PartsSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Philip Settimi

1. "cool people no room for growth"

Former Employee - Purchasing Administrator in Tolleson, AZ
    Former Employee - Purchasing Administrator in Tolleson, AZ

I worked at PartsSource (More than a year)

Pros

great work atmosphere, I loved the people I worked with and I enjoyed coming to work everyday. I miss my parts source family alot

Cons

I felt that there was no room for growth. my skills were not appreciated and I feel a lot of people felt that way because their turn over ratio was ridiculously high

2. "Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - BDM in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - BDM in Aurora, OH

I worked at PartsSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I Can't think of one...

Cons

Micromanagement, low salary, no freedom, no room for growth. Flip flopping CEO who controls the bd team, even though he has no prior experience. They are shady, they don't adhere to the ISO certification they have.

"Can't believe all the good reviews-"

Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PartsSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The People in the trenches. Some of the sales people and administrative staff, receptionists, etc. A few managers are great too. A few.

Cons

Upper Management, year after year after year pay cuts, Accounts being pulled from commission sales people and given to others, for no reason other than politics. People who work here are miserable. There is no way that this company should be rated so high on Glassdoor. Management has to be behind the positive reviews here- There is no way

Advice to Management

They would never take any advice, so it really would do no good. They are looking to sell the company and are trying to make it look good. I have been watching this website off and on for a year and wanted to be nice and not leave something like this. However seeing all these high ratings and having worked there, knowing many of the employees over the years, I had to do this.

"Developer"

Former Employee - Developer in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Developer in Aurora, OH

Pros

Great people, hard working and persistent. IT team has full time core and some contract people. Sales crew pretty big and lot of rotation there.

Cons

Management often changes direction in the middle of development process which sometimes frustrating.

Advice to Management

I would recommend to give employees more i n formation what is going on in their department or company as a whole on the regular basis

6. "Proud to be a part of the PartsSource Team"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Aurora, OH

I have been working at PartsSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started here a little over a month ago and I'm very happy I took this position. I was scared away by some of the reviews on here and actually considered passing this opportunity up but I am so glad that I didn't. My job itself is very fast paced and busy which makes my day fly by. I work with some great people and really enjoy my coworkers. I think management does a great job motivating their employees. It's fun to work in an environment where the management acknowledges your hard work and rewards you for it by holding contests, doing luncheons etc. I was also very impressed by Ray Dalton the founder of the company . I recommend doing the research and seeing just how the company started and how compassionate and charitable his family has been. After reading his story, It made me proud to be apart of this company.

Cons

My job in sales is very fast paced and can be very stressful at times. We have a high call volume and there are times where your phone doesn't stop ringing. Some departments seem to be happier than others.

Advice to Management

Keep acknowledging those who work hard and apply themselves. Weed out the individuals with bad attitudes who don't want to follow the new polices and procedures.

"Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Aurora, OH

I worked at PartsSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A few good people there. Is a great place to work for young sales people as an example of where you do not want to work long term. They aren't even really corporate, are a wanna-be corporation.

Cons

heard management has turned over which is a good thing. Company turns and burns employees with promises etc. Low integrity. Really no way to move up without selling your soul.

"Pointless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Pros

Not bad starting salary, good facilities

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, Micro management, Leads can be taken, False sense of family, Only people that make money have been there for 8 plus years.

"Constant Change, Trending upward"

Current Employee - Director in Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Aurora, OH

I have been working at PartsSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working for PartsSource has been very fulfilling experience for me overall. Although it is not without fault, I would expect a few pitfalls from any company growing as fast as we have been over the years.

The people are one of the major reasons that I have stayed as long as I have, along with the challenging nature of my various positions. Contrary to other comments on here; The various promotions I have received over the years have been based on job performance and qualifications, rather than who I knew. The opposing views displayed earlier seem to be rantings of disgruntled former-employees looking to blame others for their short comings.

Overall, PartsSource has a non-stop, fast paced environment that I would recommend to anyone with a strong work ethic and drive.

Cons

I am taking some time to speak to what I personally believe are false comments about executives asking employees to write positive comments on here. I was never asked to do so, and have been in a relatively high ranking position for many years. Reading that others have stated they were asked to do so seems completely falsified as it is opposes our current CEO's stance on just about everything. I would understand how people like me would see all of the negative reviews, and feel inclined to speak up about the company they have worked so hard for.

In regard to my view of the present cons among the company, I only have one under the new leadership; The hiring of non-professional employees. The sales floor often times has a High School feel with a "rumor/gossip mill" big enough to rival the worst of reality TV. While I have never been a direct target of this behavior, I know many people that have felt personally attacked by the actions of others within the company. Completely unprofessional and immature from a group of "adults".

Advice to Management

Clean up the floor, and reprimand or eliminate the festering gossip. Hold people accountable and keep them focused on their positions. Continue to increase morale, and work to reduce the friction between departments across the board.

"Terrible upper-management"

Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Aurora, OH

I worked at PartsSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room to grow if you work hard as the company seems to be gaining more customers every year. Employees break room with ping pong and other games. Occasionally food is brought in for lunch (once every few months.)

Cons

CEO is somehow doing something right because they are profitable but it amazes me that so many employees put up with him. In the year that I worked there I saw multiple employees fired because of minor disagreements with his sons (all who were handed great positions in the company.) Nepotism is at the core of this company. Daltons are extremely arrogant and walk around with their nose up. The "Great" reviews of this company listed are clearly fake.

Advice to Management

Hard to give advice to Management when it is all personal. I wasn't in sales but I know you constantly lowered their commission cut. I would stop doing that. Don't walk around as if you are God's gift to Earth.

"What a joke!"

Former Employee - Sales in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Aurora, OH

I worked at PartsSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't really think of one positive thing to say. The people are nice and they have a big building. I guess that's it.

Cons

This place is by far the worst company in existence. Let's discuss management first. The owner has threatened to throw people out of a window, made fun of people's weight, belittles people, then turns around and calls himself a Christian after cutting people's pay, or just eliminating the possibility for a raise. I know some sales people that lost at least 20% compared to the previous year but when current year growth is applied it's more like a 40% drop. I just heard they restructured the company and people that made 65-70k last year were deemed as insignificant sales people and forced into customer service roles making half that amount. They've also fired people the week before Christmas multiple years - heartless. So finally a new CEO comes in, but nothing changes because the owners son remains the COO and runs inside sales. It's basically Wolf of Wall Street or Boiler Room. Let's just say if a drug test was given to everyone at this place...I'm pretty sure 30% of the employees would be fired - unless you're related to the family or in the inner circle. Management and employees were asked to write positive reviews on here to counter balance the negative reviews. Stay far away! For those of us that have experienced it and gotten out.....the grass is in fact greener.

Advice to Management

Don't call yourselves a technology company, you're not. Treat people with respect and you'd probably receive some. Re-evaluate current management personnel and put leaders in place, not just people who have time on the job.