PartnerComm, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Amazing place to work!"

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time

Pros

PartnerComm is an incredible place to work! I started at PartnerComm years ago and—from day one—I was given the freedom and authority to work on challenging, complex projects. Leadership is there for you if you ever need them, but they never, ever micromanage. Colleagues are an incredible source of support and encouragement, and they are always available to brainstorm or troubleshoot. Love my job.

Cons

We work a lot of hours from July to October because that’s when companies enroll in benefits. But, there is a solid work/life balance the rest of the year and everyone works together to make the enrollment season as manageable as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. I’ve always felt supported, appreciated, and encouraged by our leaders.

May 3, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your absolutely positive and encouraging review!

Here at PartnerComm, we are proud to offer our employees the freedom and authority, as you say, to take ownership of their projects and... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super work environment, impressive client list, competitive holiday and vacation benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

Jun 29, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your positive review! We appreciate the feedback and we appreciate you!
    ~David

"Not recommended"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really nice people working here

Cons

Undoubtedly the worst company I've ever worked for. Management is incredibly unorganized and unprofessional and reeks of favoritism, making it super difficult to progress. The employee turnover is the highest I've seen as they specifically hire for the four month busy season and lay off right after busy season is over. Furthermore, during busy season, employees are overworked putting in up to 80 hours a week without overtime or any acknowledgement of increased efforts.

Advice to Management

restructure your client work flow, do away with favoritism, work on your business practices and ethics, do not overwork employees without any acknowledgement or over time

Jul 27, 2017 – Recruiter, New Hire Trainer & Consulting Writer

It's difficult for us to receive this type of feedback, but we appreciate the time you invested in making your voice heard. I'm sorry that your experience has been less than pleasant. Employees are... More

"Great First Job"

Current Employee - Consulting Writer
    Current Employee - Consulting Writer

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I began working at PartnerComm right after graduating college, and it has been a wonderful company to work for thus far. The senior consultants are always willing to teach and let you take a first stab at writing. Everyone at this company is kind, helpful and always willing to answer questions.

The partners of the company are great bosses--kind, considerate and understanding. They're willing to listen to new ideas and try their best to put you on projects if you're not busy.

The people here are wonderful--I can honestly say that everyone I work with is kind-hearted and always willing to lend a helping hand.

I loved the annual company retreat. It was a great way to get a bigger picture of client work, interact with everyone from the company (especially remote employee) and was great for employee engagement!

We do all types of employee communication, and I like having the variety of different topics to communicate. I also enjoy getting to work on multiple clients teams. Each lead consultant I've worked with has been outstanding.

The company has a flat structure, which I like for the most part because there isn't anyone to micromanage me and I get to contribute to multiple client teams.

This company is small (less than 100 employees) which I like. You get to wear more hats, having closer relationships with people and have constant interaction with senior management.

Overall, I feel very blessed to work for this company. They are genuine and care about your happiness and success.

Cons

When I first started at PartnerComm, I was really slow and had nothing to do for the first few months. But thankfully, I brought that to the Partners' attention, and I was immediately put on multiple projects and had plenty of work.

Unfortunately, the nature of working with clients is that you don't always have a steady flow of work. I like being busy, so this has been an adjustment.

The company culture could be stronger. Working in an open office helps with that, but I wish we could have monthly company events and a stronger internal brand. I also think internal communication from senior management should be more frequent.

Advice to Management

1. Put new hires on projects early on and don't delay their training sessions.
    2. Continue to bring new hires on client trips. It's a great learning experience for them!
    3. Consider hosting small company events each month to keep up the engagement that's experienced during the annual company retreat. Even small things, like company happy hours, contests or lunch n' learns, go a long way.
    4. Communicate the mission and values of the company to new hires right off the bat so they feel empowered and engaged.
    5. Keep doing free lunch on Fridays during Open Enrollment. It's one of those little things that goes a long way!
    6. Do more frequent internal communication to the company, such as company-wide phone calls once a month.

May 3, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your review. It’s great to know you’ve had such a wonderful experience during your first year, especially right out of college.

We are happy to hear that your senior colleagues are... More

5. "Good Core Values"

I worked at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO, able to take off work when needed (with the exception of open enrollment)

Good core values within the organization.

I have a lot of respect for Dave (the CEO). While I did not leave the company on the best of terms, looking back I learned a lot from him--he values hard work and integrity and demands excellence from himself and in turn holds others to the same standard and wants to see others succeed--this is what makes a great manager. Now that I've matured, I am able to realize that my work experience there was a positive one and what I took away from working at PartnerComm has served me well in my other career!

Cons

Pay was relatively low when compared with other firms, but perhaps the trade off is the generous PTO and the company trip to Hawaii.

There was quite a bit of favoritism that was obvious, but maybe it's better now.

May 3, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We’ve always run our business based on our values, so I’m delighted that you noticed our integrity.

I believe we treat every employee equally but will be... More

"Great Family Atmosphere"

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great atmosphere with great people who all do their jobs... There aren't any middle managers or TPS reports, everyone just knows their responsibility and does it. My team is a tight knit group who all learn from each other and help pickup each other's slack when needed.

Cons

Glassdoor made me fill out a con, there aren't any other than maybe it would be nice to have vision insurance and optional group life insurance (I can't get individual)

May 3, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your positive and heartwarming review. We’re proud of our family atmosphere. Your view of the company is exactly what we’re striving for and that makes me happy.

Although we do not... More

"Stay away"

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time

Pros

Average pay, well known clients

Cons

Incompetent management, unethical employment and business practices

Mar 10, 2017 – CEO

This is Dave, your CEO. I’d like to speak on behalf of management to the cons in your post. You’re at PartnerComm because you’re good at what you do. If something happened to make you feel this way... More

"No career growth, Favoritisim & Headaches"

Former Employee - Designer in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Designer in Arlington, TX

I worked at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PartnerComm seems like a great place to work, the pay is good, and the work is relatively easy.

Cons

I do not recommend working here, do not take this job because you need a job, the headaches are not worth it. Communication is PartnerComm's biggest flaw ironic because Comm stands for communication.

There is absolutely no way to grow in this company, you can grow financially but your title will be the exact same. I always found it odd and very disrespectful that I came in with a small amount of experience but I had the same title 'Designer' as others who had been design professionals for 15+ years. Almost anywhere else, there is a separation in title.

Be sure to read over and double check their PTO policy or you will be screwed over when you leave.

For about 3 months your life will be PartnerComm, expect to work 65+ hours. Consultants will be very intrusive on your life and will expect things at the drop of a hat. Consultants can be hit or miss you either have wonderful understanding consultants to work with or you have ones that will micromanage you. Personally, the consultant position needs to be restructured, they have (or at least think they have) final say on a design piece.

Advice to Management

LISTEN and TRUST your Art Department. Collectively you have a wide range of skills from drawing, illustration, gaming, web, layouts, etc. They know what they are doing they are trained in design and have an eye for it. The consultants who do not have any formal design education nor an eye for design should have final say as to what looks best.

THE CLIENT is who were are trying to please not upper Management. Many times I was told to change things that the CLIENT requested because Upper management did not care for it.

STOP with the FAVORITES. You are overlooking and pushing away several talented individuals because you are caught with who you think is great. When someone messes up multiple times they should be reprimanded or at least told they messed up and what they did wrong but when they are Upper managements favorite nothing happens.

Apr 17, 2017 – CEO

Hello,

We're sorry that you feel this way because we want all employees to be successful at PartnerComm. Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way as hard as we both try. And we know you... More

"Great Work Environment"

I have been working at PartnerComm, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home or remotely when necessary; they make it easy to be mobile at times. The environment is friendly and welcoming. I couldn't ask for a better and more inviting community to spend five days a week, 8+ hours a day. You are given the opportunity to make decisions and take the lead on big projects with big client names. Great place to start out of college and get awesome hands-on experience with Fortune 500 companies. The owners are kind, family-oriented people who care about your well-being. That makes a big difference! Complimentary coffee, tea, pop (soda) and chocolate always stocked in the kitchen.

Cons

There are two offices and about 20 people who work from home so it can feel a bit disconnected to work on projects with coworkers in different places. The busy season is intense! Very long hours with high demands from clients. The company is built as a flat structure, which can be difficult at times when it comes to getting noticed. You have to speak up and let your presence be known.

Advice to Management

Create a better review process like a check-in every 30 days or every quarter to evaluate employees' progress. Reward and recognize employees for going above and beyond — not just monetary rewards. Recognition can be more meaningful sometimes.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting a review. Yes, our employees are spread across different locations, but we want the best of the best in our industry. So, if that means having someone work from across... More

"Couldn't have asked for a better first job."

Former Employee - Writer/Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Writer/Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Level of responsibility for young employees.
    PartnerComm is set up on a flat structure. All of the consultants are consultants, designers are designers, and video team are videographers. Above that are the owners and principals of the company. As a recent college graduate or young employee, you are given the opportunity to have a ton of responsibilities very early on. Yes, at first new employees will learn the ropes and take some time to settle in, but after that you'll most likely be on a project and be client-facing very soon. That being said, be ready to be "thrown into the fire" a bit on your first project. But, there are so many people around who understand and would love to help when that happens.

The people.
    Working at PartnerComm, you will work for and with some of the greatest people you will ever meet. The owners truly care about you and what is going on in your life. You can let them know (to a reasonable degree) when you are having an outside of work issue and might need to make an appointment or work from home. Likewise, they hire great people. The PComm fam is close knit and will be there for you during and even after your time at PartnerComm.

Office location choice.
    There are two offices, one in Dallas and one in Arlington. Unlike other companies in which different office spaces work separately, at PartnerComm you can be at one office one day and another the next. If you live closer to Dallas, you can request to work in Dallas or vice versa. Note, the offices are very different. Arlington has a normal office space set up, while Dallas is an open office concept. If you haven't worked in an open office, it might take some time to get used to.

Bonuses.
    Each December, PartnerComm allots bonuses to all employees on an evaluation basis. Speaking from the perspective of a young employee (graduating college in 2014 and working from 2014-2016), bonus amounts are generous and warranted. December will lighten the blow from your enrollment workload a bit.

Company trip.
    Each year (as economically able), PartnerComm takes all employees on a company trip, and I don't just mean to a hotel in Dallas. The majority of the trips have been to Maui, Hawaii, although I have heard some talk about new location prospects. It's definitely a nice treat, and the owners let you know how much they truly appreciate their employees.

Cons

The nature of a small company.
    Early on, it is your job to hit the ground running. In my experience, I had to reach out to experienced consultants day after day and offer my help. Just know that if you don't put in the effort, other experienced consultants will start to hear that you are not the best to be handing off work to. So, asking questions when someone delegates work to you early on is crucial. It isn't at all a cut throat atmosphere and not necessarily even a con, but it's just the nature of working for a small company. Word travels fast.

Enrollment hours.
    They don't hide it when you interview, enrollment is a little nuts. From August through October, you will definitely work more than 40 hours per week (probably 60+), and you will not be able to take PTO. That being said, it is nice to know when busy season is and gear up for it ahead of time. But, as PartnerComm's client base is growing and growing, there is less and less of a "downtime" each year. Don't expect to be twiddling your thumbs in the off season!

Compensation.
    Coming out of college, I just wanted a paying job. When I received an offer from PartnerComm, I did a bit of research and realized the pay wasn't incredibly low but also wasn't on the high end for the industry. My advice would be to counter your first offer. Also, keep in mind they do give raises on a reasonable basis.

Favoritism.
    With three owners and around 80 employees, favoritism is hard to avoid. That being said, most of the consultants and designers who seem to be put at the top are also turning around exceptional work and projects. It's just important to remember that at PartnerComm you can be great at your job and not necessarily be known as the favorite consultant that is given every new and exciting project. You'll have enough work to keep you busy anyway!

Advice to Management

As PartnerComm grows, keep the small business atmosphere for as long as possible. The relationships and closeness of the company are what make the long hours worthwhile and coming to work enjoyable each day!

May 3, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to read the title! We like to think that PartnerComm is a great place to start, and our intention is to keep our employees as long as the fit works both ways... More