People Science Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Christine Nichlos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to gain experience!"

Current Employee - Talent Advisor in Shrewsbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Talent Advisor in Shrewsbury, NJ

I have been working at People Science full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work with several different clients in multiple industries, freedom to work on different sourcing methods, and amazing coworkers! Family friendly, supportive of life transitions, and willing to let you work from home after you have proved yourself and in emergency situations. No having to use PTO on snow days.

Cons

Would like to see some more growth opportunities within the organization. Additional benefits would also add to the full comp plans.

Advice to Management

Maybe structure a career plan program to increase opportunities for growth for employees who express interest and have proved themselves.

2. "hell on earth"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Shrewsbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Shrewsbury, NJ

I have been working at People Science full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it's a paycheck...kind of? there's a 20 word minimum but I can't think of how to fill this space...

Cons

narcissist management. favoritism given to employees allowing work at home, calling out when someone doesn't have day care. you're in a constant limbo whether the company will be there tomorrow as they are losing clients left and right due to ridiculous contracts the narcissist owner signs.

Advice to Management

treat your employees like employees, not your personal punching bag when things go wrong because of your stupid business decisions!

Jul 25, 2017 – CEO

I am very dismayed to hear of your dislike for your position and our company. It is our intent as a company and my intent as the Owner, to assure we provide a work place that promotes not only good... More

"No money, no growth"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Shrewsbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Shrewsbury, NJ

I worked at People Science full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are awesome in every sense of the word. We all worked together on various recruiting projects and got along with each other quite well. The open floor seating was nice because we could all talk with one another to vent or simply joke around in between calls.

Cons

You will never be paid what you deserve. The CEO is always bragging about the deals she's making and the overall success of the company, yet everyone is paid in peanuts. There is pretty much no room for growth or advancement and it is basically a dead end job. The nepotism and favoritism is obvious and in your face.

Advice to Management

Pay people a little better and maybe the place won't become a revolving door.

May 16, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Understanding the perspective of all employees, current and past, is very helpful to me and our management team in gauging our success in creating an... More

"Talent Advisor"

I have been working at People Science full-time

Pros

It is a job, not a career. Good place to get a start to recruiting

Cons

Low pay, unstable job/unstable clients, and unstable management. Don't have high expectations when coming here and you will be ok. Management is erratic and may give you praise or reprimand you and /or your peers out on the open floor.

May 16, 2017 – CEO

"Manager"

I have been working at People Science full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. The people you work for care about you! Its rare in TA you get to work as part of a team but that's what I love the most about people science you are never alone and you always have team members to lean on.

Cons

health benefits are little expensive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

6. "Talent Advisor"

I have been working at People Science full-time

Pros

I would say the environment, the coworkers are super helpful, the job can become manageable all you have to do is try.

Cons

None so far, I am still new here so i will have to be here longer to see if there are any cons.

7. "Recruiter"

I worked at People Science full-time

Pros

Trained to be a recruiter, many phone calls, input into application tracking system, work with different customers.

Cons

Salary and bonus not the greatest.

"Tired of seeing all the bashing and none of the good things"

I have been working at People Science full-time

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at People Science is for the team environment. The ability to find new ways to make the company better and see that you CAN make a difference. Yes, not every day is going to be a stellar day, but what job is! We all have an amazing environment to work in and we are not micro managed like some jobs I have had in the past. If you didn't make it here it's probably due to your attitude and work ethic. Yes, you have to work hard. We are a small company and to make yourself stand out in the crowd it requires hard work and standing up when the going gets tough. You will never make it far in any job just doing the minimum which is what usually causes people to be let go or to leave on their own. You have to be proud in your work and strive to the best you can everyday. Again, not just here but that should be the feeling you have for any job. At least here you can try to be more and move up if you have the right talent and mindset. I've seen time and time again when issues, personal or not, have come up with employees in the office and Management has tried to do everything that they can to help that person out. A lot of times without a second thought as to what it might do to the daily production of the office, but to make sure that they are in as good of a place as they can be. None of that good ever seems to be mentioned here. Again just the doom and gloom of what probably is an ex employee that couldn't handle the job, checked out of the job or was already looking for, or had a job already waiting for them. I could spend more time talking about the good things than i can the bad. So for all the bashing of the company you see here, remember where the source probably is coming from. No one ever comes to these places often enough to say good things, only the bad.

Cons

The cons are what you make it. If you can't follow the commonalities that we share as a company then you probably don't belong here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. There's always going to be the few that feel that this is the place to be able to say nothing but the bad things and none of the good. That's where trying to be transparent as a company becomes a hard goal to achieve at times. Again, there aren't always going to be sunshiny days and i think we all get that. But that's where the difference of being a leader and not just being boss makes a difference.

9. "Great place to learn and grow if you're willing to to try"

I have been working at People Science full-time

Pros

Team work environment, variety of projects, work you are given is based on your strongest qualities and allows you to follow your interests.

Cons

Can be a bit stressful at times but I think every job is like that.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor and train the Jr. Team members and allow them opportunities to be part of the bigger picture.

"You should be ashamed of yourself CHRISTINE NICHOLS !!!"

I worked at People Science full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let's you get your foot in the door of the recruiting world

Cons

Management favors few and under pays employees across the board

Advice to Management

You ask your employees to be amazing in everything they do, yet you expect them to be idiots when it comes to salary. There is no negotiation regarding salary.You ask the employee to either accept to be under payed by close to 25% less then market value, or threaten them to "loose your offer" if you don't accept their lowball offer immediately. It's a shame that Christine Nichols can ask so much of everyone, yet think every employee is clueless, needy, or just plain naive to ask for a fair wage. People Science helps companies put policies in place to reduce turnover and increase production, yet the turnover rate at People Science is mind blowing. If you are not willing to pay your best talent then how do you expect to retain them? It's going to cost you a lot more to replace the talent you are going to loose, rather then just do what is right and pay a fair wage. You may be a private business, but anyone who can do this job is capable of finding out how much you earn as a private company. There is a reason why your profits are always high, yet employee morale is extremely low. Think about how you are constantly trying to take shortcuts regarding pay, when everyday your managers stress that everyone should give 100%. It just doesn't make sense. Please take your own advise instead of assuming you are the only one who knows what is going on, it was very insulting.

Feb 4, 2016 – CEO

While I appreciate feedback of our company and believe there are lessons to be learned from every comment and or exchange, I do not feel ashamed of my practices or the company’s practices around... More