Project Apex Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Josh Tolsma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "One of the better MLMs"

Pros

Great office culture
    Trainers care about their people
    You grow or you leave

Cons

MLM structure
    Office can get pretty hot

2. "Entry Level"

Former Employee - Entry Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Entry Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Project Apex full-time

Pros

High Energy environment and staff

Cons

misleading ads about job
    Misleading information on job description
    They say it isn't cold calls or door to door sales (technically it isn't), But you are literally harassing people at WALMART and attempting to get them to buy Direct Tv (The only fortune 500 company they work with, and the only company they work with at all), as if it is the 90's.

Advice to Management

Don't say you work with fortune 500 companies, when you only work with one. Also, don't try to make your sales gimmick seem any less abrasive than cold calls or door to door sales. Rather, be upfront about the fact that you are harassing humans grocery shopping at Walmart and trying to convince them to buy a service (it isn't the 90's anymore... there is no real money in your company unless you get bought out and terminated).

Especially, don't take people with degrees that deserve more than you have to offer. Most have families, and you come nowhere near offering any sort of benefit other than being a fast paced, loud environment. People need financial security... and health insurance.

"Scam"

I worked at Project Apex full-time

Pros

You meet some great people. Get pay every week.

Cons

They never give all the details on the management training program in the interview. Basically you figure out things as you go.

Advice to Management

None

"Account Manager"

Pros

Awesome people. These guys really practice what they preach when it comes to accountability and growth opportunities. The nice part about this job is you really do get out what you put in.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con for some but the true hours are not what they advertise. A lot of cultural pressure to put in more work, however you are compensated for the extra time.

Aug 6, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your review! We definitely work harder than the average, but we also see so much growth and opportunity based on what we put in, so you are very right!

"Different experience.."

Former Employee - Amount Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Amount Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Project Apex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No doubt that most of the people there are fun and kind and awesome to hang out with outside of work. Very positive environment and if you are willing to put in the work you will move up because this is a performance based job. Even with the cons it isn't a bad place to work if you're willing to commit alot of your time to the job and the people. Don't regret the time spent there.

Cons

Although I loved most of the people I worked with in didn't always agree with Josh (owner). He would sometimes say things that threw me off working for him. (Personal opinion) and when I said in the pros section about putting in the work. It is ALOT of work and long hours. It's good that the people are great cause that's all you will be hanging out with. Unless your amazing at sales you will probably be working weekends (Tuesday and Wednesday). Favoritism is definitely a thing in the office.

Advice to Management

Don't tell your employees that you have to much money to care about other people.

Aug 6, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your review! We're so glad you found our work environment positive and enjoyed working with our team! Yep, we definitely work hard and sometimes longer hours, but we do it because we see... More

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Increased my leadership and communication skills

Cons

None, this job was great

Jul 18, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your review!

"Great place to work if you are willing to put in the time and effort"

I worked at Project Apex full-time

Pros

Gave me a wealth of opportunity that I would not have gotten elsewhere. I gained so much knowledge and experience in the little time that I was there. Definitely a very fast paced, fun environment. If you're not up for a challenge and to be pushed beyond your limits, this is not the place for you. There's a lot of room for growth, personal development, and professional development as well.

Cons

This job is very time consuming, and will require a lot of commitment, and sacrifices. The expectation are set very high, and you will get daily reviews on performance. (Which is good, but definitely nerve wracking) You are expected to come earlier, and stay later if you want to have any progression in this company. To get to management, it is a challenge, and not for those who easily quit. You must be able to build strong relationships, and have strong communication skills if not you will fail.

Jul 3, 2016 – CEO

Thanks so much for your review. Sounds like you gained a lot from your time here at Project Apex, even if it was short! It is absolutely our goal to expect a lot from people, which will push them... More

"Awesome expirence"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Project Apex (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture.. Worked there is like have a big family.
    I had a lot of fun!
    I learn a lot.
    Travel a lot
    Help to change picture of business.

Cons

Only base commission
    Only full time.
    A lot of competition environment.

Advice to Management

For be assistant of manager you just have to work really hard and make a team of 10 people

May 19, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your review! Love to hear from those who have learned a lot while working with us! - Josh Tolsma

"Account manager"

I worked at Project Apex full-time

Pros

Good work environment, good people to work with, and great opportunity to run your own business but you won't have a social life

Cons

Commission only based, you can work 80 hours in a week and not make a lot of money. The managers don't care if you were at the store till 11pm if you didn't make a sell you don't make money.

Advice to Management

Make sure your job applications say commission only.

Apr 6, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear positive things about our team and work environment. We just wanted to make sure other job candidates understand that we do provide a BASE wage, with the... More

"Account Manager Experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Project Apex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most places require experience for the position we seek right out of college. Project Apex was an ideal environment for the experience I needed. Fun, Professional, Family environment. I learned a lot about myself and my potential by utilizing my social and leadership skills there. Prior to working at Apex I had no professional experience, but I walked away with more than just experience. I am more confident, accountable, and disciplined than I had arrived. I can literally speak to anyone now. They really focus on developing you as an individual as well as a professional.

Cons

Commitment is huge there. A lot of time is spent with the team, which yields the family type environment. Not necessarily a negative experience honestly, just time consuming. Commitment is also heavily enforced on standards, performance and achieving goals. Core Values are extremely important and "non-negotiable". It was definitely uncomfortable at first when I was held to a higher bar than I ever had been before.

Advice to Management

Thank you for developing my leadership capabilities and helping me develop my Core Values. I took away more than I thought I would in a year. "Cheers"!

Dec 21, 2015 – CEO

Thanks so much for your review! It's great to hear about what a positive experience you had working with us. We definitely hold our team to high standards, and from what you disclosed about us here... More