Piqora Reviews | Glassdoor

Piqora Reviews

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good startup culture"

I have been working at Piqora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I joined Piqora about 2 years ago we have been aggressively growing. A lot of processes have been put in place to support that growth. Unfortunately those created silos across departments and it did not feel like a startup. About 8 months ago management started addressing these very seriously and they involved the entire team in changing the nature of the company. The culture was codified, the silos were broken down, the cross-team collaboration has increased and now it feels like the startup I always wanted to join! I have closely worked with different teams within the company, with the customers directly and even participated in sales calls. The company has an open vacation policy that we actually get to use - no questions asked! Everyone's input is valued when it comes to building the next set of products. The management team is very transparent regarding finances, market, and growth. Other perks are catered lunches, team events, happy hours.

Cons

Piqora is in a very competitive market. The team is very innovative but needs to find the right product to rise above the noise.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and grow the company in this direction culturally. The rest will sort itself out.

2. "Ups and Downs"

I worked at Piqora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Startups are challenging and certainly not for everyone. But they also tend to give you back as much as you give, and this was certainly the case for me with Piqora. I was able to accomplish things with my career I would've never thought possible when I first joined. Any company that offers you that opportunity certainly has a lot going for it.

Not everything is handled perfectly, and that is never an excuse, but you will find that at a lot of startups. The key to look for is if mistakes are being learned from. Admittedly that is not always the case at Piqora, but they are certainly learning more and more from missteps.

Cons

The culture at Piqora was not perfect. The founders are still trying to sort out exactly what that culture is and it has made for some rough times. When you hire without truly knowing your identity you are bound to end up with great people who may just not be in the right environment, and that certainly is the case here.

If you plan on joining, take some time to understand how the founders work and what exactly they are looking for. You should do this anywhere, but especially here. If you find yourself a fit, you will benefit greatly, but it can be punishing if it is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Focus on finding yourself culturally. Challenges will always be there, it is your culture and the people in it that ensure you can face those challenges head on.

3. "Going after the exciting space of UGC Photo Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Piqora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Piqora is poised to take advantage of the huge surge in demand for UGC photos in brand marketing. What is already a strong platform for publishing on visual channels like Instagram and Pinterest, Piqora has now expanded with a search tool for UGC photos. The atmosphere is super innovative, product development is fast and everyone is heads down and focussed to make this company a huge success.

Cons

This is a start-up and a very fast moving one. Everyone is doing 200% - so if you can't operate at that pace, Piqora will be a difficult place.

Advice to Management

Lets keep it going and stay focussed!

4. "Fast paced work environment"

I worked at Piqora full-time

Pros

You wear multiple hats and work on exciting projects. Best of the best talent. Managers encourage you to move fast and hold a high bar. You get public and vocal recognition in all hands. culture is changing with joint lunches and happy hours. Free lunch and caltrain pass. Unlimited work from anywhere.

Cons

company is going through changes. Old guard is gone. memories of downsizing can linger. Good for folks who like new challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep it open and be kind to people. They might not embrace the new world as fast as you might think. Be more patient.

"Don't Work Here."

I worked at Piqora full-time

Pros

(1) There were some truly amazing and smart people who worked with here that I'd love to work with again. Unfortunately, a volatile, negative CEO made it a miserable place for everyone to be in.
    (2) Catered lunch daily.
    (3) Learning what I DON'T want - through this experience, I learned a lot about what I don't want in a job or workplace environment and I learned how to deal with toxic, negative and disrespectful people in the workplace.

Cons

(1) Toxic, negative workplace - People are constantly in fear that they will be yelled at and chastised publicly, which happens frequently.
    (2) Transparency and honesty - decisions made behind closed doors and there's no context on why these are made. Without context on why decisions are made, decisions and company direction feel exclusive, rather than inclusive. The company has also shifted direction and downsized without actually being upfront and honest by simply saying "we aren't doing well." It's okay to just call it out and share what you're trying to change.
    (3) Lack of recognition, period - don't expect to be encouraged for doing well or praised in any way, even for going above and beyond your job description and exceeding goals.
    (4) Lack of respect for women - women are treated as second class citizens in the workplace, jokes about "women not being as smart as men" and "women shouldn't have children if they have a job."
    (5) Lack of collaboration - certain people's opinions don't matter and it's not a collaborative workspace. When people do have the opportunity to share, they are frequently talked over and harassed - which causes them to not share in the future.

6. "You Get Out what You Put In"

I worked at Piqora full-time

Pros

I learned a great deal while working at Piqora. I was privileged to work under excellent middle management, who worked with me to achieve my professional growth goals. This, I feel, is the best part about working at Piqora. If you put in time and effort, you are rewarded with additional training, guidance, and responsibilities. I was fortunate to work with an excellent team to achieve great results, and in so doing met many new lifelong personal and professional friends.

Cons

As a young company in an emerging market space, Piqora faced many challenges. Changes in market and company direction were frequent, but management was transparent with these, and I felt like any concerns I had were heard and responded to.

Advice to Management

Cultivate and value talent that will make the company a positive, supportive and successful place to work.

"Piqora is a great place to work and supports a culture that cares about and values its people."

Pros

Very strong management team - The marketing lead is exceptional and truly cares that his team is in a position to execute and succeed.

Smart and down to earth founder and CEO - He’s the polar opposite of arrogant and truly cares about all of his people.

Strong market positioning and product - Piqora is a great product. It’s new within its space, and that’s a strong competitive advantage. The team is smart and is constantly looking for new opportunities to enhance its product.

The leadership team takes an active role to ensure my teammates advance in the direction that they want. While I am personally not trying to advance within the company (I like my current role), I’ve been proud to see my colleagues take on new responsibilities and challenges, every day.

This is a great culture. There have probably been some kinks before my time, but the company’s heart is truly in the right place. The company is backed my amazing advisors who are very much in the background, helping the company grow. I feel very lucky to be a part of this company’s growth story.

Cons

Growing pains, new and uncharted market, early stage

8. "My first year taught me ALOT"

Pros

The first year at Piqora was an exciting time for my professional and personal growth. I met wonderful people who I remain friends with today and took a leadership role in spearheading sales strategies, training and assisting in customer success. This company gave me strong opportunities to grow and challenge myself.

Cons

Didn't promote or hire the right leadership, but those people are gone now.

Advice to Management

Cultivate and value the people that make the company a positive, progressive and supportive place to work.

"Any review above 1 star on here was either written by or directly solicited by the CEO."

Pros

Free lunch is delivered daily.

Cons

Piqora did a great job of hiring fantastic people, and a lousy job of respecting them and keeping them. They hire great talent just to fire them, and use Glassdoor reviews as a way to throw hard working employees under the bus for the failures of the leadership.

A volatile CEO that makes empty promises and gossips like a high school girl.

Management without direction.

Advice to Management

Understand that people left great jobs to join Piqora under false pretenses. If you want your employees to respect you and be loyal to you, treat them the same way.

"Employer enforces false reviews, shady work environment, inexperienced management-HEADING TOWARDS FAILURE!!"

Pros

Catered lunches
    fun employees
    fun team outings
    great product

Cons

-Perverted upper management
    - No solid direction of the Company
    - Every week pricing changes, no one knows what's going on. CEO keeps raising $$ without have a direction

Advice to Management

Reality Check!! Learn to run a real company maybe seek professional help. Making sexual comments towards female employees, calling employees dumb, and not having a solid direction is hurting you!