire great people. The PComm fam is close knit and will be there for you during and even after your time at PartnerComm.

Office location choice.
    There are two offices, one in Dallas and one in Arlington. Unlike other companies in which different office spaces work separately, at PartnerComm you can be at one office one day and another the next. If you live closer to Dallas, you can request to work in Dallas or vice versa. Note, the offices are very different. Arlington has a normal office space set up, while Dallas is an open office concept. If you haven't worked in an open office, it might take some time to get used to.

Bonuses.
    Each December, PartnerComm allots bonuses to all employees on an evaluation basis. Speaking from the perspective of a young employee (graduating college in 2014 and working from 2014-2016), bonus amounts are generous and warranted. December will lighten the blow from your enrollment workload a bit.

Company trip.
    Each year (as economically able), PartnerComm takes all employees on a company trip, and I don't just mean to a hotel in Dallas. The majority of the trips have been to Maui, Hawaii, although I have heard some talk about new location prospects. It's definitely a nice treat, and the owners let you know how much they truly appreciate their employees.

Cons

The nature of a small company.
    Early on, it is your job to hit the ground running. In my experience, I had to reach out to experienced consultants day after day and offer my help. Just know that if you don't put in the effort, other experienced consultants will start to hear that you are not the best to be handing off work to. So, asking questions when someone delegates work to you early on is crucial. It isn't at all a cut throat atmosphere and not necessarily even a con, but it's just the nature of working for a small company. Word travels fast.

Enrollment hours.
    They don't hide it when you interview, enrollment is a little nuts. From August through October, you will definitely work more than 40 hours per week (probably 60+), and you will not be able to take PTO. That being said, it is nice to know when busy season is and gear up for it ahead of time. But, as PartnerComm's client base is growing and growing, there is less and less of a "downtime" each year. Don't expect to be twiddling your thumbs in the off season!

Compensation.
    Coming out of college, I just wanted a paying job. When I received an offer from PartnerComm, I did a bit of research and realized the pay wasn't incredibly low but also wasn't on the high end for the industry. My advice would be to counter your first offer. Also, keep in mind they do give raises on a reasonable basis.

Favoritism.
    With three owners and around 80 employees, favoritism is hard to avoid. That being said, most of the consultants and designers who seem to be put at the top are also turning around exceptional work and projects. It's just important to remember that at PartnerComm you can be great at your job and not necessarily be known as the favorite consultant that is given every new and exciting project. You'll have enough work to keep you busy anyway!

Advice to Management

As PartnerComm grows, keep the small business atmosphere for as long as possible. The relationships and closeness of the company are what make the long hours worthwhile and coming to work enjoyable each day!

May 3, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to read the title! We like to think that PartnerComm is a great place to start, and our intention is to keep our employees as long as the fit works both ways... More

"Solid Company, Enjoyable Work & Great Atmospher"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Arlington, TX

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PartnerComm is a great employer. The work is enjoyable and challenging in a way that will grow you professionally. The owners are good people, and really do care about their employees and your co-workers feel like a second family.

Cons

It gets crazy in the fall due to open enrollment for benefits as this company handles a lot of that type of communication. However, it's only for a short period of time which is usually rewarded with a company trip, most often to Hawaii.

May 23, 2017 – CEO

Response for “Solid Company, Enjoyable Work & Great Atmosphere” Thank you for your kind review. We’re glad you think highly of the company and of us who run the show. We treat our employees like... More

"Big Clients, Big Responsibility"

Current Employee - Writer/Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Writer/Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a new grad, PartnerComm provides incredible opportunities to jumpstart your career and get a ton of experience. You will write, help design, project manage, work in WordPress, handle billing (to name just a few) for big name companies. PComm is unique in that it affords young people the chance to manage major responsibility once you have, in a sense, "proven yourself."

You will also work with some of the smartest and kindest people out there. Everyone is always willing to lend a hand to get things done well and out the door. It's a close-knit team of people who care about their work and each other.

Cons

Busy season is, well, busy. You will work long hours, but it's rewarded with bonuses and and the company trip to Maui. It feels chaotic for three months, but then things do calm back down (just in time for the holidays!).

The only other con I see is that the salaries (at least for the new grads) are fairly low. The bonuses definitely help, but in terms of keeping young people for longer, this seems like something to consider.

Advice to Management

Keep providing opportunities for big responsibility and growth. It's what makes PartnerComm unique.

May 23, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your review. I’m happy to know that as a recent college grad, you feel like you’ve been given big opportunities to jumpstart your career. That’s what we’re all about. If we notice you’ve... More

"Learn and Grow Among Talented Professionals"

Former Employee - Consultant in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Arlington, TX

I worked at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In a Consultant role, you'll get the opportunity to touch every part of the business -- sales/marketing, proposal and strategy building, account management, creative development, writing, designing, coding, proofreading, and invoicing. From the outside looking in, I can't tell you how beneficial this was to my career growth. This is THE place to collect new experiences and hone your craft.

Best yet, you get to learn from some of the kindest and most talented group of people. It's a hugely collaborative environment where you're encouraged to be curious and challenge the status quo.

Cons

Busy season (Aug.-Oct.) is indeed crazy busy. Be ready to put your head down and get to work. Holiday bonuses and the annual company trip to Maui help to heal the wounds. :-)

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the growth of your employees. Provide new challenges and opportunities to move up the ladder.

May 5, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your encouraging and thoughtful review. The consultant (or consulting writer) role does require you wear a lot of hats. Although you’re not actually doing the design or programming, you’re... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Writer/Consultant in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Writer/Consultant in Arlington, TX

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cutting edge firm that provides exceptional work to its clients. Most employees are incredibly smart and talented. The work is ever changing and challenges you. Plus, besides learning from your fellow-employees, you also get to learn a lot from the clients you work with. When you get the chance, working with the senior consultants can really provide you a lot of training that you probably wouldn't get at most places. Really generous PTO policy for new employees.

Cons

Work load can get pretty heavy at times, especially in the busy season. But, based on what I hear from my friends who work in a professional services company, the workload seems to be the same or even lower than what they talk about.

Advice to Management

Get input from more people when doing reviews.

"Poorly managed by firm owner, high turnover rate, majority of employees are unhappy"

Former Employee - Former Consultant in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Former Consultant in Arlington, TX

I worked at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

generous year end bonuses, decent benefits, company trip to Hawaii when business is good, generous paid time off policy.

Cons

consultants & designers are all over worked and under paid, recognition for work is often given to the wrong people, unfair treatment of consultants and designers by management around the office, poorly managed by owners, work is often delegated to those who don't know what their doing and lack experience to manage projects, majority of employees are unhappy and begin looking for other jobs within 6 months of working there, office has a very negative tone to it

Advice to Management

Take time to get to know your employees who are working for you, give credit to those who deserve it and worked for it, show more appreciation for your hard working employees and then maybe your turn over rate won't be as high as it is. Try to realize that your employees are people also and not be so condescending when speaking to them or delegating work.