Primacy Relocation LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Primacy Relocation LLC Reviews

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kim Froggatt
1 Rating

1. "I enjoyed my time at this company."

Former Employee - Billing Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Billing Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I worked at Primacy Relocation LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Staff was competent, worked well together and the culture was very family like. There were picnics, family fun days, and a great work environment.

Cons

Long hours, difficult to feel as though you are doing "enough." Chronically understaffed, and the benefits were really lacking. Also, no 401K matching.

Advice to Management

Give employees more access to furthering education. Make sure the budgets are fully formed before deciding on head count. Work with HR to get better coordinated benefits.

2. "Great atmosphere and benefits."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Primacy Relocation LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management is nice as well as upper management. Open door policy.

Cons

Low salaries and very little growth. Employees had low morale and poor attitudes.

Advice to Management

Treat employees more like people and less like numbers.

3. "Go-getters beware"

Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Memphis, TN

Pros

Primacy's greatest asset is its people. They are a joy to work with, even across departments. Work-life balance is stressed almost to a fault, as it is hard to get everything done in 40 hours per week.

Cons

Primacy is a relocation firm, so it is tied heavily to the housing market. When things are bad in the housing market, things are bad for Primacy, and vice versa. Also, you have very little recourse to catch up if you get behind. You need a supervisor to be with you if you want to work after normal hours or on the weekend, regardless of how much work you have to do. You are looked down upon by your peers if you work through your lunch break, and will even get a call from HR if you make that a habit. I spent more time in pointless meetings than I would have liked as well.

Advice to Management

Communication is great, but don't hold a 2 hour meeting about something that could have been sent via email.

5. "Great for straight-out-of college Job"

Former Employee - Expense Analyst
    Former Employee - Expense Analyst

Pros

People were really nice, calm and quiet environment. (let you listen to iPods)
    good entry level experience. PTOs were good.

Cons

too much workload and daily deadlines which was very stressful. Pointless meetings, pay is poor for the amount of responsibilities given. Favoritism existed live and well. Too many lay offs. Training was ineffective. (pretty much throw new-hires under the bus)

Advice to Management

Find a better solution for processing expenses. change how deadlines are met. Give an increase in pay. Allocated duties more equally.

6. "Wish I knew then what I know now!"

Current Employee - Relocation Consultant
    Current Employee - Relocation Consultant

Pros

Casual dress code, friendly coworkers, reasonably flexible shcedules, basic benefits such as PTO, health, dental, vision, 401k, ST & LT disability

Cons

Bonuses completely unattainable, bickering between departments, very poor expense processing department (many mistakes with an "oh well" attitude) leads to a lot of dissatisfied customers that take out their anger on the consultants, health insurance premiums tripled this year for worse benefits (Cigna Insurance) than last year, lots of layoffs, no match for the 401k anymore. Oh! AND they cut our salaries by 5% with a 2 year freeze on raises. When we eventually do get raises, it will start from the new lower salaries instead of bumping us back up to where we were before.

Advice to Management

Need to bill clients differently to avoid having to lay off so many employees that departments are really understaffed. The referral thing is not working anymore in this economy!