Pixability Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bettina Hein

1. "Best Place I've Worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pixability full-time

Pros

Pix really gives you the autonomy to take initiative, while being there if you have questions. The work/life balance is the best I have ever had! I can work at home as needed and don't have to worry about my manager being upset about it. The way it is at Pix, if you get your job done, you can have as much flexibility as needed. I'm proud to work at a place that I consider a second family.

Cons

As with any start-up, things can get chaotic. When you are moving very quickly the structure can get lost. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a "con" because most startups experience this type of growing pain.

Advice to Management

Make sure we are rewarding the employees that need to be rewarded and not holding on to employees that don't fit our culture.

"Low pay and lots of politics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Pixability (More than a year)

Pros

Happy hours, company outings.
    Most of the people who made this place amazing have now fled for better jobs.

Cons

The managers they have do not know how to manage people, let alone motivate. I saw several instances of employees being treated disrespectfully during team meetings. There is a good deal of favoritism and discrimination taking place as well. Some employees are being severely undervalued in terms of pay.
    Vacation is supposedly unlimited, BUT for every day of vacation that you take you will be grilled as to why you took that day off, while managers take weeks off without any issues. Working from home is also frowned upon.
    Promotions are more seniority based as opposed to performance based, also the pay is much lower than in similar advertising companies.
    They also tend to hold onto the quarterly bonuses if you announce your leaving before it was paid out, which is outrageous let alone illegal.

Advice to Management

Work harder to keep your top talent or they won't be there for long. If people do leave, at least pay what you owe them.

3. "Excellent culture and challenging work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

At Pixability, there are a lot of extremely talented individuals who are down to earth and love to share their knowledge. Everyone believes in the values and the culture of the company, and management does a great job in listening to inputs from everyone.
    Great perks.
    Challenging work.
    Helpful and talented coworkers.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

4. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Producer/Editor in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Producer/Editor in Rockford, IL

I worked at Pixability (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly creative team. Great environment. Brilliant, innovative management.

Cons

The only con is that there wasn't a staff position I could fill with the company.

5. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I worked at Pixability (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a strong culture and great people. The CEO is awesome and very committed to her team. Also, diversity is real here in all departments which is great.

Cons

Because of the newness of the company and the fast growth, you definitely need to be comfortable working with little direction. Don't ask questions, find answers on your own.

Advice to Management

Maybe ramp back the hiring pace as it takes people awhile to onboard everyone.

6. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

Great culture, management is good.

Cons

High expectations, little diversity in work

7. "Great place to work, great quality of life and challenges daily"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Pixability full-time

Pros

The work environment really challenges you to become all that you are - even outside of your job requirements, you're encouraged to try different things, express opinions and interests, etc. It's very open, very positive, and a great place to grow. Management is extremely supportive, team structures are great. Lots of collaboration and quick thinking here.

Cons

Nothing really to add in terms of cons from my experience. Your job definitely changes day to day, so you're constantly learning new things, working hard on new projects, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Great company heading towards future growth."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Incredible colleagues, great company culture, everyone is very dedicated to our mission. Good focus on keeping employees happy, and definitely great at hiring.

Cons

Starting to feel some growing pains as we reach 50 employees, more bureaucratic processes working their way into the company. Resources spread a bit too thin, and many have too much work to keep up with.

Advice to Management

Expand hiring based on actual need vs. quarterly quotas. Consider training remote employees in HQ for several months until they are ready to work in new territories.

9. "Supportive, engaging, wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pixability full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

--Learn from experienced industry professionals who are passionate about growing the company
    --Work with some of the best and brightest software engineers, marketing professionals, client managers, and finance people around
    --Laugh and have a wonderful time every day in the office

Cons

--Hours can sometimes be long, but that is part of a startup culture. Everyone is working towards making something big, and the work pays off!

10. "Pixability Rocks"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Innovative, fast paced, analytical, science driven, next generation company... unbelievably connected to the IT and Marketing world. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

Lots of hours (they are a startup) and you have to pay to play (salary will be minimal but the upside is huge)

Advice to Management

Look for the absolute best talent available for each position and find a way to hire them. We spent so much time coddling inferior talent that it cost us much more than if we went the extra yard.