PawsPlus Reviews | Glassdoor

PawsPlus Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2019

Found 10 reviews

3.2
  1. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - District Manager in Sarasota, FL

I worked at PawsPlus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team work, travel able work to work from home or office

Cons

Getting time off was a challenge

PawsPlus2019-04-05
  2. "An ok job if you didnt have anything else"

Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at PawsPlus part-time for more than a year

Pros

Gave me a good start to vetmed, very straight forward job. Easy to learn the position

Cons

Very low pay, was only saturdays and sundays, took up all of my weekends.

PawsPlus2018-01-23
  3. "Felt like just a number"

Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Longwood, FL

I worked at PawsPlus part-time for more than a year

Pros

Weekdays were off limits for working. Twenty-five to thirty hours were racked during the weekends only (Saturday and Sunday)

Cons

Too much driving. Had to eat out multiple times during the shift to keep up with the laborious demands. Company didn't value medical knowledge enough. Burnt out fast due to high stress levels and no recognition from the company.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. They aren't just another number or fill-in. Send them rewards or free lunches every once in a while. If you value them, then they will value you, and in turn enjoy their work more.

PawsPlus2017-04-15
  4. "I like this job a lot and I'm happy I found it."

Veterinary Assistant in Cinnaminson, NJ

I have been working at PawsPlus

Pros

•work with friendly people that also enjoy animals. •family like office •very achievable accolades followed by raises •nice long breaks most of the time

Cons

The main con is waking up very early and working all day sat and sun but that being said your are 100% told what your getting into before you start so I don't think you can complain about long weekend hours when you know before hand that is what your applying for.

Advice to Management

N/a

PawsPlus2017-02-20
  5. "Good for part time work"

Current Employee - Customer Assistance and Veterinarian Technician in Greenville, SC

I have been working at PawsPlus part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was easy, got to work with animals, manager was nice

Cons

It was tiring and if everyone didnt show up for work you got kinda screwed.

Advice to Management

Hire more reliable people

PawsPlus2016-01-05

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at PawsPlus full-time

Pros

This job really has the potential to be a very gratifying thing to do for someone who enjoys working with animals and their owners.... HOWEVER,

Cons

The management in the Corporate office in Sarasota consists of complete micromanaging, manipulative, and always irrational, psychopaths. They listen to the negativity and vindictiveness of entry level employees, and they express no interest in hearing anyone else's side of any story. Once they've given the entry-level whiners and complainers any credibility and those employees know that they have a free pass to... instigate, retaliate, disrespect, and generally not follow orders from their local manager because Corporate actually believes their nonsense, it's all over. There is no way for a local manager to have any kind of respectful relationship from their team once this kind of situation has been permitted to exist. Their Corporate management team thrives on drama ... they seem to like (and enjoy promoting) chaos, and they jump at any chance to fan the flames instead of working as a team to figure out an appropriate and professional solution. There is rampant corporate waste. They lie. They blame others while they themselves accept accountability for nothing. They are constantly looking for some unsuspecting middle level manager to throw under the bus ... seemingly just for their own amusement. The CEO doesn't appear want to hear any of your concerns because he's either snowed by the scheming weasels he's surrounded by at Corporate; or perhaps he just doesn't care. I've never seen one positive employee review of this company anywhere ever, and what I've learned from this experience is to always check up on a company thoroughly before agreeing to work for them. CAUTION: This company is smart enough to go by more than one name, so if you're applying to any mobile vaccination clinic company and it's based in or near Sarasota, FL it's likely Paws Plus going by one of it's pen names. Do yourself a favor and save yourself a heap of aggravation: Avoid this company like the plague. I wish I had.

Advice to Management

It's a waste of time to advise their management about anything or to offer any constructive criticism. They don't care what anyone has to say.

PawsPlus2015-07-03

"PawsPlus - don't do it"

I worked at PawsPlus

Pros

Get to work with pets

Cons

Dirty dogs, terrible salary, ALL and EVERY weekend is gone.

PawsPlus2015-06-01
  8. "Good way for vets to pick up some extra work on weekends."

Former Contractor - Mobile Vaccine Clinic Veterinarian

I worked at PawsPlus for more than 3 years

Pros

Preventative care only. No sick patients. (If those present, you refer them to a local vet.) Additional advice can be given to clients at your option.

Cons

You have to plan these days a couple of months in advance. It does knock out weekend days when you might otherwise be able to do things with people who have normal working schedules. Support staff is variable; some are not as experienced, so you just have to be patient and help them learn.

Advice to Management

The company has since been purchased by another outfit and I would anticipate improvements by them in how things are run.

PawsPlus2015-03-19
  9. "Great job for a student or if you like to travel."

Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at PawsPlus part-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to meet new people. Get to go to different stores in Georgia. Get gift cards every month. Get to travel.

Cons

Work every weekend. Have to drive. Work overtime. High turnover. Hardly get a lunch. Very busy.

Advice to Management

Work on the breaks.

PawsPlus2015-01-01
  10. "Counter sales"

Former Employee - COUNTER SALES in Borivali West

I worked at PawsPlus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Happy to give right advice to clients, And entertain them

Cons

Orders, payments, and meets with mr

PawsPlus2019-01-07