KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pixability Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2022

Found 39 of over 44 reviews

4.0
Pixability CEO David George (no image)
David George

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

I love working at Pixability

Jun 20, 2022 - Senior Data Scientist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is fast path but lots of great idea Open and transparent

Cons

Not any I feel right now

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Place to work

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team members. You can do a lot of things and learn new things

Cons

Salary below market, No 401K match

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

You don't want to work here

May 23, 2022 - Technical Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of the people are really nice.

Cons

Terrible leadership. I was at Pixability for years and the new CTO is the total worst. No vision. No plans. Has no idea what he's doing. Programmers deserve better

Pixability Response

We’re thrilled that you found the team really nice - we think so too! It’s unfortunate that you had a negative experience gaining mentorship/leadership from our CTO. Though we appreciate your feedback, that is not the experience of other team members. In fact, he is highly regarded for his leadership and mentoring capabilities and has deep experience in our industry. He is receptive to constructive feedback, so we’d encourage you to reach out directly to him.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing

Apr 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and people, amazing benefits

Cons

No cons currently to state

5. 5.0

Incredible People & Upwards Trajectory

Feb 3, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Very smart and capable team -Genuinely Care for their people -Great Benefits -Competitive Salary -Hot Market

Cons

None I can think of

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Well timed startup with great culture on a mission

May 13, 2021 - Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has a clear and focused mission with great product-market fit in a super hot market. Puts real energy into creating a great team culture that cares about the team as much as business success.

Cons

Is often tempted to broaden the focus, but manages to stay on course.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Overall a good working experience

May 19, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed working environment. Fun people. Snacks. Nice office.

Cons

Seemed like a disorganized company.

8. 5.0

Good place to work

Mar 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

interesting industry, novel technology in a nascent market

Cons

not a great culture, but they were trying.

Pixability Response

Culture is very important to us and we do work hard to make sure that it is extremely positive, collaborative, open, honest, inclusive and fun. We will continue to re-enforce these values as we continue to scale our business and number of employees to meet the demand for our solutions for YouTube and CTV advertising. https://www.pixability.com/careers-culture/

9. 3.0

Unless you are from Boston

Jan 20, 2021 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun events, Google/YT product experience, try to be inclusive

Cons

Unless you are based in the Boston office you will get lost at sea, and it's hard to break into the HQ crew. It's also a hard sell because agencies and clients are taking this type of "product" in-house to save costs, few companies/brands are willing to pay premium upcharges for 3rd party services. Unrealistic goals and payout structures.

2 people found this review helpful

Pixability Response

It's unfortunate that we were not a mutual fit and parted ways. While the company's HQ is in Boston, we are geographically distributed and have employees across the U.S. as well as team members in Canada and the U.K.. Our business continues to flourish and build up on our record revenue in 2020. https://www.pixability.com/recent-press-releases/pixability-achieves-record-revenue-performance-in-2020/

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing 2020 and more to come!

Sep 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pixability has had a stellar 2020, even amid the pandemic, and by far has the greatest values and work/life balance of *any* company with which I've ever worked. Our CEO, David, and our senior management, truly care about the well being of their employees, and it shows. David's a family man himself! I know 'cuz I follow him on Instagram :) I'm an engineer at Pix, and personally have been coding, co-founding, and tech leading for (gasp) 24 years now... so I've seen a thing or two. Just something to remember as you read the following... ;-) 2020 has brought with it some amazing opportunities for the company, both from a business and technical perspective. I'm proud to say that when those opportunities present themselves, employees both on the business and the technical side rally to "reach for the stars" with a camaraderie I've not felt elsewhere. The tech org is comprised of no-ego, talented, dedicated people that truly all want to help one another achieve their short- and long-term technical tasks and overall goals. It's an open environment where people are free to share their ideas for group discussion and seek consensus. Post-mortems are blameless, truly (we're all human, and humans make mistakes!). We also have weekly (but optional) engineering "Power Hours" where engineers can discuss really anything they like or are passionate about.. ideally as long as there is some semblance of engineering involved in the topic, but... we're flexible :) You'll see a history of reviews here that are less than stellar, and mentions of lots of turnover. There definitely was that "undercurrent" here for some time, but now, those days truly feel like they're behind us. We've been "under new technical management" here so to speak, and as a result, the tech culture, processes, and communication have improved in spades. So... if you'd like to work at a place that values your home life as well as your work life, with a bunch of down-to-earth people that are talented but don't wear it on their sleeve, come check us out! It's a new day here at Pix... you'll be glad you did!

Cons

You've got me here. There's really nothing I don't like about the place.. and NO... this is not a paid or solicited review! Work is flexible, management trusts employees to get their work done, and has been immeasurably understanding with everyones' individual challenges that have come with the pandemic. I really couldn't ask for more in a company.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews

Pixability Reviews FAQs

Pixability has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Pixability to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pixability employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pixability. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

68% of Pixability employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pixability 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pixability to be management, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation.

Popular Careers with Pixability Job Seekers