Cover image for Pax8

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The company does not value honesty or integrity, and it's pretty unbelievable how often management looks away at dishonesty.(in 7 reviews)
  • "This is contributing to employee turnover and it needs to be said over and over again that being good at your job does not translate directly into being a good manager.(in 5 reviews)
  • "They keep saying they're working on better training but it hasn't shown yet.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Pay is below market value.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pax8 and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Rocketship on a Hockey Stick

Nov 10, 2022 - Security Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unprecedented growth, rapidly evolving workplace, Hard work and expertise flourish

Cons

Currently at the cusp of flipping the switch from start-up to grown-up company (not really a "Con" tho)

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company / Great Culture

Nov 10, 2022 - Talent Acquisition in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible staff - positive interactions - supportive - pulling in the same direction - eager to help one another - common goals

Cons

Transition from pure startup to scaling and 'grown up' involves some challenges. They're very focused on this.

3. Join the Pax8 team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Advoc8, Inov8, Elev8, and Celebr8

Nov 8, 2022 - TechOps Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big Company Ambitions, Small Company Vibes. Growing Revenue, Gaining Efficiency, Reducing Risk. Pax8 commits itself to a family-like work environment.

Cons

A family-like work environment is a tall order to cultivate, protect, and grow.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

In Decline

Nov 16, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to do your job without micromanagement Lots of upward mobility, although this is plateuing as the company grows Unlimited PTO (as long as you hit quota) I would still recommend them to a friend but things are going downhill fast

Cons

Investors run the show now Zero transparency with the new quota model Implementing a new sales model that they call "our religion" - new leadership are leaning into the cult vibes very hard

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

The Best Company

Oct 25, 2022 - Software Engineer I in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Pay, Benefits, Co-Workers, Growth Opportunity

Cons

Extremely fast company growth is not for everyone

Chief People Officer

Thank you for the 5-star review. We are always thrilled to hear positive feedback from our team members. We are glad to hear that you find that the culture, people and rewards add to a positive experience at Pax8. We can't agree more that our incredibly fast growth is not an environment conducive to everyone, and we are glad you are along for the ride!

7. 2.0

Empty Promises

Oct 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work and good work/life balance.

Cons

-They talk a lot about career advancement and mobility but that's only true for certain teams and roles. A lot of departments are dead ends and it's almost impossible to escape them (even when going through the "career coaching" services they offer internally). Promotions seem to depend more on who you know than what you can do and you need to get "in" with the right people if you want to be considered. -The managers are rough. They keep saying they're working on better training but it hasn't shown yet. A lot of people have been promoted because they've been at the company for awhile but they aren't necessarily well equipped for leading teams or driving strategy for the stage of growth the business is in. It's painful to watch some managers that are so clearly in over their heads. -Compensation is 10-20% below comparable roles in the Denver market. It doesn't look like there's any sign the company will be adjusting salaries to match market rate any time soon.

5 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for your helpful review. While we wish all reviews were positive, we really appreciate constructive feedback as well. We are glad you appreciate our hybrid workplace model and the work/life balance you've experienced, we are disappointed that you have not achieved the career growth you'd hoped for. You are right that many of our People Leaders are new to leadership and need additional training and development. We have just launched a new training curriculum to strengthen leadership capability across Pax8. While change takes time, this is our #1 priority in Learning & Development. We do strive to remain competitive in our approach to total compensation and appreciate your perspective on market conditions. We will continue to monitor this closely. As always, we welcome a direct conversation about employee concerns. Please reach out to your People and Culture Team Business Partner or to me directly. Thanks again for your review.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Sad to see bureaucracies identify as culturally superior

Nov 21, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- best platform - best trajectory in the space - “okay compensation” see cons because the only pros are the medium (platform) -goal of this org is “Wal Mart” of tech

Cons

- abilities and skill sets don’t match compensation - “buddy” company that promotes friends over competency - bully tactics run rampant - too big too fail - kept watching phenomenal talent leave because everything I’m saying is true. Facts don’t lie. - more into social appeasement than professional acumen and skill sets -impostor syndrome everywhere -there’s a whole party subculture that determines professional outcome. Drug abuse in leadership -integrity isn’t PAX8’s thing. Showmanship is. -multiple MSPs are recognizing pax8 is full of gen z party employees- brand is bad in the space- not professional -go message 7 people in this position on LinkedIn and find out for yourself

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Company but not Perfect

Oct 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

No company is perfect but Pax8 is a great place to be. I'd recommend it 100%. Great work life balance.

Cons

constantly raising quotas, sales data delayed and corrupt at times, compensation is below industry average

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for the overall positive review and, we cannot agree more, Pax8 is not perfect! As we continue on our strong growth trajectory, we recognize that "getting it right" in our sales quotas and compensation is an ongoing priority. We will continue to focus on this to get the balance right. Our goal is to pay competitively within the market range and for top performers to have the opportunity to over-achieve. We will continue to closely monitor our total compensation in light of market changes. Thanks again for the positive review, and while we will neverr be perfect, we are glad you are here for the journey.

10. 4.0

Actually pretty cool

Oct 28, 2022 - Cloud Generation Specialist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

They work hard to maintain a good culture and that stands out against other companies ive worked for

Cons

You work hard, and you can definitely get paid more for doing less at other places but the culture and self-development i have had the opportunity to experience here is unmatched

Chief People Officer

Thank you for your positive review of your experience at Pax8. We truly value the feedback. One of our major initiatives in early 2023 is a comprehensive listening campaign to help Pax8 get a holistic view of the employee experience across all of our regions and teams. Our goal, as you suggest, is to continually focus on making the Pax8 experience truly extraordinary. Thanks again for your review and we are glad you are along for the ride!

11. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

“Holding out for the IPO”

Nov 14, 2022 - Chief Over the BS Officer in Greenwood Village, Optional[CO]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pro: Working with our partners is great. Happy hours can be fun and great ways to meet newer people. So happy to work from home! But that’s not why we are here right now. Holding out for the IPO is what most of us are saying to try and convince ourselves that this is worth it. The “culture” is NOTHING compared to what it’s said to be. It’s only for the select few. Don’t be fooled by the pretty pictures and pretty posts. It’s the same people time and time again who are those lucky few get to experience the special. The majority of the great things that are happening are in the UK and APAC, which is great, but it’s like those of us who helped build this from earlier days are now the forgotten step children. But we need to shut up and play our part or you are out.

Cons

Stop listening to the story that you will have rocket like growth here. Yes, the organization is growing fast, but the days of rapid career progression are gone. It’s just not the phase of the company anymore. Some roles are designed for rapid growth, but down be fooled that it’s that way for every department. It’s just an excuse to hire cheap out of the gates. Unless you are in sales or partner relationship roles, you’re stuck. Some other promotions tend to be constellation prizes. Pay is under market value. Culture is supposed to be the balance, but it’s a facade. Leadership is becoming chock full of buddies. No diversity. No real opportunity to make a positive change with all of this when the people you are supposed to go to about it are often the biggest bullies in the company or sweeping it under the rug is the directive.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 179 Reviews
</>Embed

Pax8 Reviews FAQs

Pax8 has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 187 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Pax8 to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pax8 employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pax8. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

80% of Pax8 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pax8 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pax8 to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Pax8 Job Seekers