- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- - Lone Tree, CO
- - Greenwood Village, CO
- - Greenwood Village, Optional[CO]
- - Littleton, CO
- - Centennial, CO
- - Oregon
- - Eugene, OR Area
- - Eugene, OR
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Boston, MA
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Atlanta, GA
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Bristol, United Kingdom Area
- - Bristol, England
- - Guildford, United Kingdom Area
- - Farnborough, England
- Turkey - All Cities
- - Istanbul
- - Istanbul, Turkey Area
- - Istanbul
Found 179 of over 187 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The company does not value honesty or integrity, and it's pretty unbelievable how often management looks away at dishonesty." (in 7 reviews)
- "This is contributing to employee turnover and it needs to be said over and over again that being good at your job does not translate directly into being a good manager." (in 5 reviews)
- "They keep saying they're working on better training but it hasn't shown yet." (in 5 reviews)
- "Pay is below market value." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Pax8 and is not affected by filters.
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 10, 2022 - Security OperationsRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Unprecedented growth, rapidly evolving workplace, Hard work and expertise flourish
Currently at the cusp of flipping the switch from start-up to grown-up company (not really a "Con" tho)
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 10, 2022 - Talent Acquisition in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Incredible staff - positive interactions - supportive - pulling in the same direction - eager to help one another - common goals
Transition from pure startup to scaling and 'grown up' involves some challenges. They're very focused on this.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 8, 2022 - TechOps Project Manager in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Big Company Ambitions, Small Company Vibes. Growing Revenue, Gaining Efficiency, Reducing Risk. Pax8 commits itself to a family-like work environment.
A family-like work environment is a tall order to cultivate, protect, and grow.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 16, 2022 - SalesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Freedom to do your job without micromanagement Lots of upward mobility, although this is plateuing as the company grows Unlimited PTO (as long as you hit quota) I would still recommend them to a friend but things are going downhill fast
Investors run the show now Zero transparency with the new quota model Implementing a new sales model that they call "our religion" - new leadership are leaning into the cult vibes very hardContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 25, 2022 - Software Engineer I in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Culture, Pay, Benefits, Co-Workers, Growth Opportunity
Extremely fast company growth is not for everyone
Thank you for the 5-star review. We are always thrilled to hear positive feedback from our team members. We are glad to hear that you find that the culture, people and rewards add to a positive experience at Pax8. We can't agree more that our incredibly fast growth is not an environment conducive to everyone, and we are glad you are along for the ride!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Remote work and good work/life balance.
-They talk a lot about career advancement and mobility but that's only true for certain teams and roles. A lot of departments are dead ends and it's almost impossible to escape them (even when going through the "career coaching" services they offer internally). Promotions seem to depend more on who you know than what you can do and you need to get "in" with the right people if you want to be considered. -The managers are rough. They keep saying they're working on better training but it hasn't shown yet. A lot of people have been promoted because they've been at the company for awhile but they aren't necessarily well equipped for leading teams or driving strategy for the stage of growth the business is in. It's painful to watch some managers that are so clearly in over their heads. -Compensation is 10-20% below comparable roles in the Denver market. It doesn't look like there's any sign the company will be adjusting salaries to match market rate any time soon.Continue reading
Thank you for your helpful review. While we wish all reviews were positive, we really appreciate constructive feedback as well. We are glad you appreciate our hybrid workplace model and the work/life balance you've experienced, we are disappointed that you have not achieved the career growth you'd hoped for. You are right that many of our People Leaders are new to leadership and need additional training and development. We have just launched a new training curriculum to strengthen leadership capability across Pax8. While change takes time, this is our #1 priority in Learning & Development. We do strive to remain competitive in our approach to total compensation and appreciate your perspective on market conditions. We will continue to monitor this closely. As always, we welcome a direct conversation about employee concerns. Please reach out to your People and Culture Team Business Partner or to me directly. Thanks again for your review.
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 21, 2022 - SalesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- best platform - best trajectory in the space - “okay compensation” see cons because the only pros are the medium (platform) -goal of this org is “Wal Mart” of tech
- abilities and skill sets don’t match compensation - “buddy” company that promotes friends over competency - bully tactics run rampant - too big too fail - kept watching phenomenal talent leave because everything I’m saying is true. Facts don’t lie. - more into social appeasement than professional acumen and skill sets -impostor syndrome everywhere -there’s a whole party subculture that determines professional outcome. Drug abuse in leadership -integrity isn’t PAX8’s thing. Showmanship is. -multiple MSPs are recognizing pax8 is full of gen z party employees- brand is bad in the space- not professional -go message 7 people in this position on LinkedIn and find out for yourselfContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 26, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
No company is perfect but Pax8 is a great place to be. I'd recommend it 100%. Great work life balance.
constantly raising quotas, sales data delayed and corrupt at times, compensation is below industry average
Thank you for the overall positive review and, we cannot agree more, Pax8 is not perfect! As we continue on our strong growth trajectory, we recognize that "getting it right" in our sales quotas and compensation is an ongoing priority. We will continue to focus on this to get the balance right. Our goal is to pay competitively within the market range and for top performers to have the opportunity to over-achieve. We will continue to closely monitor our total compensation in light of market changes. Thanks again for the positive review, and while we will neverr be perfect, we are glad you are here for the journey.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 28, 2022 - Cloud Generation Specialist in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They work hard to maintain a good culture and that stands out against other companies ive worked for
You work hard, and you can definitely get paid more for doing less at other places but the culture and self-development i have had the opportunity to experience here is unmatchedContinue reading
Thank you for your positive review of your experience at Pax8. We truly value the feedback. One of our major initiatives in early 2023 is a comprehensive listening campaign to help Pax8 get a holistic view of the employee experience across all of our regions and teams. Our goal, as you suggest, is to continually focus on making the Pax8 experience truly extraordinary. Thanks again for your review and we are glad you are along for the ride!
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 14, 2022 - Chief Over the BS Officer in Greenwood Village, Optional[CO]RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Pro: Working with our partners is great. Happy hours can be fun and great ways to meet newer people. So happy to work from home! But that’s not why we are here right now. Holding out for the IPO is what most of us are saying to try and convince ourselves that this is worth it. The “culture” is NOTHING compared to what it’s said to be. It’s only for the select few. Don’t be fooled by the pretty pictures and pretty posts. It’s the same people time and time again who are those lucky few get to experience the special. The majority of the great things that are happening are in the UK and APAC, which is great, but it’s like those of us who helped build this from earlier days are now the forgotten step children. But we need to shut up and play our part or you are out.
Stop listening to the story that you will have rocket like growth here. Yes, the organization is growing fast, but the days of rapid career progression are gone. It’s just not the phase of the company anymore. Some roles are designed for rapid growth, but down be fooled that it’s that way for every department. It’s just an excuse to hire cheap out of the gates. Unless you are in sales or partner relationship roles, you’re stuck. Some other promotions tend to be constellation prizes. Pay is under market value. Culture is supposed to be the balance, but it’s a facade. Leadership is becoming chock full of buddies. No diversity. No real opportunity to make a positive change with all of this when the people you are supposed to go to about it are often the biggest bullies in the company or sweeping it under the rug is the directive.Continue reading
Pax8 Reviews FAQs
Pax8 has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 187 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Pax8 to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
80% of Pax8 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pax8 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.