Proclinical Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2021

4.2
Proclinical CEO Paul Strouts
Paul Strouts
Pros
  • "Good enough commission structure, very good basic salary(in 10 reviews)

• "g, LinkedIn Recruiter Licences for everyone and access to all major job boards)(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, high pressure and drive to meet KPIs(in 8 reviews)

• "Decent commission structure for Consultants, but Sourcers (rookies) get a lower plan for first 6m-1y of training(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Proclinical Review

Apr 19, 2021 - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work environment. Interactive team incentives

Cons

No cons at the moment!

2. 5.0

Great Company

Apr 16, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, both in this office and working remotely. While the office is currently remote, the team is still close knit and collaborative daily. Lots of development workshops to continue to improve your skills, which will help within the business or even the overall industry.

Cons

Work life balance can be an issue, but it's really up to the individual. If you want to work 8 hours a day, you can, if you want to put in extra work, it can get addicting. You likely will not need to work longer than 8 hours if you prioritize appropriately.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

AMAZING Work Experience and Culture!

Mar 4, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with Proclinical for a little under two years and had such a positive experience. It is by far one of the most well-round companies and staffing firms out there. My biggest takeaway was probably the management and mentorship I received. Management really cared about each individual consultants' success and well-being and always made sure that we had all the help and resources to be successful at our jobs. Recruitment can become very stressful at times and it means so much when you have your managers and colleagues to lean on when it gets tough. The culture in our office and team made Proclinical such a great environment to work and grow in; every accomplishment, big or small, was acknowledged and celebrated, and everyone is super approachable and friendly. There's honestly no better feeling than closing a deal, or hitting an incentive or a promotion, and being able to celebrate all your hard work with your team. The company is definitely a great place to establish yourself and succeed. Even with little to no recruitment experience, the on-going training program is such a great resource, and all the senior level consultants and managers are always so happy and eager to help in whatever way they can. Also, the job distribution structure and the client services structure at PC makes sure that everyone gets a fair shot a achieving goals and targets. Being able to specialize in a specific function and work with such great Pharma and Biotech companies on the market can allow you to grow in so many ways. At the end of the day, if you put in the hard work on a day-to-day, you can literally see the results first hand at PC. It's a very rewarding company and job and I saw first hand that you can be super successful regardless of how long you've been recruiting for. I credit a lot of that to the managers and structure of the company but also the confidence I gained from my colleagues and mentors.

Cons

Recruitment in general can get very stressful and there is always going to be a degree of internal and external competition, even at Proclinical. However, PC does give you the trainings and tools necessary to make sure you can be successful, but in turn, you also have to make sure you utilize them and work hard.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Amazing Company!! Highly Recommend

Oct 13, 2020 - Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was fortunate enough to spend the last few months working at Proclinical. This is one recruitment agency that I truly have nothing but positive things to say about. The development and support that is provided by managers and upper management is incredible and everyone truly wants to see you do well. There is no micro-managing, they aren't there to breath down your throat or to drive you nuts about your KPIs. The people here are very knowledgable and level-headed, making this a great work environment. They're extremely trusting of their employees and it's a very mature environment which you won't find often. No favoritism, no cliques, just a well run recruitment agency. I would highly recommend working for Proclinical.

Cons

No cons to share from my experience with this company.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great People

Feb 18, 2021 - Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

good development good money to be made good people / very fun

Cons

not always sure who you are reporting to

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0

Good place to work

Mar 5, 2021 - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment to work in

Cons

No cons at all here

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Competitive Organization

May 5, 2020 - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fantastic. Some of the best recruiters I've ever worked with. Extremely competitive and creative group of people. Senior Leadership does a good job of communicating goals and deliverables even though most of them sit outside the United States. Even throughout this COVID-19 pandemic, the Senior Leadership team has been accessible and forthright. Promotions are merit based. You hit your target, you get promoted. If you don't hit your target, the leadership team tries to help you make adjustments to show progress. The culture is work hard, play hard. Recruitment can be draining, and the Consultants normally socialize with each other outside the work place - going out to eat or having drinks after working hours etc. Base salaries are competitive; commission structures are as good, if not better than any other recruitment firm in the area.

Cons

I don't necessarily see this as a "con" but it's a very competitive environment (not unlike most recruitment firms). Competitive people tend to be more successful here. Health insurance is decent but not great.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Really Enjoyable and Supportive

May 5, 2020 - Associate Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started in January and due to personal circumstances had to be remote based, all the right efforts were made to make it work for me. The team is really knowledgable and have helped me learn about the end to end life sciences industry. The team's scientific knowledge impressed me and I learned how this market works quickly. I have felt overall supported and part of the team, without even being in the office! Even as an experienced recruiter the learning and development team have been great at getting me involved and continuing my development. I have been given the freedom to make decisions about how my vertical is developed, and I haven't felt micromanaged. Commission structures are transparent and fair.

Cons

I use my own laptop and phone, but that was a personal choice, both were offered to me. Internal competition on vacancies is new to me, and I think that it would be more efficient to only have one recruiter working on a vacancy at any one time, but the internal competition helps to drive productivity and keep skills sharp / prevents people getting too comfortable.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Dec 18, 2020 - Packer/Shipper in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are competitive good salary.

Cons

I have no complaints about working here.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

You'd be better off selling used cars.

Apr 1, 2020 - Associate Recruiter in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's a high focus on InMails for sourcing. They give you 400 InMails a month on LinkedIn and for that reason there isn't much cold calling expected. Since there is client managers, there's roles to start working on right away for the most part, you don't need to create your own business. However, there isn't much expectation on pulling clients, mostly a 180 desk even though they'll say it is 360.

Cons

Everyone on here is saying that the Learning and Development Program is outstanding, it's not that great in terms of business development, decent at best for sourcing candidates and qualifications calls. I was "Fired" in the middle of the Coronavirus epidemic and they cited "I wasn't producing enough business". Meanwhile I had only been there two months, I had a total of 15 interviews in those two months, my talk time was the highest in the office (their main KPI I was over 2 hours a day consistently), and I had 7 late stage interviews ongoing with offers due to come in next week. .......they fired me so they wouldn't have to pay out my commission, everyone else had billed $0 at that point for that quarter. Lastly, when they fired me, they hacked into my LinkedIn account and downloaded all my information and changed my password to my personal account. In my office there were a number of conversations about personal sexual activity and illegal drug use out in the open. There's a lot of favoritism.

8 people found this review helpful